Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

buzzerxx wrote: »
    THE REAL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS BELIEVE THAT GOVERNMENTS CARE ABOUT THEM, THE MEDIA WOULD NEVER MISLEAD OR LIE TO THEM AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY THAT MAKES BILLIONS OFF SICKNESS WANTS TO CURE THEM.

Imagine for a minute that the virus is real, and there's a real pandemic in progress,
    how would you even know, if your mind is so closed to reality, and looking for conspiracies everywhere?
    (Google pandemics and see how many there have been in the past!)

And yes, governments are not perfect, and there have been plenty of examples of
    corrupt and dishonest politicians in government, both in Ireland and elsewhere, however
    to extrapolate that to thinking the whole world is being hoodwinked is complete fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

PintOfView wrote: »
    Imagine for a minute that the virus is real, and there's a real pandemic in progress,
    how would you even know, if your mind is so closed to reality, and looking for conspiracies everywhere?
    (Google pandemics and see how many there have been in the past!)

And yes, governments are not perfect, and there have been plenty of examples of
    corrupt and dishonest politicians in government, both in Ireland and elsewhere, however
    to extrapolate that to thinking the whole world is being hoodwinked is complete fantasy.

That's your point of view, (pun intended) and you're entitled to it.
    Whats your thoughts on this....
    https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10159209767583972&set=a.96933973971

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What are your thoughts on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh look, another Facebook post :rolleyes:

Are we back to Bill Gates being the bad guy again?

Oh look, another Facebook post :rolleyes:

Are we back to Bill Gates being the bad guy again?

Thank god for the internet,Facebook, whatsapp, twitter etc. imagine a world that relied on government controlled propaganda spewing msm for information.
    Gates is an Evil, Psychopathic Megalomaniac.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So which of the vaccines is it that Bill Gates developed and put the 5G chips in then. The one developed by the Turkish couple in Germany, the one by Oxford University, the Russian one, the Chinese one or is it one of the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Thank god for the internet,Facebook, whatsapp, twitter etc. imagine a world that relied on government controlled propaganda spewing msm for information.

So you then immediately believe everything you read on Facebook without question?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You won't answer any questions and keep jumping to something else. Reminds me of someone

King Mob wrote: »
    So you then immediately believe everything you read on Facebook without question?

No, of course not but i believe more on there than on the bought msm propaganda machine. The people have become the media and we cannot be bought back.

No, of course not but i believe more on there than on the bought msm propaganda machine. The people have become the media and we cannot be bought back.
    OK.
    So how do you know the Facebook link you're dumping and don't want to talk about is accurate?

What did you do to verify that the information was actual true and accurately represented?

Please talk us through the process you used to do this?

Or did you just read it and believe it without question?

Also could you maybe take a Crack at the questio central to the thread that other conspiracy theorists seem so afraid of?
    Why will masks be permanent? How does it benefit people behind the conspiracy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I really worry about the direction the world is heading in when I see that someone would believe a crank on Facebook who is either looking for five minutes of fame or trying to make a quick buck out of people like yourself over someone who has qualifications in journalism and who because of journalistic integrity must have the facts before writing a story.
    But then I realise that people like yourself are very much in the minority and are almost always proven wrong since conspiracy theories became a thing centuries ago.

I could have looked at that and said "omg, look at what someone predicted in 2011, it must all be true"

However, instead I checked it out, and here is what I found
    - The "Soverign Independent" was a conspiracy newspaper, based in Co. Roscommon,
    that has long since folded (pun not intended!)
    - They misunderstood Gates, and misrepresented him in their article
    - In that same edition they promised to "expose the explosive evidence" of the 9/11 conspiracy

Here is a quote from a Reuters fact check on this
    Meanwhile, the quote from Bill Gates alongside the headline about depopulating the earth
    is one that has been repeatedly taken out of context. Gates made the comment during a TED talk in 2010
    about reducing the world’s carbon emissions to zero and was not suggesting the global population
    should be killed off using vaccines. In fact, his stance is the opposite.

Gates has long been a proponent of population control to target the roots of poverty and unrest,
    and told Forbes magazine in 2011 that when he first entered public health, it was to focus on
    contraception. When he later saw data suggesting that when mortality rates fall, so, too, do birth rates,
    Gates shifted his focus from preventing births to saving people already alive. He told Forbes:
    “We moved pretty heavily into vaccines once we understood that.”

see URL="https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-newspaper-idUSKBN27X2VR"]https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-newspaper-idUSKBN27X2VR[/URL

Do you actually believe stuff you read on these web sites, and on facebook, without checking?
    If you do, then it is any surprise that you believe things that are just false?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The newspaper shown is one that was dedicated to conspiracy theories. Anti-vax conspiracy theories are nothing new, and Bill Gates has been involved in vaccination programmes for 20 years.

So what relevance is the front page of a loony newspaper with a nonsense headline?

You might as well post this as proof that aliens exist;
    https://d33byq9npfy6u9.cloudfront.net/4/u/original/24810998/toc_resized_99261-hillaryalien_39-21573_t800.jpg

PintOfView wrote: »
    I could have looked at that and said "omg, look at what someone predicted in 2011, it must all be true"

However, instead I checked it out, and here is what I found
    - The "Soverign Independent" was a conspiracy newspaper, based in Co. Roscommon,
    that has long since folded (pun not intended!)
    - They misunderstood Gates, and misrepresented him in their article
    - In that same edition they promised to "expose the explosive evidence" of the 9/11 conspiracy

Here is a quote from a Reuters fact check on this
    Meanwhile, the quote from Bill Gates alongside the headline about depopulating the earth
    is one that has been repeatedly taken out of context. Gates made the comment during a TED talk in 2010
    about reducing the world’s carbon emissions to zero and was not suggesting the global population
    should be killed off using vaccines. In fact, his stance is the opposite.

Gates has long been a proponent of population control to target the roots of poverty and unrest,
    and told Forbes magazine in 2011 that when he first entered public health, it was to focus on
    contraception. When he later saw data suggesting that when mortality rates fall, so, too, do birth rates,
    Gates shifted his focus from preventing births to saving people already alive. He told Forbes:
    “We moved pretty heavily into vaccines once we understood that.”

see URL="https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-newspaper-idUSKBN27X2VR"]https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-newspaper-idUSKBN27X2VR[/URL

Do you actually believe stuff you read on these web sites, and on facebook, without checking?
    If you do, then it is any surprise that you believe things that are just false?

This quote has been explained so many times on this forum I've lost count

In order to get people to swallow complete bull**** you first convince them that everything around them is a lie; facts, history, science, etc. If they'll accept that, then they'll accept anything.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    In order to get people to swallow complete bull**** you first convince them that everything around them is a lie; facts, history, science, etc. If they'll accept that, then they'll accept anything.
    Yet, isn't it weird that the conspiracy theorists keep talking about things being Orwellian?
    Almost like they haven't actually read 1984.

This quote has been explained so many times on this forum I've lost count

Correct, most of that is what government controlled msm is doing.

Ok.
    But you ignored my question.

You can't explain how you determine fact from fiction.

You obviously just swallow whatever crap you find on facebook that suits your beliefs, then do nothing to actually see if it's true.

You're parroting conspiracy tropes. "The news is all controlled" is a common example of this. People try to spread absurd conspiracies but are contradicted by the facts, so they attack the sources of those facts (journalism, science, etc), by, you guessed it, accusing them of being a part of a conspiracy

They back up their conspiracies with other made-up conspiracies, aka using lies to cover their original lie.

You won't answer any questions and keep jumping to something else. Reminds me of someone

I got a warning for link dumping? I hope you got one for this.

I got a warning for link dumping? I hope you got one for this.

It's a comparison, with a comment and context. You are using the same techniques that guy uses.

You have repeatedly hinted there is some conspiracy afoot regarding Covid, yet when asked you dodge, ignore, evade and go off on conspiracy tangents. It's very simple, is there a conspiracy? if so, what is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,767 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So just to understand this, you believe that the "MSM", consisting of millions and millions of people worldwide, across all continents, races, religions, cultures and politicial stances are all being contolled by their governments?

Or even look at Ireland. Take RTE, Virgin, TG4, Today FM, The Journal, The Times, The Indo, the Examiner, The Star, Newstalk, Sunday Business Post, The Sun and The Herald. Tens of thousands of people all in. I know a good few and have worked in a couple of those places.

Every one of those people are "controlled" by the Irish government are they? And not one person has spoken out against the grand nefarious plan? Not one person with guilty conscience, one disgruntled employee (of which there are thousands in that industry) not one person who was fired in the last 18 months and was angry, not one person whos family has been effected by the last 18 months, not one leak of one of these evil meetings. Not one?

But you believe this?

The Nal wrote: »
    So just to understand this, you believe that the "MSM", consisting of millions and millions of people worldwide, across all continents, races, religions, cultures and politicial stances are all being contolled by their governments?

Or even look at Ireland. Take RTE, Virgin, TG4, Today FM, The Journal, The Times, The Indo, the Examiner, The Star, Newstalk, Sunday Business Post, The Sun and The Herald. Tens of thousands of people all in. I know a good few and have worked in a couple of those places.

Every one of those people are "controlled" by the Irish government are they? And not one person has spoken out against the grand nefarious plan? Not one person with guilty conscience, one disgruntled employee (of which there are thousands in that industry) not one person who was fired in the last 18 months and was angry, not one person whos family has been effected by the last 18 months, not one leak of one of these evil meetings. Not one?

But you believe this?

I can give the lazy weasel conspiracy answer to this: "Not all, but most".

It's important to be vague so you can't be pinned down to anything. Jesus I could create an alt account here and endlessly tie rational people up in knots with obtuse nonsense without breaking a single rule.

It's a comparison, with a comment and context. You are using the same techniques that guy uses.

You have repeatedly hinted there is some conspiracy afoot regarding Covid, yet when asked you dodge, ignore, evade and go off on conspiracy tangents. It's very simple, is there a conspiracy? if so, what is it?

5 years ago if I'd said “in the future, half of society will receive a shot that
    only reduces symptoms, using technology that has zero long term safety data in humans, made by companies with extensive criminal records, all for something with a 99.8% survival rate, and that the people who don't want it would be discriminated against,shamed, and ostracized” you'd call me
    a crazy conspiracy theorist.

The Nal wrote: »

But you believe this?

I KNOW, its so amazing its unbelievable.

As an infamous Nazi once said....
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

5 years ago if I'd said “in the future, half of society will receive a shot that
    only reduces symptoms, using technology that has zero long term safety data in humans, made by companies with extensive criminal records, all for something with a 99.8% survival rate, and that the people who don't want it would be discriminated against,shamed, and ostracized” you'd call me
    a crazy conspiracy theorist.

It's very simple, what is the conspiracy? if there isn't one just say so

It's very simple, what is the conspiracy? if there isn't one just say so

There isn't one, there is many IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

State...what is there, 190+ countries? All bar 2 of them (North Korea, and Tanzania) are in on the plot. Even NK are identifying the pandemic as an issue. So 10's of millions of people are in on the conspiracy(ies)?

So how are you being repressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Then why can't you even explain one?

I'd have thought I was reasonably well informed, but I can't see any conspiracy, or big lie!
    Yes, there are plenty of examples of corruption, and dishonesty, etc.,
    but nothing on the level you're suggesting!

So how do you happen to know the truth, when the vast majority of people, and the media, etc., don't?

If you say it's because of the web sites you go to, facebook pages you read, etc., then why do those pages
    and web sites have so many holes in what they say, and can never present evidence,
    just innuendo and theories for stuff that has an alternative mundane explanation?

• Advertisement

Great, there are multiple conspiracies happening with Covid, let's start with the main one, the strongest one, what is it? what are the details?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement