Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"Anyway I claim again that some people here have a complete misunderstanding of the history of these islands if they think for a minute that the kind of government oppression we have seen over the last two years would be remotely tolerated by the ordinary people in the past here. I mean by that that the ordinary people would never dream of complying with terrible oppression like that, no matter what excuse or yarn the government of the day was peddling.

Here is an example from 1733 where they shudder at the idea of inoculations, which was already stated to be done to about 15 to 20,000 children in England at that time:"

Dear brianhere, are you for real? You are calling government making sensible decisions in the face of a pandemic 'government oppression'. Aren't you making exactly the same mistake as Gortana, of not seeing that there is a virus on the loose, which has real consequences for all the population. As I asked Gortana, what would you have us do? Open up and live life as normal, and let the virus run amok? How do you think the health service would cope with that?

And are you seriously quoting some anti-vax stuff from 1773!!! What relevance has that to anything? Would you prefer that child mortality was still 50% of all children dying under 5 years old, and other diseases regularly doing the rounds to make the rest of your life a lottery also?

How can you expect to be taken even one bit seriously if you cannot propose a realistic way of dealing with this public health issue?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's actually not difficult to understand why a person would be so scared of vaccines and public health measures if their opinions are formed from what happened in 1773

Its laughably ironic though that someone would use hesitancy around cowpox inoculation, which ultimately eradicated small pox as a world wide endemic problem killing 400,000 annually and up to 90% of infants it infected, as an argument against covid vaccinations

Ah, the good old days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

He was complaining about inoculation not vaccination which, because it killed so many people, the cure been worse than the disease , as is so often the case, and so was later banned. Vaccination only came in widespread use in the 1840s in Ireland, inoculation was widespread in this country by the 1750s.

I am sure you know all this because no doubt you have taken the trouble to find out the true history of inoculation/vaccination before becoming PR spokesmen for big pharma?

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Trust the science lol"

"Do trust the 300 year old science though".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yes. Everyone here who isn't supporting a conspiracy theory understands vaccines much better than those proposing conspiracy theories.

For example, you are claiming the covid vaccines are dangerous. This exposes that you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

i honestly dont give 2 sh!ts what some guy back in 1773 was complaining about as it bears absolutely NO effect to whats happening today. The fact you give it credence just goes to show how completely backward and luddite you are.

It was 1733, but seriously its been my experience that those that oppose this vaccine/genetic engineering are way more knowledgeable about it than those who are in favour of it, who, in my experience hardly even know its ingredients and seem even to not want to know about it.

But the vaccines aren't "genetic engineering".

Claiming that they are exposes either that you are lying or you have no idea what you're claiming.

You and you conspiracy theory friends have displayed time and time again you don't understand what the vaccines are or how they work.

You guys consistently repeat false anti-science propaganda.

Your whinging is false.

you said "my experience" twice... projecting much?

you dont at all come across as someone who investigates both sides and understands the science behind mRNA.

you certainly come across as someone who surfs grifter "truther LOL" sites under the label to "unfettered investigative journalism" by hotel night porters and part time DJs.

each to their own though.... stay afraid of 300 year old history, while the rest of us get on with life, during this **** period we're living in

If you don't know your history you are condemned to repeat it!

These mRNA 'vaccines' are most definitely genetic engineering, anybody who tells you otherwise is lieing or doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

• Advertisement

Sorry, again no. You are displaying that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

The vaccines are not genetic enginneering by any defintion. I would challenge you to show otherwise, but we all know you will ignore that challenge and run away. That's all you guys are able to do when confronted.

Ignore. Run away. Repeat what you're told. Don't question anything.

I don't think you actually know what mRNA is...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Exactly. 'Witchcraft'!, the cry of the ignorant and the simpleton since time began.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Why are you so concerned over British worst case modelling figures when that has absolutely nothing to do with Ireland ?

Modelling figures here have been based on worst case and best case.

At a guess as to why the British are giving worst case figures. At the outset of this pandemic they didn`t take this virus seriously and followed the strategy that you favoured of doing the same as Sweden by letting it rip. By the time they copped themselves on and changed course they had one of the highest death rates per capita in Europe. A death rate that compared to here, even with us sharing a land border with them, is still twice what ours is due to them following what you were then, and long afterwards, advocating on letting it rip.

As I said, it`s only a guess on my part, but I can see why they have a complete terror of another **** show on there hands if they do not plan for the same happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Can you please explain using peer reviewed articles or anything of actual note that backs up your statement on genetic engineering? Also that well, worn phrase on History, has lost all its meaning at this point. Projecting your tortured 21s century beliefs into a 18th century event ignoring any historical context is just painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"These mRNA 'vaccines' are most definitely genetic engineering, anybody who tells you otherwise is lieing or doesn't know what he/she is talking about."

But how do you know that they are definitely genetic engineering, are you speaking from a position of expertise? And what do you actually mean by genetic engineering? Do you think that the mRNA vaccines are interfering with our genetic material?

And, by the way, you have conveniently ignored the question as to what you propose we do in the face of the virus, and in the face of rapidly rising cases at the moment? Should we just do nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Nothing says “Trust the Science" like asking for the data to be hidden for 75 years. (Pfizer)

very weak 0/10 effort there buzzbuzz 😘

your link dumping efforts are below standard today

Propaganda dump from looks like a religious crack pot site.

Why are you dumping this here?

Its a photo. What are you Lying about now? I didn't post a link. What site? you guys are getting desparate and why do they want the data hidden for so long?

• Advertisement

Where did you find the photo?

Be honest.

Also, it's really cute when you guys do this playground "No, you're lying!" thing.

No he didn't

Comprehension isn't your strong point, so perhaps go and have a second read of king mobs post....

Slowly this time

No, I said:

Propaganda dump from looks like a religious crack pot site.

Your image comes with a bible quote. Usually when conspiracy crap is matched with religious crap, it's cause it's a religious crack pot site.

So where did you find that picture.

If you don't tell us in the next post, you're admitting I've guessed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

And luckily no one else followed Sweden’s long term living with the virus strategy, as Sweden has the highest death rate per capita not only in Europe, but the entire planet. Every other country that has had night curfews, travel bans and forced mask wearing have all fared better. Follow the science everybody.

In all fairness that would be extremely difficult for him to do. Finding peer reviews for bullshit is no easy task.

I have already posted in the post you are replying to how Britain, our neighbour, fared by initially following the same strategy as Sweden before Sweden`s regional authorities put a stop to the insanity. Their deaths per capital are twice ours.

Perhaps you would care to tell us how Sweden`s deaths per capita are in comparison to their neighbours who used the same strategy as we did ?

Hopefully this might explain to you what mRNA vaccines are, in simple terms: http://www.orwellianireland.com/vaccine.pdf .

No thanks mate. Not interested in your personal bullshit site.

You are lying. The vaccines are not genetic engineering. You either do not know what the term means or you do, but are misusing it anyway.

This is a very dishonest thing to do. You know it's what you're doing.

You are trying to tell us that your lies are truth.

So I don't think you understood Orwell either.

• Advertisement

grifting again brian...

trying to sell your wares to the gullible and stupid on here.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement