Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Before you tried to change the topic of the thread into something about NI politics I believe you were being asked about how you could claim to be not vulnerable and also not a risk to anyone else?

By not being vaccinated you are more vulnerable than the vaccinated population are of catching Covid and getting ill from it. You are also far more likely to be spreading it to others by not being vaccinated, and you don't know if the other people you come into contact with are vaccinated themselves, or maybe they have some additional vulnerability that means that they are not vaccinated themselves or maybe their immune system isn't quite as awesome as you believe yours to be and so are likely to catch covid from you and get very sick. That makes you a risk to others by not being vaccinated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why are those 6% not vaccinated? Maybe they have some other condition which means that vaccination isn't suitable for them?

If they are just not vaccinated down to some belief that the vaccines are a bad thing though, as you seem to be claiming, then I think I'll take the position of the 94% of their colleagues who are vaccinated.

Why are you following the 6% rather than the 94%, despite not actually knowing anything about what the opinion of that 6% is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I didn't change the thread to Irish politics. That was @aido79 actually.

And no, I am not vulnerable in any way. Feel free to perceive yourself as vulnerable if you like, but don't dare to pretend that I am.

I also can't spread something which I don't have. Now admit that this is impossible.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How do you know you don't have covid, or that you won't catch it in the future?

• Advertisement

If I have it I'll have a honey and lemon.

I don't have it. I'm perfectly healthy. In fact I have never tested positive for it. How do you know that you don't have nuclear toxicity from your beloved injections? That's the kind of ridiculous nonsense you're asking.

So you have been taking tests for covid then?

Why have you been taking tests for something that you seem to not believe exists?

So your line about having never tested positive didn't really prove anything then did it? You don't know if you have been covid positive previously, and you don't know if you have been passing it onto other vulnerable people without knowing.

It has been demonstrated widely - including a large study in China - that "asymptomatic transmission" is a fairy tale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

How do you know you don't have Covid right now? You could be asymptomatic, and be spreading it to family/friends

Do you plan on getting the vaccine? If not, why not?

You have claimed you will never get a test, why not?

So you do believe that covid exists then. Now back to why you think you won't catch it in the future?

again................ wrong, untrue, ignorant and lies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

Why? Based on a 1916 declaration?

Why that date? Why not pick an earlier period of history. Ireland wasn't always a single entity, so why do you insist on it being one now?

If you're talking about the study in Wuhan which they did for 10 million people..... yeah, there was a bit of an issue with that...

They categorised people into Asymptomatic, and symptomatic, then tested the people with symptoms only .... seems nice and easy, but it didn't add up that they still had so much transmission, even though the asymptomatic and symptomatic people were separated (even during forced quarantine they had huge transmission rates)...

turns out a third stage exists, pre-symptomatic, which is often misdiagnosed as asymptomatic, where you have a high enough viral load to spread it, with no symptoms, but you will then progress to having symptoms....

This is a very fluid situation, so you need to keep up with the science, if you're going to set out your beliefs on a study from last year, you are absolutely miles behind the curve

Asymptomatic transmission of covid-19 | The BMJ (2020 hypothosis of pre-symptomatic)

Asymptomatic COVID-19 infection: diagnosis, transmission, population characteristics | BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care (2021 study)

Thus, we suggest that asymptomatic individuals are infectious during the early stage of infection, but some rare cases (3/100.000) become long-term virus carriers which are no longer infectious. This would reconcile the Wuhan post-lockdown study with the other studies including the one from Luxembourg. This conveys several important messages for science and public health: (i) During the acute phase of a COVID19 wave, asymptomatic individuals should definitively be included in the testing strategy and their contacts traced, because they can drive the inapparent spread the virus similar to symptomatic cases. (ii) Among AIC there is a category of rare long-term SARS-COV-2 carriers (3/100.000), with minimal risk for virus transmission, despite detectable viral RNA. (iii) Despite low absolute numbers, the proportion of this category of asymptomatic carriers will increase as the virus retreats. (iv) Finally, it cannot be excluded that rare long-term carriers may become virus reservoirs, with the potential to cause recurrent outbreaks. This has important implications for future SARS-COV-2 public health and surveillance, and our understanding of yet another pitfall of this cunning virus

so its quite possible risteard has infected someone with covid over the last 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

By this logic you have never once tested negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Can't be positive for Covid if I'm never tested *taps head*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Sorry man, but that's simply not what happened. I was not warned at any point for trolling because I don't troll.

Nor is it relevant as this means that you just ignoring my points regardless of how you justify it to yourself.

Additionally there are many points from other posters you are running away from. Why are you doing this? Is everyone who dares to not believe you instantly a "troll" and a "bad actor"?

So again, I think you are running away from points and now throwing out complete lies and bullshit because you can't address any of the points made to you.

So why man? Why spread bullshit you know is bullshit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Please post a source for the study. I previously asked you for sources to studies a few weeks ago, and I’m still awaiting. So I won’t hold my breath on you providing one this time.

My son got Covid in crèche, and was asymptomatic. I got it from him, and I got it bad. We had no direct link with the outside world other than the crèche. How do you explain that? See below response to another poster as I feel you may benefit from real insight if you wish to learn.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

Had a close call ourselves back in January with cases in the local crèche. We had symptomatic sibling of another kid from the crèche at ours as we were bubbling together to deal with childminding. We got lucky and no cases in our house.

Other families though with non symptomatic kids at the crèche did then have other adults or siblings in their houses catch covid. Was pretty random as to which households had positive cases and which didn't, and had nothing much to do with if the kid who happened to go to the crèche had symptoms or not.

None of the households had any other outside contact at that time as was in the height of the January lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I'm not following anyone. You can try and categorize people all you want, everyone sees right through it. Unfortunately for you, most people are not the boogeyman antivaxxr you think they are. I am not anti-vaccine, I am anti- government mandated vaccination programs of medications that have been fast-tracked through the approval process by coercion and pressure from government and pharmaceutical companies. The fact that you are not against this shows how anti-science you are. And before you start claiming "Conspiracy theoresssttt!!!" - no I'm not suggesting that we are being forced to take the vaccine, but people are being socially pressured under fear of being outcast from their friend groups and being shut out from venues, which is tantamount to being forced to take the vaccine.

What is also unfortunate for you, is I respect people to choose to take the vaccine or to not take the vaccine. I don't spend my days sneering those online who choose not to

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Sea lions are pinnipeds characterized by external ear flaps, long foreflippers, the ability to walk on all fours, short, thick hair, and a big chest and belly. Together with the fur seals, they make up the family Otariidae, eared seals, which contains six extant and one extinct species in five genera.

But you are a conspiracy theorist. You've claimed that the entire space program is faked. That's also pretty anti-science/

You have also repeated several anti vaxx lies and as per usual, you're not actually addressing the points that have been made to you.

You are also again, ignoring many questions.

How do you know you got it from him? That's merely an assumption on your part.

Due to nobody else in the house having any other contacts with people during January lockdown presumably.

Is it more likely that they picked covid up from the person delivering groceries to the door or the post being delivered through the letterbox, or via the kid who was spending all day in a crèche with other kids?

Well he's lied and claimed that there's no such thing as asymptotic infection, so he must believe it's from the brief contact with the delivery guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It is a fact. Never met anyone going to or coming from crèche. We all had our slots for arrival. We had no interactions with anyone else, and always kept the opposite side of the road to people. We were notified by the crèche that our child was a close contact before we got covid.

Anyway, where are your sources.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

• Advertisement

just on the flip side of this (vaccine fast tracked through)

Yes, it was initially under emergency experimental status to allow the initial rollout.... that point has been passed now by about 6 months... so what happened?

It showed that vaccines "under development" for years at a time, aren't actually being worked on, but caught up in the huge quagmire of regulation, trials and tests ...

So, is a vaccine that's 10 years under development being worked on continuously over 10 years..? Not a chance. They reckon if work was in sequential order with no snags or breaks, you probably have 1 to 2 years of actual work. That's under normal circumstances....

Queue a global pandemic, with every big pharmaceutical company competing with each other to find an effective vaccine, with numerous volunteer groups for tests, numerous scientist groups on board to study all the data... basically throwing the kitchen sink at it... and yet everyone is afraid because progress was made "cos vaccines take 10 years to make"?

In response to the coercion thing, Ireland's in that much of a lockdown still, it doesn't really matter if you're vaccinated or not to live life as normal as is currently possible....

When they do open up, it will be like every other EU country where a lateral flow test will update your covid pass.... if you want to stay clear of a covid pass, there are plenty of establishments which will over look this ( I was back in Ireland last month and did a pub crawl... no masks, no vaccine checks)....

I feel this is another person stuck inside behind their computer and not seeing things for themselves

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement