Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Grofus

I haven't invented anything. I believe masks to be popular.

I think the problem is that this thread, or the argument being put forward, i.e. that certain (I wouldn't necessarily say all) measures will continue, could be discussed and debated in this forum and in the Covid forum. I see where brianhere is coming from, but I increasingly find myself moving towards the safety at all costs society I believe has emerged. I can't see the high level of caution ever subsiding. There's hardly anyone in hospital because of covid relative to the size of the population and still there are huge restrictions on practically every aspect of people's lives. Even if there were no people in hospital and no cases, there would still be the concern over variants. There will always be variants, so I just don't see that caution going away. I guess my fundamental argument is that I don't see an end point. And I think that could be discussed in the covid thread. The problem is that people instantly call 'conspiracy theory' and that's the end of the thread.

I agree with that but time will tell

PintOfView wrote: »
    So do you think that it's just in Ireland that masks will be permanent now,
    and the UK have escaped the clutches of the WEF, etc?

And were all those UK people you quoted before wrong after all?

I don't know whether they will be permanent in Ireland. I just see no evidence to suggest hat they will be scrapped. No statement, no pressure to scrap them.

And there are other countries I would say the same thing about. I wonder will they go in Peru, for example. Double masks are now mandatory there: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/peru-begins-requiring-double-masks

What do you believe will happen after the population has been vaccinated? Are you confident that normal life will resume? Because there will continue to be cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Grofus wrote: »
    OK, so we are ignoring the obvious difference between approved and emergency licence.
    You've been sold a lie and the consequences 'could' be life changing for You and others. I sincerely hope it proves not to be the case

The FDA gave the vaccines the greenlight (like many global regulators). The years long approval method is fine for normal approvals, but not exactly suitable for an urgent pandemic, ergo they used emergency measures, which is why those measures exist in the first place.

Thanks for the sincere advice, it's a bit of a toss-up but I'll take my medical information from experts and global regulators, not new posters on conspiracy forums who think Bill Gates is trying to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't know whether they will be permanent in Ireland. I just see no evidence to suggest hat they will be scrapped. No statement, no pressure to scrap them.

And there are other countries I would say the same thing about. I wonder will they go in Peru, for example. Double masks are now mandatory there: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/peru-begins-requiring-double-masks

What do you believe will happen after the population has been vaccinated? Are you confident that normal life will resume? Because there will continue to be cases.

So you complain when i mention the UK then in the next breath you bring up Peru? :pac:

So you complain when i mention the UK then in the next breath you bring up Peru? :pac:

When the pandemic has largely gone, all we are going to be left with is a bunch of conspiracy theorists going around wearing masks to prove they were "right all along". :pac:

• Advertisement

I didn't complain. I just pointed out that brianhere was referring to Ireland.

And I mentioned Peru because I was asked whether I thought there were other countries I was doubtful about.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The FDA gave the vaccines the greenlight (like many global regulators). The years long approval method is fine for normal approvals, but not exactly suitable for an urgent pandemic, ergo they used emergency measures, which is why those measures exist in the first place.

Thanks for the sincere advice, it's a bit of a toss-up but I'll take my medical information from experts and global regulators, not new posters on conspiracy forums who think Bill Gates is trying to kill people.

My whole point about the vaccines is that they are still in Phase 3 trials. A fact you seem to want to deny. Until they have COMPLETED phase 3 trials they're considered
    Experimental.
    As for Bill Gates, his polio vaccine has already paralysed kids under 5 in Africa. A fact even the WHO acknowledge to be around 50,000 cases.
    But fear not, Bill has your back!

I agree with that but time will tell

Yes. I think a foot in both camps, but that I am increasingly moving towards caution and concern over variants and case numbers. I just don't see an end point if the concern is variants because there will always be variants.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

My whole point t about the vaccines is that they are still in Phase 3 trials. A fact you seem to want to deny. Until they have COMPLETED phase 3 trials they considered
    Experimental.
    As for Bill Gates, his polio vaccine has already paralysed kids under 5 in India. A fact even the WHO acknowledge to be around 500,000 cases.

The Phase 3 trials are long over, the vaccines were deemed safe and effective and have been approved everywhere by multiple agencies, in Europe they were approved under conditional marketing approval where the vaccine manufacturer accepts liability.

What is continuing and will continue for a long time and continues for all medicines, is research into how effective they are, how long the immunity lasts, how they handle variants, this is why we update the yearly flu vaccine, it's why as time goes on, better medicine and dosing formulation is understood for all medicines and guidelines updated.

This is part of science and part of the feedback loop that is intrinsically part of the process.

I would ask for sources on the polio vaccine that has paralysed 50,000 children under 5. If this is something part sponsored by the Gates foundation, you will be laughed out of the thread.

edit: you updated 500,000 to 50,000

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

My whole point t about the vaccines is that they are still in Phase 3 trials. A fact you seem to want to deny. Until they have COMPLETED phase 3 trials they considered
    Experimental.
    As for Bill Gates, his polio vaccine has already paralysed kids under 5 in Africa. A fact even the WHO acknowledge to be around 50,000 cases.

Have you actually read up about the outbreak of vaccine derived polio in localised parts of Africa?
    Do you think you are giving a fair account of what happened?
    or do you even understand what happened?

Do you know that 'wild' polio has been eradicated from Africa, thanks to the vaccine?

And why on earch would Gates want to give children polio?

It sounds like you're content to help propagate falsehoods, and fake news, without understanding it for yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The reason they keep giving us short time frames of lockdowns
    is because if they told you they're planning to lock you down for
    a year and a half at least, you'd riot. You wouldn't comply. You'd plan.
    You'd organize. You'd fight it. You'd overthrow them.
    Don't be a boiling frog.

buzzerxx wrote: »
    The reason they keep giving us short time frames of lockdowns
    is because if they told you they're planning to lock you down for
    a year and a half at least, you'd riot. You wouldn't comply. You'd plan.
    You'd organize. You'd fight it. You'd overthrow them.
    Don't be a boiling frog.

So you don't believe there is a real virus at all, that's calling the shots, do you?

astrofool wrote: »
    The Phase 3 trials are long over, the vaccines were deemed safe and effective and have been approved everywhere by multiple agencies, in Europe they were approved under conditional marketing approval where the vaccine manufacturer accepts liability.

What is continuing and will continue for a long time and continues for all medicines, is research into how effective they are, how long the immunity lasts, how they handle variants, this is why we update the yearly flu vaccine, it's why as time goes on, better medicine and dosing formulation is understood for all medicines and guidelines updated.

This is part of science and part of the feedback loop that is intrinsically part of the process.

I would ask for sources on the polio vaccine that has paralysed 50,000 children under 5. If this is something part sponsored by the Gates foundation, you will be laughed out of the thread.

edit: you updated 500,000 to 50,000

Where have you read Phase 3 trials have ended, what is your source? I can assure you they haven't and will not end mid 2023.
    The guardian was my source for the African polio endemic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

As for Bill Gates...

Exactly which of the various covid vaccines is it that Bill Gates is using in order to bring about the depopulation of the planet?

If he's only using one of them then it's a pretty rubbish plan. If he's somehow managed to get all of them as created in multiple countries to be working as depopulation vaccines then that is impressive, but how did he simultaneously managed to get Oxford University, BionTech in Germany, Moderna, Jansen, the Russian vaccine and the Chinese vaccine developers all in on the plan at the same time and without anyone leaking out the details of the plan?

From Reuters

“COVID-19 vaccine trials are ongoing. What does that mean for those taking the vaccine?”, one post shared on Facebook asks.

The post correctly notes that the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine has been given an “estimated study completion date” of Jan. 31, 2023 (here). For the COVID-19 vaccine created by Moderna, studies are expected to end on Oct. 27, 2022

The Moderna trial end seems to have been brought forward, but my point t is still valid

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Yes UK are returning to normal very soon. Anything that gives a sense of freedom to be outlawed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/travel/amp/2021/07/01/campervanners-could-soon-be-criminalised-for-wild-camping-in-the-uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Yes UK are returning to normal very soon. Anything that gives a sense of freedom to be outlawed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/travel/amp/2021/07/01/campervanners-could-soon-be-criminalised-for-wild-camping-in-the-uk

To be fair, I think the law will only be used to prevent people from breaking existing laws which presumably are deemed inadequate eg fishing or lighting a fire without a licence.

Where have you read Phase 3 trials have ended, what is your source? I can assure you they haven't and will not end mid 2023.

Post the guardian source stating that the Polio vaccine caused 50,000 children to be paralysed.

I don't believe this needs to be done, but here is the official announcement from Pfizer that phase 3 studies have been concluded:
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

Please show a source that phase 3 of Pfizer is still ongoing (we can tackle the vaccines one by one as you show your sources).
    From Reuters

“COVID-19 vaccine trials are ongoing. What does that mean for those taking the vaccine?”, one post shared on Facebook asks.

Post the source and let us dissect it, it undoubtedly does not mean what you think it does.

The question is whether you don't understand or whether you're trying to be purposefully deceitful.

So is it your position that all laws infringe on our freedom, and are thus bad?

astrofool wrote: »
    Post the guardian source stating that the Polio vaccine caused 50,000 children to be paralysed.

Here is the Guardian article [https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/sep/02/vaccine-derived-polio-spreads-in-africa-after-defeat-of-wild-virus]

The other poster either hasn't read it properly, or hasn't understood it!

• Advertisement

Here is the Guardian article [https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/sep/02/vaccine-derived-polio-spreads-in-africa-after-defeat-of-wild-virus]

The other poster either hasn't read it properly, or hasn't understood it!

Well, they either don't understand what they're reading or have another source from the Guardian which they haven't posted yet.

I'm betting on the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

It's the clinical trials to find out how long the vaccine last and long term side effects that is ongoing.
    But the vaccine that have passed approval are safe.

In relation to Pfizer

My whole point about the vaccines is that they are still in Phase 3 trials.

Most vaccines have concluded phase 3 trials (technically some phase 3 are continuing for years, but preliminary results have been accepted)

e.g.
    https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Pfizer-and-BioNTech-Conclude-Phase-3-Study-of-COVID-19-Vaccine-Candidate-Meeting-All-Primary-Efficacy-Endpoints/default.aspx

Distorted conspiracy nonsense

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/conspiracy-theory-bill-gates-backed-polio-vaccine-disabled-kids-1707666-2020-08-04

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-gates-list-idUSL1N2LO230

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

rtron wrote: »
    It's the clinical trials to find out how long the vaccine last and long term side effects that is ongoing.
    But the vaccine that have passed approval are safe.

In relation to Pfizer

Just because you were told they're "safe" by the authorities that want the sheep to believe they're safe doesn't mean that they are. Long term side effects will eventually show up from these junk vaccines. I can't believe millions of people are pumping junk into their arms from pharmaceuticals who only care about massive profit. I suggest people check out the history of these companies and their criminal pasts. I for one certainly wouldn't be trusting anything they produced in a hurry especially as they knew it was a gold mine and would make them billions in profit. Of course the "medical authorities" were going to approve these "miracle vaccines" so people could be herded up into believing everything will be all well and good if you take them and then promise them that life will return to normal again. It worked, just as planned and the sheep all herded up in their millions to take this unknown junk into their arm. The control has started and will continue. It didn't take much in the end, all it took was a promise that you'll be "safe' after you take this "miracle" trial gene altering vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

shocksy wrote: »
    Just because you were told they're "safe" by the authorities that want the sheep to believe they're safe doesn't mean that they are. Long term side effects will eventually show up from these junk vaccines. I can't believe millions of people are pumping junk into their arms from pharmaceuticals who only care about massive profit. I suggest people check out the history of these companies and their criminal pasts. I for one certainly wouldn't be trusting anything they produced in a hurry especially as they knew it was a gold mine and would make them billions in profit. Of course the "medical authorities" were going to approve these "miracle vaccines" so people could be herded up into believing everything will be all well and good if you take them and then promise them that life will return to normal again. It worked, just as planned and the sheep all herded up in their millions to take this unknown junk into their arm. The control has started and will continue. It didn't take much in the end, all it took was a promise that you'll be "safe' after you take this "miracle" trial gene altering vaccine.

Nice rant, pity you're not the first to have posted all of those buzz words before. care to address the title of the thread? What measures are going to be permanent?

Just because you were told they're "safe" by the authorities that want the sheep to believe they're safe doesn't mean that they are. Long term side effects will eventually show up from these junk vaccines. I can't believe millions of people are pumping junk into their arms from pharmaceuticals who only care about massive profit. I suggest people check out the history of these companies and their criminal pasts. I for one certainly wouldn't be trusting anything they produced in a hurry especially as they knew it was a gold mine and would make them billions in profit. Of course the "medical authorities" were going to approve these "miracle vaccines" so people could be herded up into believing everything will be all well and good if you take them and then promise them that life will return to normal again. It worked, the sheeped herded up in their millions to take this unknown junk into their arm. The control has started and will continue.

When you say "long term side effects will show up from these junk vaccines"
    how do you actually know this?

Have long term side effects shown up from the vaccines you had as a baby?

Do you think it's better to have the full blown covid virus instead (with a much higher risk of clots, for example)?
    URL="https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/irish-scientists-make-discovery-on-dangerous-covid-clotting-1.4593374"]https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/irish-scientists-make-discovery-on-dangerous-covid-clotting-1.4593374[/URL

Nice rant, pity you're not the first to have posted all of those buzz words before. care to address the title of the thread? What measures are going to be permanent?

And just like that, the same question reply haha it's like a competition who can copy and paste that question the most.

No one knows for certainty, but there will definitely be permanent measures. Booster vaccines will be one of them, if you don't get your booster vaccine like good boys and girls you won't be allowed to travel. More data control and medical sharing into the hands of authorities that shouldn't have it. Masks will remain. Lockdowns will be a regular thing. Pubs and nightclubs will forever be forced to open and close (which is a good thing anyway) only good thing to come from this pandemic. There's already talks of only vaccinated people can do this and that. They're also using the pandemic to divide the people. The answer to your question is having permanently more control over the sheep and they have already obliged. Eventually the vaccines will do their job of either depopulatung countries or some other hidden agenda which is yet to be revealed.

When you say "long term side effects will show up from these junk vaccines"
    how do you actually know this?

Have long term side effects shown up from the vaccines you had as a baby?

Do you think it's better to have the full blown covid virus instead (with a much higher risk of clots, for example)?
    URL="https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/irish-scientists-make-discovery-on-dangerous-covid-clotting-1.4593374"]https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/irish-scientists-make-discovery-on-dangerous-covid-clotting-1.4593374[/URL

You can't compare those vaccines to one that hasn't been tried and tested. 9 months is a pathetic trial time. The pandemic would eventually burn itself out without these vaccines just like the Spanish flu did.

That's debatable if covid causes clots, these "studies" only came to light when AZ was causing clots so they came out with the BS that covid also causes clots and much worse than the vaccine does. Such Hor$e$hit haha. People are easily fooled. My god gullible is an understatement.

Just because you were told they're "safe" by the authorities that want the sheep to believe they're safe doesn't mean that they are. Long term side effects will eventually show up from these junk vaccines. I can't believe millions of people are pumping junk into their arms from pharmaceuticals who only care about massive profit. I suggest people check out the history of these companies and their criminal pasts. I for one certainly wouldn't be trusting anything they produced in a hurry especially as they knew it was a gold mine and would make them billions in profit. Of course the "medical authorities" were going to approve these "miracle vaccines" so people could be herded up into believing everything will be all well and good if you take them and then promise them that life will return to normal again. It worked, the sheeped herded up in their millions to take this unknown junk into their arm. The control has started and will continue.
    • Appeal to motive
    • Sheeple
    • Anti-vax
    • Big Pharma
    • "The control has started"

I can't find the card right now, but I'm fairly sure that's bingo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

And just like that, the same question reply haha it's like a competition who can copy and paste that question the most.

No one knows for certainty, but there will definitely be permanent measures. Booster vaccines will be one of them, if you don't get your booster vaccine like good boys and girls you won't be allowed to travel. More data control and medical sharing into the hands of authorities that shouldn't have it. Masks will remain. Lockdowns will be a regular thing. Pubs and nightclubs will forever be forced to open and close (which is a good thing anyway) only good thing to come from this pandemic. There's already talks of only vaccinated people can do this and that. They're also using the pandemic to divide the people. The answer to your question is having permanently more control over the sheep and they have already obliged. Eventually the vaccines will do their job of either depopulatung countries or some other hidden agenda which is yet to be revealed.

So you have absolutely no idea what the conspiracy is, who is directing things, what they gain from faking the pandemic and developing multiple vaccines by multiple different researchers around the globe....

.... But you are certain that they are trying to kill people for a hidden agenda that you don't know anything about but is definitely real because of reasons that you can't tell us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement