Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Quiner wrote: »
    I answered the question, but I qualified my answer. Yes, I said, but ...

Thank you

So you agree the virus is spread by droplets and aerosols from people's mouths.

1. Taking that in account someone is wearing a mask, does it reduce the number of droplets/aerosols spread from someone's mouth, yes or no?

Following question:

2. Considering you believe that the virus spreads from aerosols and droplets from people's mouths, if there is a room with 100 people wearing masks, and another room with of 100 people not wearing masks. There are 10 infected people in each room, which room is it more likely that the virus will spread via aerosols and droplets?

a) the room with people who are not wearing masks

or

b) the room with people are wearing masks

Please no caveats or tangents, just answer a) or b). It's extremely difficult to get straight answers on this forum (for a reason), so you are doing very well so far.

It's obvious that it's a controlled demolition of the economy. Rarely have governments mentioned 'protecting the economy' since this began. They appear to be indifferent to the economy being destroyed. That suggests to me that they are happy to let it be destroyed so that it can be built back better.

Who is doing it? Governments around the world. They are following orders. I can tell you who is pulling the strings. I just need to check because I forget the specific details. But I'll post again with details. Just have to check.

Thank you. So to get this straight:

Governments around the world are being ordered by an entity to destroy their own economies and are doing so with a "fake" pandemic.

Will wait for the details. Then we can go into the evidence for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It's obvious that it's a controlled demolition of the economy. Rarely have governments mentioned 'protecting the economy' since this began. They appear to be indifferent to the economy being destroyed. That suggests to me that they are happy to let it be destroyed so that it can be built back better.

Who is doing it? Governments around the world. They are following orders. I can tell you who is pulling the strings. I just need to check because I forget the specific details. But I'll post again with details. Just have to check.

I'm on tenter hooks here...

Ep2b4XGWMAclteo?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Again with Gates and the vaccines.

• Advertisement

Again with Gates and the vaccines.

My fellow Good Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

A Ben Garrison cartoon. I thought this thread couldn't get any worse...

Ah Mr Garrison
    Ben Garrison is an American far-right political cartoonist.[3] His cartoons have been promoted among the alt-right for various depictions of alt-right ideology. He has produced controversial cartoons that have been characterized as sexist, racist, Islamophobic, anti-vaccine and antisemitic. They have also been criticized for attempting to deny climate change, and promoting conspiracy theories.[4][5][6][7][8] His cartoons often lionize conservative figures and politicians such as President Donald Trump.[9][3][10] Some alt-right activists have edited his comics to incorporate antisemitic content, including the antisemitic "Happy Merchant" caricature.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Garrison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Now that we've proven that we'll go along with whatever they dictate I wouldn't be surprised to keep this going as long as possible. Or when we finally do emerge from lockdown to start looking for reasons to lockdown again.

Its certainly been a power/ego trip for certain individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Now that we've proven that we'll go along with whatever they dictate I wouldn't be surprised to keep this going as long as possible. Or when we finally do emerge from lockdown to start looking for reasons to lockdown again.

Don't raise your hopes.

• Advertisement

They destroyed the economy [again] and gave themselves raises twice this year. They should be hanging from lamp posts at this stage.

Lockdowns will continue until we get at least 70%+ vaccination compliance. That's from Bill Gates himself. He's been right about everything so far, so I'll believe him on this.

Irish Government said over past few days that vaccines wouldn't reach most until August or so. Therefor, we can assume lockdowns will extend until then, at the very least.

"Two weeks to flatten the curve"... Two years to flatten the economy.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Don't raise your hopes.

When has a Government ever taken away freedoms and then willingly gave them back without its citizens needing to be on the business end of a rifle?

Spoilers. Never.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the conspiracy theorists tend to have below average intelligence and display extremely poor logic?

Projection alert.

Elon Musk, for one, has strongly suggested Covid is being used for ulterior motives. No offense, but it's very likely Mr.Musk is more intelligent and successful than NewMan1982.

When has a Government ever taken away freedoms and then willingly gave them back without its citizens needing to be on the business end of a rifle?

Spoilers. Never.

No one is forcing me to do anything. I'm following the advice of NPHET because I dont want to get infected and pass it into my 89 year old Dad, because I try not to be a selfish kernt about infecting my parent with something that could kill him.

Spoilers. Never.

"But, but.. it'll be different this time, we swear!"

:pac:

No one is forcing me to do anything. I'm following the advice of NPHET because I dont want to get infected and pass it into my 89 year old Dad, because I try not to be a selfish kernt about infecting my parent with something that could kill him.

That's understandable re: your Dad.

However, they are forcing you to stay within 5km of your home etc during Level 5.

That's understandable re: your Dad.

However, they are forcing you to stay within 5km of your home etc during Level 5.

I've hardly left the house at all since March. No one forced me to do that. It's the wisest most sensible thing to do to limit my chances of being exposed to the virus. It really boils my p1ss when I hear people complaining about travel restrictions etc. Suck it up! There are thousands of carers like me living like this since March, without a break. You can't drive 6km without good reason, boo fukkin hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Has anyone else noticed the conspiracy theorists tend to have below average intelligence and display extremely poor logic?

As opposed to the people who believe everything the government tells them as well as the non-stop propaganda on RTÉ?

We're of below average intelligence because we believe the following is insane:

1. Health Passport Ireland which would mean freedom hinging on the light flashing green. 1984.

2. A wrecked economoy, by design, and decades of debt.

3. Absolute control over every aspect of our lives. Everyday activities miserable.

4. Deaths from cancer (two young mothers in the UK, for example, as a result of cancelled appointments due to the covid obsession), suicides, depression, wrecked mental health.

We're of low intelligence for finding the above to be an absolute horror?

I've hardly left the house at all since March. No one forced me to do that. It's the wisest most sensible thing to do to limit my chances of being exposed to the virus. It really boils my p1ss when I hear people complaining about travel restrictions etc. Suck it up! There are thousands of carers like me living like this since March, without a break. You can't drive 6km without good reason, boo fukkin hoo.

Was just addressing the "nobody is forcing.." comment. They are. By law, now.

• Advertisement

Was just addressing the "nobody is forcing.." comment. They are. By law, now.

No they aren't. They are restricting intercounty travel unless it is for essential.purposes to slow the spread of a virus and to keep outbreaks contained. Precisely to protect people like my Dad and I. The vast majority of carers have adopted the kind of approach I have because it is the right thing to do by vulnerable people. You are being asked to sacrifice much less and are getting your knickers in a knot because you are being 'forced".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

As opposed to the people who believe everything the government tells them as well as the non-stop propaganda on RTÉ?

We're of below average intelligence because we believe the following is insane:

1. Health Passport Ireland which would mean freedom hinging on the light flashing green. 1984.

2. A wrecked economoy, by design, and decades of debt.

3. Absolute control over every aspect of our lives. Everyday activities miserable.

4. Deaths from cancer (two young mothers in the UK, for example, as a result of cancelled appointments due to the covid obsession), suicides, depression, wrecked mental health.

We're of low intelligence for finding the above to be an absolute horror?

Where do you get your information from?

No they aren't. They are restricting intercounty travel unless it is for essential.purposes to slow the spread of a virus and to keep outbreaks contained. Precisely to protect people like my Dad and I. The vast majority of carers have adopted the kind of approach I have because it is the right thing to do by vulnerable people. You are being asked to sacrifice much less and are getting your knickers in a knot because you are being 'forced".

You don't know my situation, or what I do/don't have to sacrifice

My point was: if I'm stopped 10km outside my home at a checkpoint "without good reason", I will be turned back and possibly fined. So yes, it is "forced". That's all I was saying.

Good luck to you anyway. Happy Xmas to you and your family.

You don't know my situation, or what I do/don't have to sacrifice

My point was: if I'm stopped 10km outside my home at a checkpoint "without good reason", I will be turned back and possibly fined. So yes, it is "forced". That's all I was saying.

Good luck to you anyway. Happy Xmas to you and your family.

No, you won't, there is no 5km restrictions on place. Why does it bother you that measures are being taken to keep the health service functioning and vulnerable people safe? Do you want an ICU bed available in thecyrsguv event you or a family member could need one for any reason? Because of the beds aren't there your treatment options following a major trauma are limited. "Sorry, we couldn't operate to stop the internal bleeding, there were no ICU beds available for his post op care. I'm afraid all we could do was make him as comfortable as possible until he passed away'. That will be the reality people will face if this virus overwhelms our hospitals and ICUs. It is about saving lives and not just from COVID. Staying in your county is not too much in exchange.

Sacrifice for how long? I'm sure most people are willing to make sacrifices for a limited amount of time. But this has been going on for almost a year. How long can you keep locking down, opening up a bit, locking down again, and on and and on, for? Another year? Two?

Where do you get your information from?

The WEF website, articles, the evidence of what I see around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The WEF website, articles, the evidence of what I see around me.
    No. You get your information from conspiracy mongers on twitter and never bother to question their attempts to manipulate you.
    You haven't even bothered to read the book behind the whole conspiracy because you are too lazy and you understand that it doesn't contain the information you want it to contain.

You are being asked to sacrifice much less and are getting your knickers in a knot because you are being 'forced".

We have been sacrificing all year to prevent something that never happened [the ERs overcrowding] and we're constantly told that we need to continue sacrificing [for the greater good] by a bunch of greedy power hungry narcissists that have sacrificed nothing [and they even had the nerve to give themselves raises while people are struggling to put food on the table and a roof over their heads because of these clowns] and even spat in our faces by continually showing us that their restrictions down't apply to them.

King Mob wrote: »
    No. You get your information from conspiracy mongers on twitter and never bother to question their attempts to manipulate you.
    You haven't even bothered to read the book behind the whole conspiracy because you are too lazy and you understand that it doesn't contain the information you want it to contain.

And you haven't bothered to answer my question about lobotomies. The majority of doctors once believed that lobotomies were okay. You say you believe the majority of doctors re covid, presumably because it is the majority of doctors. If you had been alive when the majority of doctors believed that lobotomies were okay would you have agreed with them because they were in the majority?

I predict you'll either answer with a load of questions, or not bother answering the question and justify it by saying 'you conspiracy theorists always run away from questions'.

A simple yes or no will do.

• Advertisement

We have been sacrificing all year to prevent something that never happened [the ERs overcrowding] and we're constantly told that we need to continue sacrificing [for the greater good] by a bunch of greedy power hungry narcissists that have sacrificed nothing [and they even had the nerve to give themselves raises while people are struggling to put food on the table and a roof over their heads because of these clowns] and even spat in our faces by continually showing us that their restrictions down't apply to them.

And notice how they keep ignoring their own "rules", thereby showing how little they think of them. Birx in the US is the latest one. Also the Governor of California, the Governor of New Jersey, Neil Ferguson, Dominic Cummings. There are others as well. But we're expected to obey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement