Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Gortanna wrote: »
    I continue to maintain that there is no evidence to suggest that mask wearing will be scrapped in Ireland as well as social distancing (at least fully).

Based on your personal conspiracy that masks are "popular" (another says it's Communism, for another there is no pandemic, people need to get their stories straight)

A view you will likely ditch as soon as masks become optional. Or just create yet another new account here which seems to be the popular way to avoid being called out on another failed prediction/conspiracy.

Grofus wrote: »

Where are the flu deaths now?
    Explain that!

In a surprise to no one, masks and social distancing are effective on other infectious illnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Grofus

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    In a surprise to no one, masks and social distancing are effective on other infectious illnesses.

Possibly, but where's the proof or are you assuming to know

No they haven't, you clearly didn't bother to read the data

They have cleared them for use. Normal FDA approval takes a very long time (on purpose), so the FDA have used emergency authorization to clear those 3 vaccines.

Possibly, but where's the proof or are you assuming to know

Epidemiologists and science. Measures to reduce one viral respiratory disease are having an effect on the others.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03519-3
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/newsroom/news-releases/covid-19-story-tip-flu-cases-dramatically-low-so-far-this-season

• Advertisement

They have cleared them for use. Normal FDA approval takes a very long time (on purpose), so the FDA have used emergency authorization to clear those 3 vaccines.

FFS IT IS NOT THE SAME.
    For a start, the pharma company is totally indemnified against any and all injury their cocktail inflicts on people under emergency licence.
    Yet, safe effective treatments are being dismissed in favour of unnecessary vaccines
    That in itself in beyond any reasonable question.
    So, is there another reason government is pushing the vaccine?
    I think yes, you clearly do not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No they haven't, you clearly didn't bother to read the data

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are:

Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

Janssen (sometimes called Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine"

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/learn-more-about-covid-19-vaccines-fda

Checkmate!

FFS IT IS NOT THE SAME.
    For a start, the pharma company is totally indemnified against any and all injury their cocktail inflicts on people under emergency licence.
    Yet, safe effective treatments are being dismissed in favour of unnecessary vaccines
    That in itself in beyond any reasonable question.
    So, is there another reason government is pushing the vaccine?
    I think yes, you clearly do not

The FDA cleared Pfizer in December last year, in May this year they also cleared it for adolescents.
    https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-emergency-use

The Nal wrote: »
    "The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized three COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use. The vaccines are:

Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

Janssen (sometimes called Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine"

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/learn-more-about-covid-19-vaccines-fda

Checkmate!

"But it wasn't by the usual red tape laden method that takes years to pass, so it doesn't count!!!" in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2..

Based on your personal conspiracy that masks are "popular" (another says it's Communism, for another there is no pandemic, people need to get their stories straight)

A view you will likely ditch as soon as masks become optional. Or just create yet another new account here which seems to be the popular way to avoid being called out on another failed prediction/conspiracy.

A quick read of the mask thread will confirm that they are popular.

No evidence that they will become optional. No statement to that effect.

• Advertisement

Are you for real
    I explain the fundamental difference between emergency licence and approval and you claim checkmate.
    Go ahead and get your jab you deserve it

Are you for real
    I explain the fundamental difference between emergency licence and approval and you claim checkmate.
    Go ahead and get your jab you deserve it

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No evidence that they will become optional. No statement to that effect.

Housing secretary says compulsory mask wearing will end on July 19

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/yT1EPh

In Ireland.

In Ireland.

Why would Ireland keep restrictions while the rest of the world goes back to normal? Do you think the people of Ireland are that meek that they would accept this?

You seem to have this bizarre notion that masks are "popular" to wear, like some sort of fashion. People are wearing them as a precaution against a threat, like seatbelts, or bicycle helmets.

Here's a photo from Wimbledon recently, note the lack of masks. They aren't "popular" in the way you think they are.

nr0dqpuo_roger-federer_625x300_02_July_21.jpg

Wow. That must be really embarrassing for a lot of posters in this thread. They must be really angry about how theyve wasted 18 months of theirs lives as all of their beliefs they've been banging on about are crumbling away.

At what point do people stop and think and go - "Ah sh1t".

The Nal wrote: »
    Wow. That must be really embarrassing for a lot of posters in this thread. They must be really angry about how theyve wasted 18 months of theirs lives as all of their beliefs they've been banging on about are crumbling away.

At what point do people stop and think and go - "Ah sh1t".

Housing secretary in the UK.

Well! Or can I assume from the silence the penny has finally dropped
    Checkmate as someone once said

Housing secretary in the UK.

Again....do you think Ireland will keep restrictions while the rest of the world goes back to normal?

• Advertisement

You seem to have this bizarre notion that masks are "popular" to wear, like some sort of fashion. People are wearing them as a precaution against a threat, like seatbelts, or bicycle helmets.

Here's a photo from Wimbledon recently, note the lack of masks. They aren't "popular" in the way you think they are.

nr0dqpuo_roger-federer_625x300_02_July_21.jpg

Just read through the mask thread. Ideas are exchanged on different types of mask, I read posts about DIY masks etc. Okay, it's not representative of the population at large, but they have become normalised. Nothing unusual about that. It's to be expected when they've been required almost everywhere for close to a year.

And Wimbledon is in the UK. People keep referring to the UK (really it's England as opposed to the UK) but brianhere is specifically referring to Ireland.

Again....do you think Ireland will keep restrictions while the rest of the world goes back to normal?

Sorry, was just about to reply to your post.

I see no evidence to suggest that they will go in shops, on public transport, in banks etc. No statement to that effect.

And I would be cautious on the scrapping of masks and other restrictions in England on the 19th. We've been here before. But I obviously hope they are scrapped. At least then Irish people will be able to go to England to live life without restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Ever heard of seasonality?
    You conveniently ignore the spike in flu deaths in recent previous years

Where are the flu deaths now?
    Explain that!
    Remember this when the winter returns and 'vaccinated' people are still dying.
    We'll know for sure how effective these biohemicals are

I asked you if we hadn't locked down do you think deaths would have come back
    down to normal after April 2020. Your answer above doesn't address that?

April is normally the 4th highest month for deaths in Ireland (Jan, Mar, Feb, followed by April).
    In 2020 April was the highest month for deaths. How does that fit into your theory on seasonality?

As regards spikes in flu deaths in prev years, that was one of the first things I looked at a year ago.
    I suspect you may not have checked, so let's look at the US experience (from the CDC).
    See below for the weekly deaths in the US for the past 4 years, from all causes.

We can clearly see the seasonal effects on deaths (ie. more deaths in winter).
    The orange line is the threshold for excess deaths (more than expected).
    In winter 2018 deaths briefly surpassed this threshold, in Dec/Jan

However, starting in April 2020 (not Dec), deaths went above this threshold for a whole year!
    There was even a spike, on top of the spike, in mid summer!!
    All those deaths above the orange line since April 2020 amount to 500,000 people.

I challenge you to explain that,
    and I ask you again, do you think that the death rate in Ireland would have come
    back to normal after April 2020 if we hadn't locked down?

557559.png

Just read through the mask thread. Ideas are exchanged on different types of mask, I read posts about DIY masks etc. Okay, it's not representative of the population at large, but they have become normalised. Nothing unusual about that. It's to be expected when they've been required almost everywhere for close to a year.

You have invented a narrative in this thread that the government will make us wear masks forever because they are "popular". Just to fit the title of the thread. Whereas the original poster is stating we will have these measures forever because Covid is really just a ruse to usher in global Communism. The Covid invent-your-own-adventure thread :)

When the vast majority of Irish people aren't wearing masks anymore, what will you do then, admit you were wrong or?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

In Ireland.

So do you think that it's just in Ireland that masks will be permanent now,
    and the UK have escaped the clutches of the WEF, etc?

And were all those UK people you quoted before wrong after all?

Sorry, was just about to reply to your post.

I see no evidence to suggest that they will go in shops, on public transport, in banks etc. No statement to that effect.

And I would be cautious on the scrapping of masks and other restrictions in England on the 19th. We've been here before. But I obviously hope they are scrapped. At least then Irish people will be able to go to England to live life without restrictions.

Maybe read the article I linked?
    There will be a "much more permissive regime" of coronavirus measures in England once restrictions are eased - with the wearing of face masks a "personal choice", a minister has told Sky News.

According to reports in the Sunday newspapers, face masks and social distancing will no longer be required once step four comes into effect.

"We are going to now move into a period where there won't be legal restrictions - the state won't be telling you what to do - but you will want to exercise a degree of personal responsibility and judgement.

"So different people will come to different conclusions on things like masks, for example."

PintOfView wrote: »
    And were all those UK people you quoted before wrong after all?

Would that be "Dr Rando" and "Dr of Fashion Industries" and such like we've seen in this thread? But sure as long as they're on Facebook and have "Dr" before their name they're trustworthy.

OK, so we are ignoring the obvious difference between approved and emergency licence.
    You've been sold a lie and the consequences 'could' be life changing for You and others. I sincerely hope it proves not to be the case

You have invented a narrative in this thread that the government will make us wear masks forever because they are "popular". Just to fit the title of the thread. Whereas the original poster is stating we will have these measures forever because Covid is really just a ruse to usher in global Communism. The Covid invent-your-own-adventure thread :)

When the vast majority of Irish people aren't wearing masks anymore, what will you do then, admit you were wrong or?

I haven't invented anything. I believe masks to be popular.

I think the problem is that this thread, or the argument being put forward, i.e. that certain (I wouldn't necessarily say all) measures will continue, could be discussed and debated in this forum and in the Covid forum. I see where brianhere is coming from, but I increasingly find myself moving towards the safety at all costs society I believe has emerged. I can't see the high level of caution ever subsiding. There's hardly anyone in hospital because of covid relative to the size of the population and still there are huge restrictions on practically every aspect of people's lives. Even if there were no people in hospital and no cases, there would still be the concern over variants. There will always be variants, so I just don't see that caution going away. I guess my fundamental argument is that I don't see an end point. And I think that could be discussed in the covid thread. The problem is that people instantly call 'conspiracy theory' and that's the end of the thread.

• Advertisement

Maybe read the article I linked?

I read the article, and it looks as though they will be optional after the 19th, but I just think it would be prudent to wait until it's actually announced. I have read articles about individual ministers saying masks will be optional, but then further down in the article one reads that no decisions have been made.

We'll know this week I imagine. I for one hope they do become optional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement