Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Caraibh

The Nal wrote: »
    Where is the logic for "them" in a permanent lockdown?

Again, the fear and paranoia based on wild speculation is baffling.

Well, there's already been talk of climate lockdowns. If another virus were to come along do you think they wouldn't start again with the cycle of lockdowns? A dangerous precedent has been set. And another virus, or cyber attack, has been predicted by Klaus Schwab and WEF, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Caraibh wrote: »
    Yes, but needed for how long? Don't forget that this was supposed to be a two week lockdown. There's nothing in what he said to suggest that he doesn't mean forever.

Virus got serious, we had to have a lockdown, it eased off, so measures were eased. Virus cases started increasing heavily again in a second wave, so we've needed to reintroduced lockdown measures

Is there any part of that you genuinely don't understand? Because that seems to be the root cause of all your questions/ideas here.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Virus got serious, we had to have a lockdown, it eased off, so measures were eased. Virus cases started increasing heavily again in a second wave, so we've needed to reintroduced lockdown measures

Is there any part of that you genuinely don't understand? Because that seems to be the root cause of all your questions/ideas here.

And if another virus comes along, such as the one in the form of a cyber attack that Klaus Schwab has warned of, should lockdown be the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And if another virus comes along, such as the one in the form of a cyber attack that Klaus Schwab has warned of, should lockdown be the answer?
    And when another virus comes along you conspiracy guys will be back claiming the same stuff again with no regard to all of the failed predictions and warnings...

King Mob wrote: »
    And when another virus comes along you conspiracy guys will be back claiming the same stuff again with no regard to all of the failed predictions and warnings...

Well, if the cyber attack he's been promising is as bad as he claims it will be then we won't have time to make predictions.

• Advertisement

Again, you are really not understanding stuff. This Schwab guy is pretty much a nobody, but anyway, he has mentioned that a hypothetical global cyber-attack could be more serious than Covid, which could be hypothetically true. Lockdowns have nothing to do with a cyber attack.

Here is a simple question - why do we have lockdown? and why are there different levels of it?

Well, if the cyber attack he's been promising is as bad as he claims it will be then we won't have time to make predictions.
    You're missing the operative part where all your predictions have been wrong and will have been wrong again when covid 19 doesn't result in a one world communist government.

You're missing the operative part where all your predictions have been wrong and will have been wrong again when covid 19 doesn't result in a one world communist government.

He and his tech buddies (or "partners") have said that there will be one.

Again, you are really not understanding stuff. This Schwab guy is pretty much a nobody, but anyway, he has mentioned that a hypothetical global cyber-attack could be more serious than Covid, which could be hypothetically true. Lockdowns have nothing to do with a cyber attack.

Here is a simple question - why do we have lockdown? and why are there different levels of it?

If it's hypothetical then why did one of his partners say that there would be one. Not that there might. I'll dig out the video.

For a nobody he seems to have pretty grand ambitions which include, inter alia, building entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems.

If it's hypothetical then why did one of his partners say that there would be one. Not that there might. I'll dig out the video.

It's hypothetical.
    For a nobody he seems to have pretty grand ambitions which include, inter alia, building entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems.

It's just theory-crafting, economists do it all the time. I suggest calming down with all this alarmism and fear, it must be exhausting to be so terrified of everything.

• Advertisement

He and his tech buddies (or "partners") have said that there will be one.
    Hang on... You said that they weren't communist..

You don't seem to be able to keep your conspiracy straight.

Hang on... You said that they weren't communist..

You don't seem to be able to keep your conspiracy straight.

Can you answer the question concerning Health Passport Ireland? You said that the claims being made now were made in 2009. What was the claim made in 2009 regarding Health Passport Ireland? Where can I read that specific claim?

Can you answer the question concerning Health Passport Ireland?
    Don't particularly feel a need to given how often you've been dodging questions.

Maybe try addressing mine first. Thanks.

Don't particularly feel a need to given how often you've been dodging questions.

Maybe try addressing mine first. Thanks.

Right, so I can take from that answer that there was no claim made about Health Passport Ireland in 2009 even though you said that all the claims that are being made now were made in 2009 as well.

Right, so I can take from that answer that there was no claim made about Health Passport Ireland in 2009 even though you said that all the claims that are being made now were made in 2009 as well.
    Nope. I'll explain the answer once we've addressed the points brought up previously.

So please go back and answer my questions and points, or admit you can't do so and we can move on.

You keep dodging. Why do you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nope. I'll explain the answer once we've addressed the points brought up previously.

So please go back and answer my questions and points, or admit you can't do so and we can move on.

You keep dodging. Why do you do this?

They may change their name but they never change their posting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Just talking to people it strikes me as amazing how many still think that this is a passing thing, in a few months it will be over etc.

I am sorry, but that is just nonsense, the powers that be will not allow normal life to resume, its simply not on the cards, and the penny has dropped with some sectors anyway. Notice for example two stories in todays Irish Independent:
    Firstly the Catholic Church recognises that First Holy Communions and Confirmations will probably not go ahead in 2021, much like 2020:
    "Two of the country’s most senior Catholic bishops have warned parents their children’s communions and confirmations may have to be called off next year due to the continuing uncertainty caused by Covid-19."
    ( https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bishops-cast-doubt-over-communions-and-confirmations-happening-in-2021-39869013.html .)

And secondly the long predicted system of health passports - by 'conspiracy theorists' -, showing your vaccine status, without which you cannot attend social events etc, is now being rolled out also:
    "Vaccine certificates may be needed to attend social gatherings or sporting events once the majority of the population are vaccinated.
    The certificates are being considered for air travel in the EU, but they may also be used to allow for greater attendance at mass gatherings once most people are vaccinated.

A Government source said “nothing is being ruled in or out” in terms of how the certificates will be used, but noted that other countries have trialled using them for attending events."
    ( https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/people-with-vaccine-certificates-to-face-fewer-restrictions-on-life-39869247.html .)

They are not putting all this in place for something that is going to end a few months from now people! You have think in terms of the number of years necessary to burn out of society their current social practices, like for example large funerals etc which act to build communities, in order to atomise society and hence make it easier to control.

That could be quite a while and certainly many more years to come!

http://www.orwellianireland.com

brianhere wrote: »
    Just talking to people it strikes me as amazing how many still think that this is a passing thing, in a few months it will be over etc.

I am sorry, but that Is just nonsense, the powers that be will not allow normal life to resume, its simply not on the cards, and the penny has dropped with some sectors anyway.

Why? is there some nefarious ulterior motive, if so, what is it exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

But if I get the vaccine and I have the certificate to prove it, surely I end up being able to return to doing things I did pre-Covid so as go on flights and go to concerts. Admittedly Bill Gates will be controlling me by then and I'll probably have a fondness for Ed Sheeran programmed into me but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why? is there some nefarious ulterior motive, if so, what is it exactly?

The powers that be want to destroy economies all over the world for.....reasons. It must be awful to be in the shoes of these conspiracists constantly living in fear that some higher power is out to get you.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The powers that be want to destroy economies all over the world for.....reasons. It must be awful to be in the shoes of these conspiracists constantly living in fear that some higher power is out to get you.

They don't seem to be in a rush to prepare for these doomsday scenarios, or fighting for the underground resistance or whatever, so I am guessing they aren't all that convinced themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

brianhere wrote: »

I am sorry, but that is just nonsense, the powers that be will not allow normal life to resume, its simply not on the cards, and the penny has dropped with some sectors anyway. Notice for example two stories in todays Irish Independent:
    Firstly the Catholic Church recognises that First Holy Communions and Confirmations will probably not go ahead in 2021, much like 2020:

And secondly the long predicted system of health passports - by 'conspiracy theorists' -, showing your vaccine status, without which you cannot attend social events etc, is now being rolled out also:

They are not putting all this in place for something that is going to end a few months from now people! You have think in terms of the number of years necessary to burn out of society their current social practices, like for example large funerals etc which act to build communities, in order to atomise society and hence make it easier to control.

That could be quite a while and certainly many more years to come!

1. Who are "they"?

2. Why are they doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

namloc1980 wrote: »

It's the constantly bit that gets me, how many predictions need to be wrong before they stop believing it? The mental gymnastics involved is staggering, are they just at the pint where they can't walk it back and admit they were wrong or is there a psychological need to tell everyone that they know the real truth because they watch youtube videos.

It's the constantly bit that gets me, how many predictions need to be wrong before they stop believing it? The mental gymnastics involved is staggering, are they just at the pint where they can't walk it back and admit they were wrong or is there a psychological need to tell everyone that they know the real truth because they watch youtube videos.

More comforting for some to believe vast conspiracies are taking place rather than the alternative, that not everything is controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

it will be interesting to know what form of a vaccine passport or certificate they will implement

If its on a phone as an app, then not everyone carries their phone & not everyone has a smart phone

My mother in law barely knows how to text and wont touch a smart phone

If its an app then most likely will be in the form of a QR code, which again can be forged, copied, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    it will be interesting to know what form of a vaccine passport or certificate they will implement

If its on a phone as an app, then not everyone carries their phone & not everyone has a smart phone

My mother in law barely knows how to text and wont touch a smart phone

If its an app then most likely will be in the form of a QR code, which again can be forged, copied, etc

Do they go through this crazy elaborate scheme to tag the worlds population (for unknown reasons) and then fail at the last hurdle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

More comforting for some to believe vast conspiracies are taking place rather than the alternative, that not everything is controlled.

I would say the opposite is true.

More people prefer to be comforted by lies than hurt by the truth.

That is the point Dohnjoe is making.

The conspiracies you believe are really just silly fantasies you can't really defend.
    They aren't true.

That was the point I made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

That was the point I made

Well you can toss that coin whichever way you'd like.

Most people would rather ignore or flat out deny that their government would engage in malfeasance and subterfuge for selfish motives and would prefer to go for the milquetoast option even when the truth is laid bare.

Millions refuse to believe that Iraq was illegally invaded, the case for war was fabricated, the agenda was profit and strategic one-upmanship and that war crimes were an hourly occurrence. They still cling to the notion of "freeing the Eye-racky people".

When asked to contemplate alternatives to their rose-tinted comfort-zone view they clam up, refuse to even entertain the notion and become ebullient. You tend to do the same yourself, DJ. Rather than examine the possibility that the narrative that you follow might not be 100% accurate you resort to condescension, flippancy, sneering and ad hominems. Surely if you are so enlightened and everyone else is so thick then you ought not see the need to stoop to such tactics but rather discuss is a calm, reasoned and deliberate manner, bereft of eye-rolling and impatience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement