Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

The fact that numbers are currently low is not a basis to remove mask requirements, that would by default increase spread when a huge amount are still vulnerable to the virus. I already said that I'm guessing next spring is when they're made optional btw... It'll vary by region. They're already optional in the US if you're vaccinated. You expect one word answers but it's far more complex realistically.

And people will continue to be vulnerable to the virus post-vaccination. It's endemic. It's not going away. NPHET will continue to be concerned about the small number of people who will continue to be vulnerable to covid.

Somewhat optional in the US. Businesses can still insist on them, they're still required on public transport and planes by federal law.

So they are doing thier job and you don't like this?

Because it all depends on case numbers and hospital numbers, is that so hard to understand?

Gibraltar is also a tourist spot and has thousands of Spanish people (who Gibraltar have also vaccinated) crossing the border everyday for work so yes just like the UK masks are worn in shops and public transport.

I'm saying they'll never not be concerned about case numbers.

Okay, it depends on hospital numbers, and case numbers (although hospitalisations are more important). On the 22nd of June, according to Paul Reid, there were 39 people out of a population of 4.5 million, in hospital: https://mobile.twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1407357321840414725

And still the most heavily restricted country in the world and the only one where people can't eat indoors.

And we are lifting measures, I'm lost on why you think masks would be first to go... Fyi, I'm in the high risk category, I only got dose two last week and still loads more waiting so we're still playing catch-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Gotanna, why are NPHET et al trying to make masks permanent?
    Why are they engaging in a conspiracy to trick people into this?
    How does it benefit them?

Don't dodge this question again.
    Don't deflect.
    Don't ignore.

If you can't answer it, say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Okay, it depends on hospital numbers, and case numbers (although hospitalisations are more important). On the 22nd of June, according to Paul Reid, there were 39 people out of a population of 4.5 million, in hospital: https://mobile.twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1407357321840414725

And still the most heavily restricted country in the world and the only one where people can't eat indoors.

Yet in the UK I can go to a bar or restaurant and i don't have to wear a mask, in Gibralter it's the same and no limit to table numbers, wheres the conspiracy? Why would masks be permanent? Why won't you answer this simple question because you obviously believe they will be for some obscure reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why won't you answer this simple question because you obviously believe they will be for some obscure reason.

Because thats an admission that theyve wasted a year and a half of their lives on something that is complete fiction. Which Id imagine is a tough thing to do. Like most conspiraloons, family and friends have been bored to death with this crap aswell so cant back out now!

Sometimes its tough to admit you were wildy incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Gortanna wrote: »

Israel dropped their mask requirements last month. Your 'argument' is daft, mask requirements are the last thing to be dropped because they have no real downsides - not because 'they' want to control us. Governments already control populations through far more restrictive methods than masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

with all this talk about it becoming permenant, and being man made, im starting to think its a way for the governments to get rid of the uncompliant.

all those sheeple that were doing as told dutring this "outbreak" will do the same again for the next, leaving the so called "troublmakers" to get infected by whats released next.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

kaahooters wrote: »
    with all this talk about it becoming permenant, and being man made, im starting to think its a way for the governments to get rid of the uncompliant.

all those sheeple that were doing as told dutring this "outbreak" will do the same again for the next, leaving the so called "troublmakers" to get infected by whats released next.

So this virus is fake so that some anti maskers and anti vaxxers get more entrenched and then the real virus gets released next year to kill those antis all off?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

I was thinking that too, hopefully that one IS a Theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

buzzerxx wrote: »

Why would they need to fake a pandemic, and then have a real pandemic by releasing a virus to remove what you deem undesirables?

Most people will say the most washed body part in 2020 is the hands. I will disagree and say it is the brain. The lies will be permanent.

Most people will say the most washed body part in 2020 is the hands. I will disagree and say it is the brain. The lies will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If governments around the world wanted to get rid of they type of person you deem undesirable they don’t need a pandemic or virus. So why would they fake a pandemic, and then start a real one with a man made virus to get rid of certain people? Please don’t dodge again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What lies?

For example, you've just claimed the Delta variant isn't real, care to back that up? or is it a lie itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Has it occurred to either of you that the virus might have been real?

Or that you might have an over active imagination,
    or are the "sheeple" yourselves for believing unverified nonsense you read on fringe web sites?

The Nal wrote: »
    Because thats an admission that theyve wasted a year and a half of their lives on something that is complete fiction. Which Id imagine is a tough thing to do. Like most conspiraloons, family and friends have been bored to death with this crap aswell so cant back out now!

Sometimes its tough to admit you were wildy incorrect.

The measures haven't been scrapped. brianhere is right until such a time as they are scrapped. There is no indication that they will be scrapped. People point to Israel, but they got rid of masks for a week. They're mandatory again.

Did you read the article about Covid 21: https://mobile.twitter.com/FatEmperor/status/1387804397808332800

The measures haven't been scrapped. brianhere is right until such a time as they are scrapped. There is no indication that they will be scrapped. People point to Israel, but they got rid of masks for a week. They're mandatory again.
    But Gortanna. You dodged the question again for the umpteenth time.

That's you admitting that you can't provide a reason for why masks would be permanent.
    And since you agree that you can't provide a single argument for it, we can conclude that they aren't going to be permanent.
    And given that over these last 5000 posts none of you guys seem willing to point to any other measures, we can conclude that there's no rational argument for why any will be permanent.

The question now is why you keep dodging and pretending?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

King Mob wrote: »

The question now is why you keep dodging and pretending?

This is always the real issue here. Having an irrational belief so powerful that someone has to lie to themselves and others in order to support it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So we're agreed that masks are definitely not a permanent thing in Israel then and restrictions are brought in within each country as and when appropriate for their local conditions regarding the virus.

Now about the reasons why any country would want to impose economic restrictions on their population for no logical reason? Any answer to that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This is always the real issue here. Having an irrational belief so powerful that someone has to lie to themselves and others in order to support it.

Oh you two are real gems. I think it’s obvious now to even the casual observer that there will be no exit from covid and all measures are permanent. There will always be another “variant of concern”.

robinph wrote: »
    So we're agreed that masks are definitely not a permanent thing in Israel then and restrictions are brought in within each country as and when appropriate for their local conditions regarding the virus.

Now about the reasons why any country would want to impose economic restrictions on their population for no logical reason? Any answer to that yet?

Maybe because the worlds debt based monetary system mediated by the US dollar is nearing collapse? None so blind as those who will not see.

pearcider wrote: »
    Oh you two are real gems. I think it’s obvious now to even the casual observer that there will be no exit from covid and all measures are permanent. There will always be another “variant of concern”.

Oh ok.
    So we're back to the claim that all measures are permanent again.

Do you really mean "all" or do you have specific ones you believe are going to be permanent?

Could you maybe explain why this going to happen and who exactly is behind it?

It's been 5000 posts and the claims have been all over the place. Not one believer has actually stated their beliefs.
    It's almost like you guys don't know what you're talking about, making everything up and avoiding anything that might expose that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh look, another blatant lie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

Went for a walk earlier on down to Church Bay to walk the cliff and what a disturbing sight awaited me. A group of teenagers standing by a Garda car and when I got nearer the cliff I saw the guards moving the rest of the group off the beach. I reckon at least half of them were foreign summer students. What an absolute disgrace of a nation we have become. From two weeks to flatten the curve to this carry on 15 months later. A conspiracy doesn't need to be hidden when its in plain view. 15 months may not be eternal but its damn near a liminal permanence for that timeframe.

This is the new normal. The vaccines create new variants which will need new vaccines etc. Sydney gone into lockdown today for about 30 cases. Our re opening postponed for this “variant of concern.” All the media parroting the same message over and over again. “Variant of concern” “variant of concern” Remember this is the summer, the hospitals are empty and they’ve already postponed indoor dining. This is the new normal and there is no escape. Let’s not mention the 24 trillion spent so far. Follow the money.

This is the new normal. The vaccines create new variants which will need new vaccines etc. Sydney gone into lockdown today for about 30 cases. Our re opening postponed for this “variant of concern.” All the media parroting the same message over and over again. “Variant of concern” “variant of concern” Remember this is the summer, the hospitals are empty and they’ve already postponed indoor dining. This is the new normal and there is no escape. Let’s not mention the 24 trillion spent so far. Follow the money.

Sorry, you've dodged the question like every other conspiracy theorist for the last 5000 pages and now you're going on this rant that doesn't actually seem to have any kind of substance or independent opinions behind it.

Which measures do you believe will be permanent?
    Why will they be permanent?
    Who are we following the money to?

You will most likely dodge this question again. That's fine. It just repeatedly shows that you can't answer them and that all your proclamations are empty rambling you're parroting from conspiracy mongers.

It's actually a little bizarre that you cats think ignoring questions is helping your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Grand.
    Wheres the money going?

• Advertisement

Maybe because the worlds debt based monetary system mediated by the US dollar is nearing collapse? None so blind as those who will not see.

So countries around the world are implementing requirements to wear masks because of something to do with the US Dollar?

Your going to need to expand on that for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement