Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

King Mob wrote: »
    It's that there's a global conspiracy to force nightclubs in Ireland to shut down?

It's undefinable that NPHET members have a vendetta against Ireland's pub culture.

And I can think of a certain nerd in cabinet that would no doubt love to see the back of nightclubs, probably because he never had mates who he could go to one with.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Off topic posts deleted.

As stated by others, there is a 9/11 sub-forum here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1489

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Grofus

I lost circa 7000 euro in savings potential through being forced off work while watching the cost of the tier of house I would buy rise by up to 30K.
    , and saving 2.5k lives is not for nothing regardless if you are so heartless to write off elderly like you do. [/quote[

The evidence would suggest that the vast majority of these people have since died regardless.

:pac::pac:
    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yet another "**** the elderly" post.[/quote

Oh ffs. Most of them died anyway.

If the hospitals managed to keep their heads above water when we were running at 8000 plus cases per day how in the feck could they go under when we have 50% of people fully vaccinated and it's the middle of summer?

I'll answer that. Its because the vaccines that are being reported as our saviour don't fkn work as is already being seen with vaccinated folk testing positive and getting very ill.

And before someone comes on to say "and yet you deny there's a pandemic" look up antibody dependent enhancement which is one of the very real conditions that the silenced Dr's were trying to inform the public about.
    Maybe its a fringe belief

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Grofus wrote: »
    I didn't bring up 9/11.

Erm?

Yes you did.
    This probably isn't the post for this but, here goes.
    From March 2001 to March 2004 I lived and worked in New Jersey and New York.
    A small township on the banks of the Hudson called Weehawken opposite 42nd Street. I could look right down into Times Square from my apartment.
    I witnessed 9/11 unfold with my own eyes in utter disbelief...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I dont care who started the 9/11 tangent.

I politely suggested it be directed to the correct forum.

Let's leave it there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's undefinable that NPHET members have a vendetta against Ireland's pub culture.

And I can think of a certain nerd in cabinet that would no doubt love to see the back of nightclubs, probably because he never had mates who he could go to one with.

So is the whole pandemic being created in order to shut down pubs and nightclubs in Ireland? How did they manage to convince all other world leaders to follow this fake pandemic plan just so that pubs would be closed in Ireland?

Or are you claiming that they are now just riding on the pandemic, and that the pandemic is real, in order to just take advantage of the situation and shut down all pubs in Ireland? How do you think that will actually play out when pubs and nightclubs around the world are all back open, including in NI, but for some reason Irish pubs and clubs will remain closed permanently? Do you genuinely think that will happen, or that anyone in Ireland actually has the political power to make such a change that would stick through even one election whilst the rest of the world has reopened?

robinph wrote: »
    Erm?

Yes you did.

Read posts further back chap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That is not what the paper says, did you read and understand it? I suggest you read it again.

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    That is not what the paper says, did you read and understand it? I suggest you read it again.

What do assume I think it was saying? Slightly perplexed!

What do assume I think it was saying? Slightly perplexed!

Maybe you could set out what it is that you think it was claiming?

Maybe you could set out what it is that you think it was claiming?

I was simply providing evidence of the phenomenon known as ADE for those that may not have come across it
    I suppose, therefore, I was providing evidence that my claim of ADE exsisted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I'll answer that. Its because the vaccines that are being reported as our saviour don't fkn work as is already being seen with vaccinated folk testing positive and getting very ill.

This is alarmist nonsense
    The city was divided into four areas to help determine the threshold for containing the virus. The team said this was achieved after three areas, or about 75% of the population over the age of 18, had been given both doses.

When 95% of adults were fully vaccinated, they said the results showed that:

Deaths fell by 95%
    Hospitalisations fell by 86%
    Symptomatic cases fell by 80%

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57309538

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

I was simply providing evidence of the phenomenon known as ADE for those that may not have come across it
    I suppose, therefore, I was providing evidence that my claim of ADE exsisted

I suggest you reread the title of the thread, chap. It's not "Give examples of immune response phenomenon in relation to viral infections and vaccines."

saneman wrote: »
    I suggest you reread the title of the thread, chap. It's not "Give examples of immune response phenomenon in relation to viral infections and vaccines."

Is that all you've got, ignore the tough ones
    The point is there is more than enough doubt about the vaccines safety yet media, government agencies etc are continually saying they're 100% when they clearly are not.
    The real answer being they just dont know yet.,,! We will all know in time but that does not give me enough confidence right now to roll up my sleeve
    The relevance to this thread being, being vaccinated is slowly becoming part of the covid 19 measures 5hat i feel will be demanded to resume what is left of normal life

The point is there is more than enough doubt about the vaccines safety yet media, government agencies etc are continually saying they're 100% when they clearly are not.
    The real answer being they just dont know yet.,,! We will all know in time but that does not give me enough confidence right now to roll up my sleeve

Nice story.

Now about the "all restrictions will be permanent" thing.

Nice story.

Now about the "all restrictions will be permanent" thing.

See above

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Bit odd of you to accuse other people of ignoring questions given the large amount you have ignore. And the fact you keep announcing that you're going to ignore difficult questions you can't answer.

You are also now outright lying.
    No one has claimed that the vaccines are 100% safe. Nothing is. Doctors have been very open about the potential side effects and dangers of the vaccines. The reality is that the risks of the vaccine are far far lower than the risks of the virus.

Now this is something you should know being an expert in pharmaceuticals (when you aren't being an expert pilot). So you are being deliberately dishonest about this.

Why?

Also why do you keep going off on this odd and embarrassing tangents?
    Are you not able to point out any permanent measures?

Bit odd of you to accuse other people of ignoring questions given the large amount you have ignore. And the fact you keep announcing that you're going to ignore difficult questions you can't answer.

You are also now outright lying.
    No one has claimed that the vaccines are 100% safe. Nothing is. Doctors have been very open about the potential side effects and dangers of the vaccines. The reality is that the risks of the vaccine are far far lower than the risks of the virus.

Now this is something you should know being an expert in pharmaceuticals (when you aren't being an expert pilot). So you are being deliberately dishonest about this.

Why?

Also why do you keep going off on this odd and embarrassing tangents?
    Are you not able to point out any permanent measures?

I've heard several reports on the radio where so called experts have stated" the vaccines are 100% safe" so am I lying or are they.
    I dont consider a mortality rate of 0.2 any real risk. Mrsa has a mortality rate of 0.3% . Why didn't we lockdown for that.
    And stop trying to patronise me, ive never claimed to a pilot. A CAA certified fireman, yes. Wanna see the certs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This is a lazy trope recycled by anti-vaxxers. Nothing is 100% safe. Vaccines are overwhelmingly safe, however there is always some small risk. That risk v benefit is always relative, e.g. J&J vaccine.

8bbeea9a-a461-4a30-b27f-ec555c66eaf5_1140x641.png

I've heard several reports on the radio where so called experts have stated" the vaccines are 100% safe" so am I lying or are they.
    Cool. Provide those quotes then.
    Provide any quotes to that effect.

If you can't, then you are lying.

Again doctors and the companies producing the vaccines are very open about the side effect.
    No one claims that they are 100% safe. No medicine is.

See above

You're going to have to help us out here and link us to your post where you set out which restrictions are permanent, and why they are permanent.

All I'm seeing in your last few pages of posts is claims that you are not running away, as you run away. Claims about other conspiracy theories, then something about vaccines not being safe. No mention of the permanent restrictions.

Cool. Provide those quotes then.
    Provide any quotes to that effect.

If you can't, then you are lying.

Again doctors and the companies producing the vaccines are very open about the side effect.
    No one claims that they are 100% safe. No medicine is.

Well if that's your angle, why don't you prove i didn't hear them. Pointless post

You're going to have to help us out here and link us to your post where you set out which restrictions are permanent, and why they are permanent.

All I'm seeing in your last few pages of posts is claims that you are not running away, as you run away. Claims about other conspiracy theories, then something about vaccines not being safe. No mention of the permanent restrictions.
    Define permanent. Forever, for my lifetime, your lifetime, how long is permanent

Define permanent. Forever, for my lifetime, your lifetime, how long is permanent

Your conspiracy claim, you tell us.

If you have any of the covid restrictions which are going to be around for generations, but for no reason to do with covid then great, let us know what it is.

But if you only have something that will stick around for a lifetime then we'll take that? What is it?

Do you even have some "permanent" restrictions that you can tell us about which would still exist for a few years post pandemic and can you let us know what the conspiracy is behind those restrictions being kept after covid has passed?

Well if that's your angle, why don't you prove i didn't hear them. Pointless post

Well why can't you prove your own point?
    Why aren't you able to provide a single example of what you claim doctors are always saying?

To rational people this is because they don't actually say that.
    It could be that you are just mistaken and misremembering things.
    It could be that you're just outright lying.

If you aren't, it should be an easy task to show otherwise.

But you can't.

If you are claiming to have heard things said on the radio then why not state when this was, and who the quotes were being made by?

Your claim, you provide the evidence to back it up.

Your conspiracy claim, you tell us.

If you have any of the covid restrictions which are going to be around for generations, but for no reason to do with covid then great, let us know what it is.

But if you only have something that will stick around for a lifetime then we'll take that? What is it?

Do you even have some "permanent" restrictions that you can tell us about which would still exist for a few years post pandemic and can you let us know what the conspiracy is behind those restrictions being kept after covid has passed?
    Why does there need to be a conspiracy behind the restrictions, permanent or otherwise.
    All the current restrictions are nothing to with COVID-19 and everything to do with control. So take your pick. Which one shall we debate?

• Advertisement

If you are claiming to have heard things said on the radio then why not state when this was, and who the quotes were being made by?

Your claim, you provide the evidence to back it up.

I can't provide evidence of the radio interview. I remember it was a woman from either Nphet or HSE around two weeks ago.
    I can't prove it so I guess I'm lying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement