Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I don’t believe in endless lockdowns. But there are more coming.

So you haven’t read the thread title before dumping links that don’t back up the conspiracy. Permanent’ is a key word.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You have over 20,000 post on Boards baby.:-)

I have over 40,000 posts on here, what does that have to do with you linking articles that you haven't even been bothered to read?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

It’s proof of further lockdowns coming baby.

There's definitely lockdown coming your way...baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

I have over 40,000 posts on here, what does that have to do with you linking articles that you haven't even been bothered to read?

Why do you assume that I haven’t read the news story that I posted? If you have 40,000 posts on Boards.ie it indicates that you shouldn’t spend so much time online, that you are missing out on life.

Why do you assume that I haven’t read the news story that I posted? If you have 40,000 posts on Boards.ie it indicates that you shouldn’t spend so much time online, that you are missing out on life.

I know you haven't read it because it doesn't say what you claimed it said. Don't worry about my life kiddo, I'm currently sitting in a beer garden with a nice cold pint after having a lovely Sunday meal....lockdowns are over ;)

• Advertisement

I know you haven't read it because it doesn't say what you claimed it said. Don't worry about my life kiddo, I'm currently sitting in a beer garden with a nice cold pint after having a lovely Sunday meal....lockdowns are over ;)

I’d doubt you are doing what you say you are doing. So we both doubt each other. I hope you’ll stand over the “lockdowns are over” statement in 3 months time.

I’d doubt you are doing what you say you are doing. So we both doubt each other. I hope you’ll stand over the “lockdowns are over” statement in 3 months time.

I live in the UK where the bars are open, couldn't give a tiny shiny shìte wether you believe me or not :D

I live in the UK where the bars are open, couldn't give a tiny shiny shìte wether you believe me or not :D

Strange to be on Boards.ie in a beer garden

Strange to be on Boards.ie in a beer garden

Why? Do you only post from your toilet or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

It’s proof of further lockdowns coming baby.

How does that article 'prove' that further lockdowns are coming?

Are you saying that someone has already planned further lockdowns, and they will
    happen regardless of the number of virus cases, or their effects on the health system (or lack of)?

• Advertisement

Why? Do you only post from your toilet or something??

If I was having pints with friends I wouldn’t be on boards.ie

PintOfView wrote: »
    How does that article 'prove' that further lockdowns are coming?

Are you saying that someone has already planned further lockdowns, and they will
    happen regardless of the number of virus cases, or their effects on the health system (or lack of)?

When the summer is over there will be a lockdown and by that I mean late August/ early September. Does that satisfy you?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

When the summer is over there will be a lockdown and by that I mean late August/ early September. Does that satisfy you?

My question was if you think that there is a lockdown already planned,
    or if it will depend on how the covid situation evolves over the summer?
    Your answer doesn't answer that question!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What's your reasoning behind this?

If there were no vaccinations, then it might be plausible.

But by the end of this month it's estimated approx. 80% of Irish adults will have had their first jab. September is three months after that, and the vaccinated figure will only be higher. How will the virus get a grip according to you? (vaccines are handling the new variants quite well)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is this pre planned?

If you are just making a prediction on the future course of the pandemic and how the world and individual countries happen to deal with it then you've taken a wrong turn to end up in this thread.

This thread is for people who think that there is a conspiracy behind the pandemic and the associated lockdowns, and that there is some hidden plan to use these things to control us somehow. If that is what you belive then please do different to every other poster from that camp so far and give us a reason for why someone would want to control the world through permanent lockdowns and what they hope to achieve by doing so.

PintOfView wrote: »
    My question was if you think that there is a lockdown already planned,
    or if it will depend on how the covid situation evolves over the summer?
    Your answer doesn't answer that question!

The next lockdown is planned. Similar to last summer, hotels, restaurants and bars will be given a reprieve and a chance to earn money. People will be given a chance to live a little, before locking down again. Do I believe lockdowns will go on forever? No they won’t go on forever, but they are not over yet.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    What's your reasoning behind this?

If there were no vaccinations, then it might be plausible.

But by the end of this month it's estimated approx. 80% of Irish adults will have had their first jab. September is three months after that, and the vaccinated figure will only be higher. How will the virus get a grip according to you? (vaccines are handling the new variants quite well)

Government are not saying the vaccine is 100% effective against the Delta strain, but they won’t push that fact until the summer is over. We will be told that the vaccine is not as effective as originally thought in the coming months. There could even be a new strain, which similarly we will be told the vaccine does not give full immunity against. There will be a lockdown in September, regardless of the current positivity about “beating Covid.”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Government are not saying the vaccine is 100% effective against the Delta strain, but they won’t push that fact until the summer is over. We will be told that the vaccine is not as effective as originally thought in the coming months. There could even be a new strain, which similarly we will be told the vaccine does not give full immunity against. There will be a lockdown in September, regardless of the current positivity about “beating Covid.”
    Do you believe that the government are genuine in these claims? Do you believe that if they give these reasons for another lockdown, the reasons are true?

Are all of them untrue and made up for the purpose of calling another lockdown when it's not actually needed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The next lockdown is planned. Similar to last summer, hotels, restaurants and bars will be given a reprieve and a chance to earn money. People will be given a chance to live a little, before locking down again. Do I believe lockdowns will go on forever? No they won’t go on forever, but they are not over yet.

So as you don't believe that lockdowns are permanent you are just attempting to be Mystic Meg and making some predictions on how things might pan out, rather than suggesting that there is a conspiracy.

Government planning for how they will handle future lockdowns is not a conspiracy, that's just what they are supposed to do in a pandemic.

No vaccine is 100% effective, they don't need to be in. To sum up, your guess that there will be another lockdown in September based on a whole bunch of other baseless guesses. Your "reasoning" is simply personal fortune telling.

• Advertisement

No vaccine is 100% effective, they don't need to be in. To sum up, your guess that there will be another lockdown in September based on a whole bunch of other baseless guesses. Your "reasoning" is simply personal fortune telling.

Only time will tell.

robinph wrote: »
    So as you don't believe that lockdowns are permanent you are just attempting to be Mystic Meg and making some predictions on how things might pan out, rather than suggesting that there is a conspiracy.

Government planning for how they will handle future lockdowns is not a conspiracy, that's just what they are supposed to do in a pandemic.

I’d call it a global agenda, that countries are following knowingly and unknowingly. Limited summer travel has been allowed both this summer and last summer, in order to salvage some sort of tourist season and keep the hospitality industry ticking over. My view is that in the autumn everything will shut down again and that restrictions haven’t ended fully in the near term. I also don’t agree that restrictions are permanent. There could however be permanent ramifications though, like travellers will have to show a vaccine passport when travelling in the coming years. You may have to also show a vaccine passport to get into large concerts, nightclubs and restaurants in years to come. Call me a tinfoil hat wearer if you want.

I’d call it a global agenda, that countries are following knowingly and unknowingly. Limited summer travel has been allowed both this summer and last summer, in order to salvage some sort of tourist season and keep the hospitality industry ticking over. My view is that in the autumn everything will shut down again and that restrictions haven’t ended fully in the near term. I also don’t agree that restrictions are permanent. There could however be permanent ramifications though, like travellers will have to show a vaccine passport when travelling in the coming years. You may have to also show a vaccine passport to get into large concerts, nightclubs and restaurants in years to come. Call me a tinfoil hat wearer if you want.

I'm not calling you a tin foil hat wearer, you are giving yourself that label if anything.

Nothing you have said is in anyway a conspiracy. You are just talking about this thing might happen because that thing happened and then the world will have changed a bit. That isn't a conspiracy, it's just wondering what the world will look like in the future.

For some reason you are trying to make out you are following a conspiracy theory, when you don't believe in any conspiracy?!?!

robinph wrote: »
    I'm not calling you a tin foil hat wearer, you are giving yourself that label if anything.

Nothing you have said is in anyway a conspiracy. You are just talking about this thing might happen because that thing happened and then the world will have changed a bit. That isn't a conspiracy, it's just wondering what the world will look like in the future.

For some reason you are trying to make out you are following a conspiracy theory, when you don't believe in any conspiracy?!?!

I’m maybe undecided as to whether it is a full blown conspiracy. A man smarter than myself, namely Robert Kiyosaki thinks the lockdowns are a load of crap. He reckons that the money printing was necessary to prevent the collapse of shadow banks. Another man who’s cleverer than I, David McWilliams also recently admitted in his podcast that the lockdowns have been a waste of time. There certainly are doubts as to whether the levels of lockdowns we have had were necessary. Will the fallout of this be a load of small businesses going bust and behemoths like Amazon taking over?

I’m maybe undecided as to whether it is a full blown conspiracy. A man smarter than myself, namely Robert Kiyosaki thinks the lockdowns are a load of crap. He reckons that the money printing was necessary to prevent the collapse of shadow banks. Another man who’s cleverer than I, David McWilliams also recently admitted in his podcast that the lockdowns have been a waste of time. There certainly are doubts as to whether the levels of lockdowns we have had were necessary. Will the fallout of this be a load of small businesses going bust and behemoths like Amazon taking over?

But do you think that there is some evil mastermind, living in a hollowed out volcano, who is directing the lockdowns and for some reason trying to destroy all business world wide.

Or is it more that there may have been alternative methods to deal with a global pandemic and some countries did better at it than others.

???

One of those is a conspiracy theory, the other is just an example of how the world works.

UK vaccine passport plans to be scrapped

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-vaccine-passport-plans-be-scrapped-telegraph-2021-05-30/
    Britain plans to drop COVID-19 passports as a legal requirement for large events, The Daily Telegraph reported on Sunday.

The UK officials working on the review into COVID-19 status certificates believe there is no chance the law will be changed to mandate their use within the UK, the report added.

What you are basically claiming is that governments all over the world are in some sort of giant conspiracy to artificially damage their economies

Why?

I’m maybe undecided as to whether it is a full blown conspiracy. A man smarter than myself, namely Robert Kiyosaki thinks the lockdowns are a load of crap. He reckons that the money printing was necessary to prevent the collapse of shadow banks.

A quick lookup shows he's not someone anyone should trust
    In 2007, the Ohio state Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing issued a statement warning people against some of the illegal methods preached by Kiyosaki in his books and seminars.[40][41] In 2010, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation did an exposé on scams that were being perpetuated by Kiyosaki's company in Canada in the guise of seminars. Upon tracking the success claims of "Rich Dad" seminar organizers, they discovered that these claims were not true. Investments in trailers and trailer parks, which were being propagated as "successful" by seminar teachers, were found to actually be barren pieces of land that no one was using.[42]

From 1990 to 1995, Kiyosaki used Amway to promote his book with multi-level marketing. He was sued by his fellow author Sharon Lechter in 2007 for not keeping to the terms of their agreement.[43]

Kiyosaki's advice has been criticized for emphasizing anecdotes and containing nothing in the way of concrete advice on how readers should proceed or work.[44] He replies that his material is meant to be a motivational tool to get readers thinking about money rather than a guide to wealth, that "rich dad" was a fictional character,[45] and that the books are supposed to be "interesting" rather than involve a lot of technical material.[46] According to John Reed, a real estate advisor, Kiyosaki's books often advise practices such as the illegal use of insider tips from rich friends (insider trading), as well as vulture real estate purchases and taking more debt on credit cards than one can handle and declaring bankruptcy whenever one's plans go awry.[47]

In an interview with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, he admitted that he partnered with a real estate firm to promote their business through his seminars. He also admitted that since the Rich Dad seminars were franchisees that functioned independent of him, he had little control over their content. Kiyosaki has been criticized for being anti-education, advocating for people to drop out of school and for unfolding the idea of higher education being superfluous for financial success.[48] He has ridiculed people who are highly educated and academically successful and has said "the best way to get even with A-grade students was to make them employees of mine". He has described people who go to college as "suckers" and PhD holders as people who are "poor, helpless, and desperate", alluding to Kiyosaki's own father, who became poor and unemployed during the last years of his life despite having a PhD.[49]

In 2006 and 2007, Kiyosaki's Rich Dad seminars continued to promote real estate as a sound investment, just before their prices came crashing down.[50]

In 2010, Allan Roth of CBS News documented what occurred when he attended one of Rich Dad's free seminars and dissected some of the tactics employed.[51] The Marketplace exposé on his seminars in Canada showed what occurred in $450 seminars through a hidden camera including Kiyosaki's response to them.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki

What you are basically claiming is that governments all over the world are in some sort of giant conspiracy to artificially damage their economies

Why?

It could be to fulfil some climate change agenda? Planes, cars and cruise liners were brought to a halt for over a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It could be to fulfil some climate change agenda? Planes, cars and cruise liners were brought to a halt for over a year.

That is outright false. So you didn’t see any cars on the road for a year? No airplanes either? Cruise ships are a different kettle of fish, because they are more seasonal and so if you don’t live near Dublin or Cobh, you wouldn’t see them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement