Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So the conspiracy now is not that there's going to be a global communist government? It's that there's a global conspiracy to force nightclubs in Ireland to shut down?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

King Mob wrote: »
    So the conspiracy now is not that there's going to be a global communist government? It's that there's a global conspiracy to force nightclubs in Ireland to shut down?

And the global conspiracy to ensure that Ireland, and only Ireland, keeps the requirements to wear masks permanently by having tricked the Irish population into wanting the mask requirements to remain (but not anyone living in NI, they were never the target of this brain washing plan by the entire rest of the world).

robinph wrote: »
    And the global conspiracy to ensure that Ireland, and only Ireland, keeps the requirements to wear masks permanently by having tricked the Irish population into wanting the mask requirements to remain (but not anyone living in NI, they were never the target of this brain washing plan by the entire rest of the world).

And all to remind us that there's a pandemic that doesn't actually exist? Or something?

Again Gortanna, why do you believe this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He may announce that, but, if he does, he will also say that the final decision will be made on the 12th of July: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boris-johnson-to-reveal-final-step-of-roadmap-plan-to-restore-peoples-freedoms-at-monday-news-conference-12348907

"The government has said it will not know if its four tests (an effective vaccine programme, evidence the vaccines work, manageable infection rates and the low risk of variants) have been met until 12 July, a week before the proposed date to ease final restrictions."

Also, will he announce that the Coronavirus Act will be repealed? As long as that Act is in place the government can "restrict or prohibit public gatherings, control or suspend public transport, order businesses such as shops and restaurants to close, temporarily detain people suspected of COVID-19 infection, suspend the operation of ports and airports, temporarily close educational institutions and childcare premises, enrol medical students and retired healthcare workers in the health services, relax regulations to ease the burden on healthcare services, and assume control of death management in particular local areas" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_Act_2020)

And this thread is about restrictions in Ireland, not England.

From the poster who bought up restrictions in PERU!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

So that business declares bankruptcy, the building get sold off, someone else buys it and converts it into a....????

Nightclub might be a good idea for a new business as there is a young population craving some late night entertainment venues to visit as they haven't been able to for a year and a half.

Or do you think the young population of Ireland will all be tucked up in bed by 9pm with a mug of horlicks because the idea of other things to do doesn't interest them anymore?

The young Irish population will have another 6 months at least of the nightclubs being shut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Grofus

So, upon reflecting about the posts to and from myself and those that believe the vaccines are safe, proven effective etc ( which is your conclusion, and I respect it),
    I have decided to pose a question to you.
    There are countless Qualified people around the world from Dr's, Professors, Lawyers, Medical professionals and many others that are desperately trying to get out a message. The usual channels have been denied, censored and shut down. They have, as they claim, been threatened with being sacked, disbarred and legal action.
    Alliances have been created. Committees have formed and all with same goal. Their aim is try and educate the public. A public that they swore an oath to, to provide care, medical assistance and advice, legal aid etc to. They have gone out of their way, under threat of action by employers and other authorities to get the message out into the public domain. Some have even lost their jobs, been arrested and almost always discredited by the mainstream media and authorities. Some have created their own media outlet from video channels, blogs, even news articles to established journals in an attempt to be heard.
    The message, although coming from different angles, is essentially the same.
    The public are NOT being fully informed with claims of withholding information, deception, outright lying being presented.
    My question is WHY?
    Why would professional people, who have invested time, money and emotional energy into their careers put it all at risk if they did not wholly believe in the message they are so desperate to share.
    If anyone can answer that then maybe I could conceive the notion that what is being reported by mainstream media and the diatribe coming from government agencies might just be all there is to the alleged pandemic and the resulting vaccination program.
    But let's at least be honset, the history of information coming from such sources is at best sketchy.
    So there is the challenge presented to you. It is fair to say, I won't be holding my breathe but will remain open minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Grofus wrote: »
    So, upon reflecting about the posts to and from myself and those that believe the vaccines are safe, proven effective etc ( which is your conclusion, and I respect it),
    There are countless Qualified people around the world from Dr's, Professors, Lawyers, Medical professionals and many others that are desperately trying to get out a message. The usual channels have been denied, censored and shut down. They have, as they claim, been threatened with being sacked, disbarred and legal action.
    Alliances have been created. Committees have formed and all with same goal. Their aim is try and educate the public. A public that they swore an oath to, to provide care, medical assistance and advice, legal aid etc to. They have gone out of their way, under threat of action by employers and other authorities to get the message out into the public domain. Some have even lost their jobs, been arrested and almost always discredited by the mainstream media and authorities. Some have created their own media outlet from video channels, blogs, even news articles to established journals in an attempt to be heard.
    The public are NOT being fully informed with claims of withholding information, deception, outright lying being presented.
    My question is WHY?
    Why would professional people, who have invested time, money and emotional energy into their careers put it all at risk if they did not wholly believe in the message they are so desperate to share.
    If anyone can answer that then maybe I could conceive the notion that what is being reported by mainstream media and the diatribe coming from government agencies might just be all there is to the alleged pandemic and the resulting vaccination program.
    But let's at least be honset, the history of information coming from such sources is at best sketchy.
    So there is the challenge presented to you. It is fair to say, I won't be holding my breathe but will remain open minded.

Please tell us you aren't referring to the Barrington Declaration, aka the internet petition anyone can fill out

There are always individual professionals and experts who have extreme beliefs, e.g. there are several thousand pilots, architects and engineers who have signed up to the belief that 9/11 was an inside job. Why? because people, regardless of qualifications can harbor irrational beliefs. Some 40% of Americans believe in ghosts. This is why we look at the consensus-based evidence of experts, not just a handful of loud ones on Bitchute or a bunch of internet people pretending to be doctors in an online petition

My question is WHY?
    The same claims are made about all manner of pseudo scientific claims. From AIDS denial to
    Holocaust denial.
    In reality the numbers of these "experts" isn't actually that countless. And they aren't actually that expert. And all the crying about censorship is a convenient excuse for why they aren't able to produce evidence.

Conversely. What about all the countless experts and organizations that have taken the same vows and oaths and are just as qualified, yet support the idea of the vaccine?

Are all of these people corrupt and part of the global depopoulation conspiracy theory you believe?
    I asked you about this before but of course you ignored it.

Surely if all of those experts an be corrupted, isn't that also true of the experts you like? Can't it be that they have their own agendas and profit motives to dupe gullible people?

Also still not sure what this has to do with covid measures being permanent.

Are conspiracy theorists just giving up on those claims now?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Please tell us you aren't referring to the Barrington Declaration, aka the internet petition anyone can fill out

There are always individual professionals and experts who have extreme beliefs, e.g. there are several thousand pilots, architects and engineers who have signed up to the belief that 9/11 was an inside job. Why? because people, regardless of qualifications can harbor irrational beliefs. Some 40% of Americans believe in ghosts. This is why we look at the consensus-based evidence of experts, not just a handful of loud ones on Bitchute or a bunch of internet people pretending to be doctors in an online petition

Thanks for reply but it doesn't answer why governments around the globe are deliberately silencing them. Denying them medical protocols they have developed and were shown very effective.
    No, I was not referring to the Barrington Declaration. I was referring to a much wider phenomenon.

A quick addition as you brought up 9/11. Theories arise because the official government narrative simply does add up with many holes that people are desperate to fi d answers to

Thanks for reply but it doesn't answer why governments around the globe are deliberately silencing them.

People with fringe beliefs are always "being silenced" by the authorities

But fine, go on, demonstrate the evidence for this, but it better be systematic, not some sketchy subjective isolated cases

• Advertisement

But fine, go on, demonstrate the evidence for this, but it better be systematic, not some sketchy subjective isolated cases

I have neither time or inclination. And no, I'm not running away as I'm sure will be claimed on here.
    My point was to plant a seed. It will either grow or it won't and that is entirely down to the individual

It is also interesting to note you determine an effective protocol a Dr has developed a fringe belief.
    It seems to me that unless info comes from government approved source it is simply dismissed, whatever chap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

And they're constantly writing about and shouting about being silenced.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have neither time or inclination. And no, I'm not running away as I'm sure will be claimed on here.
    My point was to plant a seed. It will either grow or it won't and that is entirely down to the individual

That looks like a pretty good definition of running away. Say something daft, let's call it a seed, and then run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

To answer the question there can be multiple answers:

a) grifting, a lot of people will make money by pushing other narratives and pseudo science, it's in their interest to get people like yourself believe in these things as it enables them to earn money through products and services they provide.

b) lack of access to data or reading data wrongly, this can happen and the professionals, same as other people, double down on their beliefs rather than following the data or they deliberately misinterpret the data to fit their beliefs and narrative.

c) sunk cost narrative, even if their belief is shown to be wrong, they'll keep believing it as otherwise it means admitting that all the time and energy they spent declaring the opposite was for nothing.

d) They're not very smart, they might have the qualifications, but they're not very good at what they do, or they're good at what they do, but they're not very good at being a virologist or working in public health.

e) Trolling, many people will take the opposite view just because they like being on that side of the argument and causing mischief, flatearthsociety began as an internet prank and example of how to debate contrary to truths before people realised they could make money from it and then it grew into it's own thing followed by people who weren't very smart, couldn't read data or trying to grift others out of their money.

astrofool wrote: »
    To answer the question there can be multiple answers:

a) grifting, a lot of people will make money by pushing other narratives and pseudo science, it's in their interest to get people like yourself believe in these things as it enables them to earn money through products and services they provide.

b) lack of access to data or reading data wrongly, this can happen and the professionals, same as other people, double down on their beliefs rather than following the data or they deliberately misinterpret the data to fit their beliefs and narrative.

c) sunk cost narrative, even if their belief is shown to be wrong, they'll keep believing it as otherwise it means admitting that all the time and energy they spent declaring the opposite was for nothing.

d) They're not very smart, they might have the qualifications, but they're not very good at what they do, or they're good at what they do, but they're not very good at being a virologist or working in public health.

e) Trolling, many people will take the opposite view just because they like being on that side of the argument and causing mischief, flatearthsociety began as an internet prank and example of how to debate contrary to truths before people realised they could make money from it and then it grew into it's own thing followed by people who weren't very smart, couldn't read data or trying to grift others out of their money.

Not to mention that the "message" varies wildly. Some are claiming Covid isn't real, others are claiming its real but a "bioweapon", others still are claiming the numbers are fudged to exaggerate it, others that it's 5G/Bill Gates/NWO/Communists/Fascists/etc, then all the anti-vaxxers have jumped in (of course)

This probably isn't the post for this but, here goes.
    From March 2001 to March 2004 I lived and worked in New Jersey and New York.
    A small township on the banks of the Hudson called Weehawken opposite 42nd Street. I could look right down into Times Square from my apartment.
    I witnessed 9/11 unfold with my own eyes in utter disbelief. I knew people that worked in the towers and was obviously very concerned.
    I used to frequent a small Irish bar called Mcswiggans in Hoboken and that evening I went for a well earned pint and for news of friends and acquaintances.
    They came in one after the other, some still covered in Ash, and a huge cheer went up everything. Another friend had made it back safely.
    It was an unforgettable day, night and week for so many reasons.
    Over the weeks I'd meet people who had literally been in the building, walking towards it or in the immediate area. Some had the quick thinking to buy a disposable camera and record the events.
    My point in sharing this is because this single event is what started my distrust and skeptism of government narratives.
    The little shreds of eyewitness accounts from folk I knew well did not fit at all with the mainstream media account of events.
    So many of them. Some at the time, seemed insignificant.
    Over the years I've researched what was reported from both sides. I learned that the stories from my personal sources were closer to the reality than the narrative coming from a certain Mr Bush. It may well have involved terrorism and aeroplanes but their is way more to it than just that.
    Of that I'm certain

Not to mention that the "message" varies wildly. Some are claiming Covid isn't real, others are claiming its real but a "bioweapon", others still are claiming the numbers are fudged to exaggerate it, others that it's 5G/Bill Gates/NWO/Communists/Fascists/etc, then all the anti-vaxxers have jumped in (of course)

Not that you'll care but you are obviously intelligent, just narrow minded

This probably isn't the post for this but, here goes.
    From March 2001 to March 2004 I lived and worked in New Jersey and New York.
    A small township on the banks of the Hudson called Weehawken opposite 42nd Street. I could look right down into Times Square from my apartment.
    I witnessed 9/11 unfold with my own eyes in utter disbelief. I knew people that worked in the towers and was obviously very concerned.
    I used to frequent a small Irish bar called Mcswiggans in Hooke and that eveng I went for a well earned pint and for news of friends and acquaintances.
    They came in one after the other, some still covered in Ash, and a huge cheer went up everything. Another friend had made it back safely.
    It was an unforgettable day, night and week for so many reasons.
    Over the weeks I'd meet people who had literally been in the building, walking towards it or in the immediate area. Some had the quick thinking to buy a disposable camera and record the events.
    My point in sharing this is because this single event is what started my distrust and skeptism of government narratives.
    The little shreds of eyewitness accounts from folk I knew well did not fit at all with the mainstream media account of events.
    So many of them. Some at the time, seemed insignificant.
    Over the years I've researched what was reported from both sides. I learned that the stories from my personal sources were closer to the reality than the narrative coming from a certain Mr Bush. It may well have involved terrorism and aeroplanes but their is way more to it than just that.
    Of that I'm certain

Okay, does this certainty happen to involve a conspiracy you can't detail or support?

At the risk of this going off-topic, there's a 9/11 forum as a sub to this one. A heads-up though, the most "solid" theory there so far has involved secret Nazi's.

That looks like a pretty good definition of running away. Say something daft, let's call it a seed, and then run away.

And there it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

And there it is

OK what's permanent and why?
    So far we have masks might be, but only in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Okay, does this certainty happen to involve a conspiracy you can't detail or support?

At the risk of this going off-topic, there's a 9/11 forum as a sub to this one. A heads-up though, the most "solid" theory there so far has involved secret Nazi's.

Thanks, I'll have a look. The only claim I will make with regard 9/11 is, there was way more to it than the government narrative.
    For instance, a good friend worked for one of the banks in the WTC. He and several colleagues were told the day before not to come to the office tomorrow as they wouldn't be needed. Make of that what you will. Like I said, lots of little things that seemed, at the time, insignificant

And no, I won't name him or the bank, accept it

EyesClosed wrote: »
    OK what's permanent and why?
    So far we have masks might be, but only in Ireland.

Time will answer that one for me
    I dont claim to have all the answers chap

Time will answer that one for me
    I dont claim to have all the answers chap

You don't have any answers.
    You have vague claims at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

My question is WHY?

It's all very well posing those questions, however you haven't answered the hard questions yourself,
    and you seem to be able to retain your beliefs, eg. that deaths were due to the seasonality of the virus,
    or that Bill Gates paralysed 50,000 children, in the face of clear information contradicting you!

Why should you, or other people who hold beliefs without being able to justify them, be invited to broadcast
    those false beliefs to the masses, thereby sowing confusion and doubt, and making the fight against the
    virus even more difficult for everyone else?

For the past 6 months on this thread I've seen people put forward all sorts of unlikely theories. I normally
    take these at face value, like your claim about polio, and I check out for myself what the facts are.
    Invariably the reality is completely different to what is being claimed, but the people claiming these things
    seem incapable of understanding because they simply accept what they see/hear on bitchute,
    and in the misinformation echo chambers that they inhabit.

Have you ever noticed there are no dissenting voices on those web sites? On most of those web sites it's even
    difficult to see who is publishing the (mis)information. How can you trust what you are being fed there?

I'm not from the government, or any secret elite, etc., and I don't think I'm that easily taken in.
    Unless I already know it to be false I will look objectively at anything anyone proposes, and I will check it out myself.
    However I've seen no credible information so far that backs up the side of the story that you seem to represent.

OK, explain this. A passport was found next to a burnt out jet engine and shown tv news the following day.
    It was a passport, looking slightly scorched around the edge. It was pictured open the photo page. The passport was of the alleged ring leader, name escapes me, positioned perfectly next to charred aircraft remains. The engine was way too small to be from a 767 and it was not the APU either.
    It looked for all world it had been placed there. I dont know what news reports you got looked like or what they said, iwas living in the States.
    I saw that news bulletin and alarm bells went off in my head.
    I know very well what 767 engine looks like. I was a CAA licensed airport fireman from 1989 to 2000, and yes I can prove it.
    So, one charred passport, coincidentally of the ring leader, next to an engine not from a 767.
    Please, im expected to swallow that.
    Or Kate Adie reporting the collapse of building 7, when it was in the back ground behind her left shoulder some 20 mins before it actually collapsed.
    Yes, the pictures were live.
    You couldn't make it up. Ooh, maybe they did

So you can't name any covid measures that are permanent and have now started talking about 9/11...you couldn't write this stuff

So you can't name any covid measures that are permanent and have now started talking about 9/11...you couldn't write this stuff

I didn't bring up 9/11. Was then accused again of not backing claims.
    I back up my claims and I'm rantng about 9/11. I doubt you'll grasp the hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Back in the good old days it was the moon landings and 9/11 that kept the tin foil hatters busy

PintOfView wrote: »
    Why don't you put all that on a 9/11 thread and we can discuss it.
    I'd be surprised if most or all of what you said didn't have an explanation?

Thats the point chap. Of course there is an explanation. Just not the bull... the media reported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Economy has not tanked

I lost circa 7000 euro in savings potential through being forced off work while watching the cost of the tier of house I would buy rise by up to 30K.
    , and saving 2.5k lives is not for nothing regardless if you are so heartless to write off elderly like you do. [/quote[

The evidence would suggest that the vast majority of these people have since died regardless.
    Please provide evidence of your claim that a suicides increase during the pandemic.

:pac::pac:
    Yet another "**** the elderly" post.[/quote

Oh ffs. Most of them died anyway.

Our economy hasn't tanked. Lockdown wasn't just to prevent deaths, it was to prevent our national health systems from being overrun, despite this several countries ran critically close to that scenario.

If the hospitals managed to keep their heads above water when we were running at 8000 plus cases per day how in the feck could they go under when we have 50% of people fully vaccinated and it's the middle of summer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement