Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It could be to fulfil some climate change agenda? Planes, cars and cruise liners were brought to a halt for over a year.

How have all of these multinational airlines, cruise companies, car manufacturers, petrol companies etc managed to all agree to shut down their businesses for the sake of dealing with climate change.. Yet there has been absolutely zero leaks from within any of those companies complaining about this shutdown being forced on them because of a fake pandemic, and no leaks from any civil servants in any country, or any politicians or former politicians to tell us about how this plan was being implemented?

Who is behind this plan, and how have they managed to keep everyone on the entire planet involved in implementing the plan to keep quiet? It would mean that about half the worlds population were in on the conspiracy, but somehow you are the only person aware of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It could be to fulfil some climate change agenda? Planes, cars and cruise liners were brought to a halt for over a year.

Why are you trying to make up a reason after you've decided? that doesn't make any sense

It's like making up a prediction for next week, then wracking your head for reasons why. Horse before the cart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

robinph wrote: »
    How have all of these multinational airlines, cruise companies, car manufacturers, petrol companies etc managed to all agree to shut down their businesses for the sake of dealing with climate change.. Yet there has been absolutely zero leaks from within any of those companies complaining about this shutdown being forced on them because of a fake pandemic, and no leaks from any civil servants in any country, or any politicians or former politicians to tell us about how this plan was being implemented?

Who is behind this plan, and how have they managed to keep everyone on the entire planet involved in implementing the plan to keep quiet? It would mean that about half the worlds population were in on the conspiracy, but somehow you are the only person aware of it?

As if car manufacturers, airlines and businesses would be made aware of it. As if any of the general public would be made aware of it. Do you think governments are incapable of lying? Remember the “weapons of mass destruction?”

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Why are you trying to make up a reason after you've decided? that doesn't make any sense

It's like making up a prediction for next week, then wracking your head for reasons why. Horse before the cart.

I’m just throwing it out there as one possibility.

That is outright false. So you didn’t see any cars on the road for a year? No airplanes either? Cruise ships are a different kettle of fish, because they are more seasonal and so if you don’t live near Dublin or Cobh, you wouldn’t see them.

are you honestly saying that there wasn’t a huge reduction in the numbers of cars on the roads and planes in the air over the past year and a bit?Were guards not out on the roads, asking people where they were driving to and what they were doing? You were supposed to stay at home unless you had something urgent to do, like buy your groceries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

As if car manufacturers, airlines and businesses would be made aware of it. As if any of the general public would be made aware of it. Do you think governments are incapable of lying? Remember the “weapons of mass destruction?”

So not one of the countless people involved around the world have blown the whistle?

What about the countries, and even parts of countries that haven’t followed this global plan? Why haven’t they?

Is there anything else you want to add to your fabrication?

are you honestly saying that there wasn’t a huge reduction in the numbers of cars on the roads and planes in the air over the past year and a bit?Were guards not out on the roads, asking people where they were driving to and what they were doing? You were supposed to stay at home unless you had something urgent to do, like buy your groceries?

During the first lockdown, there was a significant decrease in traffic. But not during the last lockdown. People were milling around.

You claimed they transport was shut down. You lied.

During the first lockdown, there was a significant decrease in traffic. But not during the last lockdown. People were milling around.

You claimed they transport was shut down. You lied.

??

??

You posted the below, which I replied to.

Then you said:

So you lied in the first post. “Brought to a halt” is very very different to a “reduction.”

You posted the below, which I replied to.

Then you said:

So you lied in the first post. “Brought to a halt” is very very different to a “reduction.”

Get a life would ya. That’s just needless nit picking. Christ I can’t imagine what you were like as a child, when mammy didn’t buy you the sweets “she promised she would buy you.”

• Advertisement

Get a life would ya. That’s just needless nit picking. Christ I can’t imagine what you were like as a child, when mammy didn’t buy you the sweets “she promised she would buy you.”

Less of the personal insults please.

You are fabricating narratives that you can’t even stick to. Expect to be picked up on untruths on an Internet forum. That’s what happens. If you make a point then expect it to be challenged, and prepare to back it up, not try to change it a bit when your point has been disproved.

Less of the personal insults please.

You are fabricating narratives that you can’t even stick to. Expect to be picked up on untruths on an Internet forum. That’s what happens. If you make a point then expect it to be challenged, and prepare to back it up, not try to change it a bit when your point has been disproved.

“Ground to a halt” is a turn of phrase you twat. You are nit-picking and you know it. I don’t mind my theories being questioned, but I do mind when somebody is trolling me in such a pathetic way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

“Ground to a halt” is a turn of phrase you twat. You are nit-picking and you know it. I don’t mind my theories being questioned, but I do mind when somebody is trolling me in such a pathetic way.

All you need to say is "Thanks, I didn't mean ground to a halt, I meant reduced" and move on, most people read "halt" as "stopped", no need to be over dramatic about it.

People are looking for a coherent narrative from you that there may be some evidence for, if there are holes in that narrative, expect to be picked up on it.

astrofool wrote: »
    All you need to say is "Thanks, I didn't mean ground to a halt, I meant reduced" and move on, most people read "halt" as "stopped", no need to be over dramatic about it.

People are looking for a coherent narrative from you that there may be some evidence for, if there are holes in that narrative, expect to be picked up on it.

It’s just annoying when people are so petty. Obviously I don’t think that cars were completely banned on the road. I take your point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There was a 7% reduction globally in carbon emissions. That's nowhere close to 'ground to a halt'.

We could lock everyone up forever but that wouldn't change a thing, people driving to work affect emissions **** all.

There was a 7% reduction globally in carbon emissions. That's nowhere close to 'ground to a halt'.

We could lock everyone up forever but that wouldn't change a thing, people driving to work affect emissions **** all.

Aren’t airplanes meant to be damaging to the environment though, according to Greta Thunberg?

Aren’t airplanes meant to be damaging to the environment though, according to Greta Thunberg?

They aren't a paragon of virtue, but they are small potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I’m just throwing it out there as one possibility.

Yeah it's a random prediction with no logic or reasoning behind it. Mystic Meg stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You claimed that the pandemic is being faked in order to fulfil a climate change agenda and shut down all travel. Do you not think that all the businesses involved in global travel might notice if they are being lied to about a global pandemic and say something about it, or would they need to be brought in on the plan in order to keep the lie going?

You claimed that the pandemic is being faked in order to fulfil a climate change agenda and shut down all travel. Do you not think that all the businesses involved in global travel might notice if they are being lied to about a global pandemic and say something about it, or would they need to be brought in on the plan in order to keep the lie going?

The virus is real (though it could have been made in a lab). It is the reaction to the virus which has been extreme. Was there a need for almost one year of repeated lockdowns? Ireland made a complete balls of it as an island. New Zealand and Australia fared far better as islands. Although you will be sold another lie in the Emerald Isle, the “we are doing great lads.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The virus is real (though it could have been made in a lab). It is the reaction to the virus which has been extreme. Was there a need for almost one year of repeated lockdowns? Ireland made a complete balls of it as an island. New Zealand and Australia fared far better as islands. Although you will be sold another lie in the Emerald Isle, the “we are doing great lads.”

So where Australia and New Zealand not part of this evil plan to control the world then? How come they where allowed to remain open when everywhere else was closed? Your story has more holes than swish cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok. So tell us what was the real reasons for the lockdown?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    So where Australia and New Zealand not part of this evil plan to control the world then? How come they where allowed to remain open when everywhere else was closed? Your story has more holes than swish cheese.

If you want to believe that the global lockdowns were normal, fair play to you. If you believe the vaccine will be the answer to everything, kudos to you. If you think the measures taken over the last 12 months won’t bankrupt most small to medium sized businesses, I take my tinfoil hat off to you. Australia and New Zealand took action themselves, made their own decisions and the right ones. Ireland should have shut every airport and port last March. If we had had a severe lockdown starting last March, Irish people could have had a great time within their own country, once all airports and ports remained closed.

If you want to believe that the global lockdowns were normal, fair play to you. If you believe the vaccine will be the answer to everything, kudos to you. If you think the measures taken over the last 12 months won’t bankrupt most small to medium sized businesses, I take my tinfoil hat off to you. Australia and New Zealand took action themselves, made their own decisions and the right ones. Ireland should have shut every airport and port last March. If we had had a severe lockdown starting last March, Irish people could have had a great time within their own country, once all airports and ports remained closed.

So not a conspiracy then, just different countries dealing with a pandemic in different ways.

So not a conspiracy then, just different countries dealing with a pandemic in different ways.

I’m pretty sure countries will blindly shut down again in the Autumn, almost in unison. I never said that all the global leaders agreed to a conspiracy at a private meeting. But there is a pandemic agenda being pushed globally.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah it's a random prediction with no logic or reasoning behind it. Mystic Meg stuff.

Well all we heard about was climate change for a few years before the pandemic. Greta Thunberg et al are very quiet now, with airlines having done way less business over the last twelve months and cars sitting idle for a lot of the time in driveways until recently.

I’m pretty sure countries will blindly shut down again in the Autumn, almost in unison. I never said that all the global leaders agreed to a conspiracy at a private meeting. But there is a pandemic agenda being pushed globally.

So you've renamed the term "conspiracy theory" to be "pandemic agenda"?

So who is behind this pandemic agenda / conspiracy and who is pushing this globally?

Well all we heard about was climate change for a few years before the pandemic. Greta Thunberg et al are very quiet now, with airlines having done way less business over the last twelve months and cars sitting idle for a lot of the time in driveways until recently.

So Greta, a teenager is pulling the strings?

There are a huge number of people that seem to be quiet, because most of the news is reporting the pandemic. The way news outlets work is that they priorities what they think are the bigger stories, that will get more views/purchases. Therefore, other things get pushed down the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok. So you're contending the "agenda" is that they are faking/over hyping the pandemic to force lockdowns that aren't actually needed to cause a 7% reduction in emissions?

Is Greta herself part of this agenda? Is she making decisions?
    Who else is part of the agenda and how did they get all countries involved?

If you don't know and can't actually answer any of the questions put to you, you can just say so. There's no shame in not actually knowing.

• Advertisement

What has this got to do with the thread? There are plenty of other threads to discuss our response to covid. This just reads like you don't have anything of substance to add to the discussion, so are throwing out random stuff in the hopes some will stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement