Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    • Appeal to motive
    • Sheeple
    • Anti-vax
    • Big Pharma
    • "The control has started"

I can't find the card right now, but I'm fairly sure that's bingo

And I'm pretty sure you're one of the sheep that herded up to take your junk because you "were told too" haha good luck with that stuff in your body. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

robinph wrote: »
    So you have absolutely no idea what the conspiracy is, who is directing things, what they gain from faking the pandemic and developing multiple vaccines by multiple different researchers around the globe....

.... But you are certain that they are trying to kill people for a hidden agenda that you don't know anything about but is definitely real because of reasons that you can't tell us.

Are you worried? Haha sounds like it. Ah well, you shouldn't have taken the junk. That's your problem now. Not mine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

shocksy wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure you're one of the sheep that herded up to take your junk because you "were told too" haha good luck with that stuff in your body. Haha

What stuff? The vaccines which is going to kill us because Bill Gates wants it to happen?

Which vaccine is the one that Bill Gates has control over? How is it going to kill people? What about the other vaccines, has Bill Gates infiltrated their vaccines as well?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are you worried? Haha sounds like it. Ah well, you shouldn't have taken the junk. That's your problem now. Not mine.

Where is your evidence regarding the vaccines killing people? Is it all the vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone else read this guys posts in the voice of Mandark from Dexters laboratory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

And just like that, the same question reply haha it's like a competition who can copy and paste that question the most.

No one knows for certainty, but there will definitely be permanent measures. Booster vaccines will be one of them, if you don't get your booster vaccine like good boys and girls you won't be allowed to travel. More data control and medical sharing into the hands of authorities that shouldn't have it. Masks will remain. Lockdowns will be a regular thing. Pubs and nightclubs will forever be forced to open and close (which is a good thing anyway) only good thing to come from this pandemic. There's already talks of only vaccinated people can do this and that. They're also using the pandemic to divide the people. The answer to your question is having permanently more control over the sheep and they have already obliged. Eventually the vaccines will do their job of either depopulatung countries or some other hidden agenda which is yet to be revealed.

Why is pubs nightclubs open and closing a good thing? Cos you don’t go to them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

A question, the countless people involved in creating these vaccines, why would they knowingly be giving "junk" to their parents, kids, families, relatives, friends, colleagues?

Are they "paid off", or you know their job better than they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

You can't compare those vaccines to one that hasn't been tried and tested. 9 months is a pathetic trial time. The pandemic would eventually burn itself out without these vaccines just like the Spanish flu did.

That's debatable if covid causes clots, these "studies" only came to light when AZ was causing clots so they came out with the BS that covid also causes clots and much worse than the vaccine does. Such Hor$e$hit haha. People are easily fooled. My god gullible is an understatement.

You say that the blood clot studies only came to light when AZ was found to cause (a small amount) of blood clots.

So how do you account for this article from April 2020, before any vaccine was even developed?
    [https://www.rcsi.com/dublin/news-and-events/news/news-article/2020/04/blood-clotting-a-significant-cause-of-death-in-patients-with-covid19]
    "findings demonstrate that COVID-19 is associated with a unique type of blood clotting disorder that is primarily focussed within the lungs and which undoubtedly contributes to the high levels of mortality being seen in patients with COVID-19"

I completely agree that some people are easily fooled.
    Unfortunately, even though you may not realise it, I think you yourself may fall into that category.
    And isn't it a bit ironic you, of all people, saying "gullible is an understatement" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So today at five P.M Boris Johnson is due to announce that lockdown restrictions will come to an end in England.

No more face masks (certain circumstances eg Hospitals, nursing homes it may still apply), no more social distancing, no restrictions on how many people can meet up.

I wonder what happens with all the posters who have spent the last eighteen months claiming restrictions will be permanent, do thier heads collectively explode at five or is it a slower process where they explode one by one?

So today at five P.M Boris Johnson is due to announce that lockdown restrictions will come to an end in England.

No more face masks (certain circumstances eg Hospitals, nursing homes it may still apply), no more social distancing, no restrictions on how many people can meet up.

I wonder what happens with all the posters who have spent the last eighteen months claiming restrictions will be permanent, do thier heads collectively explode at five or is it a slower process where they explode one by one?

He may announce that, but, if he does, he will also say that the final decision will be made on the 12th of July: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-to-reveal-final-step-of-roadmap-plan-to-restore-peoples-freedoms-at-monday-news-conference-12348907

"The government has said it will not know if its four tests (an effective vaccine programme, evidence the vaccines work, manageable infection rates and the low risk of variants) have been met until 12 July, a week before the proposed date to ease final restrictions."

Also, will he announce that the Coronavirus Act will be repealed? As long as that Act is in place the government can "restrict or prohibit public gatherings, control or suspend public transport, order businesses such as shops and restaurants to close, temporarily detain people suspected of COVID-19 infection, suspend the operation of ports and airports, temporarily close educational institutions and childcare premises, enrol medical students and retired healthcare workers in the health services, relax regulations to ease the burden on healthcare services, and assume control of death management in particular local areas" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_Act_2020)

And this thread is about restrictions in Ireland, not England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Nope, this thread is about all covid measures being permanent forever... Title says nothing about just Ireland. So can you tell us what will be permanent forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gortanna wrote: »

50 allowed at weddings. Up from 25. 200 for outdoor events and 500 people at venues with a capacity of 5000. All as of today.

A weird thing for the cultural marxist elites to do with their grand evil plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Nope, this thread is about all covid measures being permanent forever... Title says nothing about just Ireland. So can you tell us what will be permanent forever?

They will come along shortly and say that the thread is actually about North Korea instead, then when it turns out the Coronavirus restrictions there are not permanent either they will change their mind and claim they were on about some other restrictions for something else that they haven't yet thought of.

It's on a discussion forum in Ireland. It's clear the poster is talking about Ireland.

I don't see masks going and have seen no evidence to suggest they will. I don't think the vaccine passport that is set to be introduced will be temporary, and I don't see social distancing being scrapped in its entirety.

But as long as there are other countries where there are no restrictions then it doesn't really matter because people will be able to emigrate if they want to.

It's on a discussion forum in Ireland. It's clear the poster is talking about Ireland.

I don't see masks going and have seen no evidence to suggest they will. I don't think the vaccine passport that is set to be introduced will be temporary, and I don't see social distancing being scrapped in its entirety.

But as long as there are other countries where there are no restrictions then it doesn't really matter because people will be able to emigrate if they want to.

But the original post implied this is all to role out communist government... Is that just in Ireland?
    So what you implying is this.
    A world wide pandemic was faked or launched to just turn the Irish government into a communist dictatorship.
    So why?
    Also can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

Why has it taken until this point for you to specify that it's about Ireland only.

The thread has been going for months* and topics regarding restrictions in countries all around the world which have come and then gone as the local situations changed have been discussed... But only now you decided that it's just Ireland that you want to talk about.

Why is Ireland going to keep restrictions in place when the rest of the world has reopened? What is there for Ireland to gain by remaining locked down when the rest of Europe and the UK are in the process of opening up? Why would Ireland want to do that to itself? Is this anything to do with Bill Gates, and if so then why is he only targeting Ireland with the magnetic/ 5G / glow in the dark/ population control vaccines?

Edit: We're nearly up to a year of this thread and still no idea what measures are permanent or why.

Has a vaccine ever been capable of doing so many things?

There are times when drugs are developed for one thing, then they subsequently discover that it actually works really well for treating another thing instead. But with the covid vaccines which all work very well at dealing with covid, for all vaccines to then also work as tracking devices, 5G signal repeaters, be magnetic, glow in the dark and also work as a population control system where presumably someone in a volcano lair will select who and when someone dies at the touch of a button at some point in the future.

Never seen it mentioned that the magnetism or 5G is specific to a particular one of the vaccines either, so to have got all vaccines with that same tech in is really impressive.

robinph wrote: »
    Why has it taken until this point for you to specify that it's about Ireland only.

The thread has been going for months* and topics regarding restrictions in countries all around the world which have come and then gone as the local situations changed have been discussed... But only now you decided that it's just Ireland that you want to talk about.

Why is Ireland going to keep restrictions in place when the rest of the world has reopened? What is there for Ireland to gain by remaining locked down when the rest of Europe and the UK are in the process of opening up? Why would Ireland want to do that to itself? Is this anything to do with Bill Gates, and if so then why is he only targeting Ireland with the magnetic/ 5G / glow in the dark/ population control vaccines?

Edit: We're nearly up to a year of this thread and still no idea what measures are permanent or why.

I have pointed out on a number of occasions that this thread is about Ireland. Also, the post is on a discussion forum in Ireland and brianhere gives examples specific to Ireland in his original post.

You can keep saying the 'over a year into this' or the other one about '6000 posts and no explanation as to why ...' thing, but that doesn't make it true. I have said that I believe the reason masks won't be scrapped is because there is no appetite among the population at large for them to go, there has been no definitive statement made about them being scrapped and if there is concern about variants then I don't see how they will ever go because there will always be variants.

I increasingly believe that this is the wrong forum for this thread. Or that it could also be discussed in the main thread. There is a discussion to be had on what measures will persist.

Ireland is unique in Europe in having no opposition, be it in politics or in the media. That's why Ireland it the outlier in Europe.

I never mentioned Bill Gates or 5G.

But the original post implied this is all to role out communist government... Is that just in Ireland?
    So what you implying is this.
    A world wide pandemic was faked or launched to just turn the Irish government into a communist dictatorship.
    So why?
    Also can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

I don't believe that. I don't think masks will be scraped because there's no appetite among the public at large for them to go and it's not realistic to believe they'll go. I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I don't see masks going and have seen no evidence to suggest they will.

But again as you've admitted you can't provide a rational reason for why masks will be permanent.

Why do you keep insisting on this when you've admitted that there's no benefit for keep masks permanently?

Gortanna wrote: »
    I have said that I believe the reason masks won't be scrapped is because there is no appetite among the population at large for them to go, there has been no definitive statement made about them being scrapped and if there is concern about variants then I don't see how they will ever go because there will always be variants.

You believe we will have to wear masks forever because "people like them", whereas Brianhere believes the opposite, that the state is forcing them on us permanently as part of some rollout of mass Communism in Ireland

Which is it?

I have pointed out on a number of occasions that this thread is about Ireland. Also, the post is on a discussion forum in Ireland and brianhere gives examples specific to Ireland in his original post.

You can keep saying the 'over a year into this' or the other one about '6000 posts and no explanation as to why ...' thing, but that doesn't make it true. I have said that I believe the reason masks won't be scrapped is because there is no appetite among the population at large for them to go, there has been no definitive statement made about them being scrapped and if there is concern about variants then I don't see how they will ever go because there will always be variants.

I increasingly believe that this is the wrong forum for this thread. Or that it could also be discussed in the main thread. There is a discussion to be had on what measures will persist.

Ireland is unique in Europe in having no opposition, be it in politics or in the media. That's why Ireland it the outlier in Europe.

I never mentioned Bill Gates or 5G.

Except the thread was always enjoy a global conspiracy. Governments handling a pandemic is less a conspiracy and more just generally varying assessment of the risk. Like restrictions are going but it's not gonna be overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This isn't accurate.
    You only started on this idea that "the public want it" after thousands of posts asking to explain why you believe masks will be permanent. And this is after you changed your vague non answer several times.
    And of course this explanation was based on a lie you told and was called out.
    And additional you are now also avoiding the question of why the public randomly wants masks to be permanent.

Again you ignore the question is an admission that you can't answer it.
    It would be more honest if you just said that directly rather than pretending difficult questions didn't exist.

So since you've admitted that the public doesn't want masks to be permanent and you've admitted there's no reason for anyone to force masks to be permanent and there's no conspiracy behind them. You now agree that no measures will be permanent. Right?

Or are you just going to ignore again?

So laws requiring people to wear masks will remain because the population want to be told that they must wear masks even when there isn't any reason for them to wear masks, and once the rest of the world stops wearing masks... the Irish population will still be demanding a law placed on them to make them wear masks.

Why would the population want to do that to themselves when restrictions are dropped elsewhere? Why would the Irish government alone, and no other government world wide, have such a restriction on their population? What is so different about the Irish that they would do that to themselves?

There is a discussion to be had on what measures will persist.

On that I'd agree, but if people happen to not go into work if they are ill, or wear a mask on public transport so as not to spread whatever they have to others, or working from home remains an option for people, less city centre offices, change to the city centre economy due to different footfall due to working from home more, more people being active in order to try and look after their health better, higher uptake of annual flu vaccine, people being more aware of situations where they are spreading their germs around and a bunch of other changes to social interactions... That is still not a conspiracy.

The thread title is clearly about ALL restrictions and them being PERMANENT and that this is being done for some nefarious reasons by some unknown body. No part of that claim has yet been explained in any way whatsoever. No idea who is running this plan, or why, and the ALL restrictions bit has been repeatedly proven to be very, very wrong indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Are you claiming that restrictions will only be permanent in Ireland? Does the easing of restrictions in the UK not show proof that they indeed are not permanent and will indeed be eased in Ireland too?

You see the whole thing confuses me overall. This time last year when there was no vaccine available I could drink inside in a bar and have a nine euro meal. Now that a lot of the country have had at least one shot of the vaccine 12 months later, it is more dangerous for me to eat/ drink indoors. I’m probably not the right guy to answer your question.

BillyBiggs wrote: »
    You see the whole thing confuses me overall. This time last year when there was no vaccine available I could drink inside in a bar and have a nine euro meal. Now that a lot of the country have had at least one shot of the vaccine 12 months later, it is more dangerous for me to eat/ drink indoors. I’m probably not the right guy to answer your question.

Because the virus hasn't remained static. When cases were dropping, measures could be relaxed, when another wave was hitting, measures increased. It's not complicated, yet we constantly see people on this specific forum struggling with these basic concepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Because the virus hasn't remained static. When cases were dropping, measures could be relaxed, when another wave was hitting, measures increased. It's not complicated, yet we constantly see people on this specific forum struggling with these basic concepts.

Do you think we could have years of lockdowns then, because of new strains emerging?

• Advertisement

I don't believe that. I don't think masks will be scraped because there's no appetite among the public at large for them to go and it's not realistic to believe they'll go. I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

Right so you don't believe all restrictions will be permanent. You now think just masks will be, and because people like them.
    You've moved the goal posts so, instead of as the thread title suggests ALL covid measures being permanent, it's now ONE measure, which MIGHT stay.
    So what's the conspiracy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement