Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That's ad hominem. I regularly get labelled a "shill", a "sheep", a troll, etc. It's telling you think it only happens on "one side", again this constant persecution complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok. So what do you believe is the real reason for these boosters?

Do they work? Or is there an ulterior motive to offering them to people? If so, what is it?

Again, you are going to avoid these questions because your conspiracy theory is very surface level and you aren't able to explain it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

I agree the number is dramatically higher, so much higher than the risks to young healthy people is statistically insignificant, I think i read the elderly are over 500 times more likely to die.

You say its a cavalier attitude, and that may be true, but we're equally cavalier about many other aspects of health too that just don't get the same press. We have Governments intruding into our lives at a rate never seen before to address Covid. SARS-Cov2 is a novel coronavirus, it won't be forever, one way or another it won't be a crisis for much longer. Other health issues kill more people annually. have done for years, and will continue to do so after Covid, and many of them are caused by obesity. When Covid is over, if things go back to normal, obesity will still be killing as many people. Rather than forced lockdowns for young healthy people, would you support Government mandated forced diet/exercise for the overweight? It would save millions of lives, and prevent premature deaths so I assume the answer must be yes based on your logic? 78% of Covid hospital admissions were obese, even Covid numbers wouldn't have been so bad if we'd been doing that before the pandemic. How many deaths associated with obesity do you think is acceptable?

I can't say exactly how I would have responded to because I'm not an expert, but what I will say is that I would have considered the civil liberties of the entire population and not just focused on health. Protecting old people, particularly nursing homes where about half of the deaths occurred, and providing services and high quality half face respirators to old people would have bene the priority. I wouldn't have locked down the entire population, disproportionately affecting young healthy people. Sweden didn't lockdown, the vast majority of the deaths' there are people who were already past average life expectancy. Covid is a disease that kills mostly elderly, so all measures and resources should have been directed there, but only measures that they agree to, if an old person didn't want to lockdown, they should have been allowed to choose too.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1107913/number-of-coronavirus-deaths-in-sweden-by-age-groups/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

When you post lies, you will be known as a liar

You still haven't retracted your lies about asymptomatic people being unable to spread covid

Until you admit and retract that lie, you will be called a liar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

My theory is we’re all being forced into the Covid pass system permanently, we will be forced to take boosters & forced to keep taking them, look at Israel. This is the beginning of a global digital ID system that will limit freedoms as our elites believe this is the only way to effectively control the sheep, be it for climate/ sustainability reasons or just to give themselves more power. We have President Xi already out calling for a global Covid pass system - the Chinese authorities do love their social credit system.

Already we have stable western democracies making laws to expel people from their jobs and society who don’t take the vaccines. Claire Byrne Live last night was actually giving lots of airtime to some sort of Nazi like journalist - Joe O’Shea who wants ‘unvaccinated’ banned from society. People may think this is about the current unvaccinated group - it’s not, we’re all about to become unvaccinated - it’s about forcing you to take boosters & keep the Covid pass indefinitely.

This isn’t about Covid infection management, if it was antigen testing would be used on a wide spread basis, vaccinated people still spread Covid, it’s all about control.

Ok. A straight answer finally.

So you believe that when they claim the boosters are required, they are lying?

Are you also claiming that the vaccines don't actually work at all either?

Also, is this the only measure you believe is permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

What do you mean when you say ‘When they claim boosters are required’? There are plenty of studies out re waning antibodies. However this is completely normal & does not affect T cell / memory cells & long lasting immunity of which there are also many studies out on. There is no scientific reason why healthy younger people would need a booster. Plenty of professors agree with this including Luke O’Neil.

Where did I claim vaccines don’t work? It was perfectly reasonable to roll out a vaccination programme & for people to gain exposure to the Covid spike protein in this way - giving them long lasting protection.

Immunocompromised and others of course can get boosters if they wish.

My issue is the mandatory nature of where this is going, the disabling of certs like Israel, the draconian vilification of the ‘unvaccinated’ - which could be everyone in another few months when cert is disabled. The infringement of societal freedoms - Claire Byrne had a section last night asking should unvaccinated people be allowed into supermarkets. If that’s not killing people, I don’t know what is.

Answer one question..get four more..King mob's quagmire..

yea man. it's how a discussion works.

You ask questions to find out what someone is claiming or believes, then use that information to get a better understanding of their belief so you can ask more questions and repeat the process.

You and your pals don't want discussion because you understand that your theories aren't very deep and fall apart under a bare level of questioning.

But please keep up the fly by smart comments. They're showing up you pretty nicely.

• Advertisement

Maybe people would be more inclined to answer your questions if it wasn't going to result in four more..

So, then you believe if doctors are claiming that boosters are required for young people, they are lying.

This implies all medical organisations are part of this conspiracy you believe. Is this the case?

And I didn't say you claimed that vaccines don't work. I'm asking if you believe that because I was unclear if you did or not. Several conspiracy theorists have been claiming that they don't. So the question was just a clarification, not an accusation. No need to get defensive about it.

So, you agree that the vaccines work. Great. I will assume this also means you don't agree with the other conspiracy theorists here who have claimed that the vaccines contain something that will depopulate the planet.

Yes, I understand that that is your issue.

Do you believe that any other measures will be permanent?

For example, the only other measures that people are pointing to are lockdowns and masks. Do you believe these measures will be permanent?

Maybe people shouldn't run from questions because they can't answer them honestly and be afraid of 4 questions.

Also maybe you guys should stop lying and claiming false things.

So are you a liar since I never said anything about asymptomatic people being unable to spread covid? It was another poster who said that.

Cruelsummmer, do you believe this is also true? That all western governments aren't actual democracies?

You're going to have a lot of thanks from folks like gortanna and they are going to claim you share their beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

6 months is not a couple of weeks in anybody's language.

CruelSummer, see how he twists what people write? He says "all Western democracies". I never said 'all'. Many Western countries are democracies. Sweden and Norway, for example. England. Forcing people to use a vaccine passport, or making it impossible to live without one, is totally at odds with democratic values.

Lol off ignore again am I?

Cool. In that case you can stop pretending not to see my points.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, that was the other sea gull Richard, sorry for mixing ye up gortanna.

So at least now you see why certain conspiracy theorist posters are called liars.

He still hasn't come back and retracted his lies yet. His next "contribution" will be a link dump n run

protecting public health is completely in line with democratic values.

But why the rush to say 'liar'? Why not debate the issue with the poster? It's a difference of opinion. I'm sure Risteard81 would be happy to debate and discuss the issue.

It is a difference of opinion, it is a difference of fact. One side is posting facts, the other isn't.

Because you guys lie a lot.

Risteard has claimed that asymptomatic infection doesn't exist.

Do you agree?

And I suspect you will continue to pretend you can't see my points and won't give a direct answer. This is because you wouldn't dare say another conspiracy theorist is wrong even when you believe he is.

The truth doesn't matter. It only matters that there is a conspiracy even if all of you guys believe each other is crazy.

its not debatable. its not a difference of opinion, its a proven fact that asymptomatic people can spread covid

its patently untrue to say otherwise

science fact isnt based on opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This is a fantasy, a lie.

Consistently, on this forum, people lie and distort the truth, pathologically. These posters predict things that don't happen, they make-up conspiracies that have no truth to them, they make claims that are baseless, they twist and distort facts, they take quotes out of context, they attack science and celebrate pseudo-science. They create falsehoods about history, about current affairs, about science, about politics. I've been on this forum for god knows how many years and I've yet to come across a single user created conspiracy that turned out to be true. It's no wonder there's friction here.

and just in case there is any doubt or confusion on this:

We screened 2,454 articles and included 13 low risk-of-bias studies from seven countries that tested 21,708 at-risk people, of which 663 were positive and 111 asymptomatic. Diagnosis in all studies was confirmed using a real-time reverse transcriptase–polymerase chain reaction test. The asymptomatic proportion ranged from 4% to 41%. Meta-analysis (fixed effects) found that the proportion of asymptomatic cases was 17% (95% CI 14% to 20%) overall and higher in aged care (20%; 95% CI 14% to 27%) than in non-aged care (16%; 95% CI 13% to 20%). The relative risk (RR) of asymptomatic transmission was 42% lower than that for symptomatic transmission (combined RR 0.58; 95% CI 0.34 to 0.99, p = 0.047).

And then there's the conspiracy theorists too..

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement