Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

This will make North Korea, and the UK, seem sane as Russia deliberately does a Brexit x 1000 on itself as far as ever doing business with the rest of the world again.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Sorry buzz, but this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the thread.

Do you not have any comment on the fact that your conspiracy theories have all failed and that you and your fellow theorists have all run away and abandoned their beliefs?

Are you not even brave enough to admit that you were wrong?

Are you just going to pop in every few weeks, get pissy that this thread exists, then dump some very outdated meme in an attempt to seem funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Buzz the bullshitter will bullshit. So are you here to apologise for your lies?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buzzer being weak, colour me surprised

Too late lads. He's already vanished. Won't be back till he finds another meme from twitter to steal and dump so he can pretend to have won.

That's about all the conspiracy theorists have left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

I'm wondering why the COVID forum is still going, when COVID is categorically not harmful to what is effectively 100% of the population at this point and when we have no COVID measures anymore outside of healthcare settings.

Is boards.ie peddling the conspiracy that "COVID hasn't done gone away you know", in what is effectively the same conspiracy that this thread was trying to insinuate?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are people still discussing the topic?

Boards is a discussion forum. Have you got anything to show that boards is forcing people to discuss the topic, rather than just providing the space to do so if they wish?

A whole forum? This thread discussed measures being permanent. By keeping the forum open and not converting all COVID matters into one thread in AH or CA, dare I say it but it is sort of insinuating that somehow there is something to discuss or that COVID hasn't actually gone away. Which sorrt of lends credence to the CT in this thread.

If you read the active threads in the forum now, the posts aren't even discussing anything substantial anymore. Which of course isn't surprising given the fact that it is a virus of negligible concern in Ireland these days. Why not just make a pandemic or flu forum out of the COVID forum? Has it not ended yet?

• Advertisement

So your claiming that the admins of Boards.ie are a part of a conspiracy to reintroduce covid measures for reasons other than covid.

Pretty bizarre claim...

No, no, but I think there certainly seems to be a sense that COVID hasn't gone away despite the fact that, conclusively, it is a nothing illness.

Would you not agree that COVID is of such insignificance as to barely warrant discussion let alone any sort of public health guidance? If not, at what point should a line be drawn under it as worth even mentioning or giving a prominent platform to?

No I don't agree with that. Most people would also disagree with your statement.

It wasn't a nothing illness to the millions of people it killed or the millions more who were made severely ill by it.

Why do you believe that the covid section was created and continues?

Just looking at the topics on the forum there is a wide range of things still being discussed. Mental health, travel, schools, isolation, vaccines, boosters, etc. All things that are still relevant, even if the direct threat to national health services and individual lives is significantly lower than previously.

Does the mustard forum still exist?

To me, it looks like you are arguing in favour of the CT which was the genesis for this thread. Do you realise that is how you come across now? Like one of the CTs who think COVID is some sort of ploy or effort to control society or whatever. In the face of evidence that points to it being of little to no impact to society, you still think there is something there, so perhaps you might think that should things "get worse" with COVID, some form of restrictions should be introduced? At least, this should be an option do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This is a new "logic" twist to explain the failure of the conspiracy. Because a forum exists the conspiracy is real.

Hypocrisy being pointed out is tough to accept. And I am simply pulling out the "last war fighting" Japanese from their wardrobes and showing them that the war in their head is just that.

Lol. What?

I am not arguing that Covid measures are permanent. I have spent this entire thread arguing that this is not the case.

I answered your question previously. Could you please answer mine now?

Why do you believe that the covid section was created and continues?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

9-11 was over 2 decades ago, people are still discussing it, do you think the forum for that subject should be shut down because "it's over"?

You poor thing. It being over is really doing a number on you. It was obvious it was going to be hard for the likes of you and buzzy who had entrenched yourselves in so much conspiratorial rubbish from twitter/facebook echo chambers to recover to normality.

• Advertisement

They are beyond desperate. Its just kinda sad now. They need help.

By that you mean the conspiracy theorists who were claiming that all of the measures were going to be permanent?

Or the people who were pointing out that idea was clearly silly and obviously not true?

I don't think you're making the point you think you are.

We're still very much so in aftermath of it and keeping people informed seems pretty reasonable. On top of that, people have questions about travel, sending kids to school and whatever else. Hopefully it does not make a comeback but it's still a risk. On top of that loads of people have been hit long term from COVID, be it mentally or from COVID itself. Seems to be lots of reasons to keep it open.

I'm sure you can raise it in the feedback forum if you're that concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And to think we we're told that everyone would be dead now while simultaneously being tracked by 5G for the Great Reset in a cashless society with the army on the streets.

Seems like the only measure left now is "boards is going to keep discussing covid for a little while."

Truely the New World Order has won...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It was a global pandemic which affected all of us, so boards set up a separate forum for it. Maybe it will be removed in time, maybe not. There are quite a few near-dead sub-forums on this site that continue to operate, e.g. there's one attached to this which only gets one or two posts per year.

Not sure why you are so concerned about that?

This conspiracy theory thread has nothing to do with forum management, it was the prediction that all measures would be permanent as part of multiple nefarious conspiracy theories, none of which came true.

Edit: Thought I recognised your name, you've posted some vaguely anti-mask, Covid conspiracy stuff before

Lol. Looks like it's another "I'm not a conspiracy theorist but..." poster.

Yes, I can answer.

I think there is a portion of people that cannot let COVID go, whether it be those who love to moan about authority or those that are still in fear of it or else just those that enjoy the topic as a pandemic of this gravity is a once in a lifetime event, as far as I'm aware.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy in the COVID CT believers and those that get hysterical about it. That effectively they are two cheeks of the same arse.

To think that COVID is still a threat, from where I'm standing (where I can see from our data in Ireland and total lack of restrictions that it categorically is not), would make me wonder why there are people still afraid of COVID and think it might come back again as that seems to insinuate that restrictions may have not gone away forever, in which case this CT thread still has life.

Dismiss and deflect if you like but that defensiveness is telling from my perspective. As they say, address the post, not the poster.

• Advertisement

This deflection says it all. I am merely pointing out that from a non-CT supporting position all I can see are CTs and vehemently anti-CTs, but both look to almost be on the same side. As they say, the political spectrum can look like a horseshoe with the far left and right almost sharing views on many topics. That is what this thread is looking like.

You will of course note I haven't once claimed the restrictions are permanent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement