Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

CCP24 wrote: »
    No haven't a clue explain it to me. Every bit of it I want the different types of vaccines and how each ones work, how long they take to develop them , the ingredients, who makes them not just the big pharma names I want the scientists involved the whole lot. The legalities etc..

I'll do that, but first I want you to do the same for me.... for baby formula.

List the ingredients and tell me what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

No haven't a clue explain it to me.
    See this is why you believe such silly conspiracies.
    You believe your ignorance is of equal value to expertise.

The first thing you should do is actually try looking up the basic concept of how vaccines work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭CCP24

King Mob wrote: »
    See this is why you believe such silly conspiracies.
    You believe your ignorance is of equal value to expertise.

The first thing you should do is actually try looking up the basic concept of how vaccines work.

Is it , is that so, nope haven't a clue go on tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Mother of christ, the hospitals are overrun with covid patients , people isolating, media full of people having contracted it and recovering and she wants to me to show her proof of natural infection and immunity. Goodnight.

with the current confirmed infection rate (it was 4,900 something a day or something like that, so a round 5,000 lets say) sometime this week....

and lets be generous and say the infection rate was the same the last 365 days (which is wasn't, but hear me out) .... that's 1,825,000 people infected the last year....

population of ROI is over 4.9 million ....

herd immunity is only established at 40 to 50% (I've done the math for you, that's 2.45 million minimum.... )

so, we're about 625,000 off that... or in daily confirmed rates, 125 days off of that....

So, good night, and come back to us when you have gone over some facts and primary school math !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Timber I never used baby formula so I wouldnt know, I breastfed all my kids so my typical diet was meat veg, fruits, chocolate yoghurts ... What I ate they drank through my milk.

You have never used this vaccine either.

You say you know nothing about baby formula yet I dont see you posting against it. You don't know how baby formula works or it's Ingredients yet you have no issue with it.

Whats to say baby formula doesn't cause autism? There's no proof it doesn't yet I bet you have never ever questioned it.

• Advertisement

arccosh wrote: »
    with the current confirmed infection rate (it was 4,900 something a day or something like that, so a round 5,000 lets say) sometime this week....

and lets be generous and say the infection rate was the same the last 365 days (which is wasn't, but hear me out) .... that's 1,825,000 people infected the last year....

population of ROI is over 4.9 million ....

herd immunity is only established at 40 to 50% (I've done the math for you, that's 2.45 million minimum.... )

so, we're about 625,000 off that... or in daily confirmed rates, 125 days off of that....

So, good night, and come back to us when you have gone over some facts and primary school math !

So we are not far off natural immunity so I was right ya goodnight

Is it , is that so, nope haven't a clue go on tell me.
    Exactly the same way natural immunity works.

The fact you don't know this is illustrative of why you believe such silly things.

Maybe try educating yourself before looking up conspiracy crap on twitter and YouTube.

You have never used this vaccine either.

You say you know nothing about baby formula yet I dont see you posting against it. You don't know how baby formula works or it's Ingredients yet you have no issue with it.

Whats to say baby formula doesn't cause autism? There's no proof it doesn't yet I bet you have never ever questioned it.

Right you are going way off into another conversation, look I was being sarcastic with king mob when I said I never looked at a vaccine information so he would have to research and tell me some facts , I promise you I have done my research and all our vaccines are up to date in my family. My initial argument with dohnjoe about vaccines is that it is wasted giving people that are dying in hospitals in the uk that prob only have a few months at most to live, and it would be better to giving the vaccines to the younger population but as we have the younger population basically covered now with natural immunity here ,, there really should not be any need for more lockdowns. Just hope people don't get a shock when a large part of the elder generation die in a surge driving people to hysterics and thus wanting more lockdowns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Goodman ya thats right.

You seem to be getting very upsey by people pointing out your lack of knowledge.
    Perhaps you should take some time to learn about vaccines rather than getting angry.

Not sure why you thought lying about not knowing how vaccines work would help you.
    I'm also not entirely convinced that is a lie in the first place.
    Your previous posts show you don't know how vaccines work and you haven't shown anything since that indicates otherwise.

• Advertisement

Usually when refuted with actual facts they move the 'discussion' on to something else. Might be time for 'the vaccine is bad mkay'. What will we see next on the conspiracy wheel of whacky claims!
    You called that pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

GT89 wrote: »
    I didnt vote for them.

Not old enough?
    Ironically enough none of the current shower in government won the election. Sinn Fein won remember?

You've just added the Irish electoral system to the things you don't understand. Maybe put some effort into your research and you won't come out with nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No haven't a clue explain it to me. Every bit of it I want the different types of vaccines and how each ones work, how long they take to develop them , the ingredients, who makes them not just the big pharma names I want the scientists involved the whole lot. The legalities etc..

You are making extraordinary claims, that there's a conspiracy, it's up to you to back up those claims, not demand that other people "educate" you to the nth degree.

So we are not far off natural immunity so I was right ya goodnight

:-D no...

you went from "we're there" to "we're almost there" in 2 posts....

I had a feeling you'd gloss over the numbers... the 2.4 million number in 125 days time is 40% population (4 months).... bearing in mind that was with 5,000 cases a day from 365 days ago... which wasn't the case as a virus needs time to ramp up in infection rate etc...

anyways that is digressing a bit, the numbers were trying to simplify the explanation with a "best infection case" (so no ramp up to exponential infection rates) ....

the point is, that even in that "best infection case", there is still another 60% to get through in 4 months time...

so if you took first cases being in Ireland circa Jan 2020, you're talking about circa 18 months, over 2500 deaths (by that time in 4 months) , numerous lockdown measures, a health system that had been stretched beyond it's capability numerous times because of it.........

just to get to that 40% point, ....

but no, you saw something that resembled some keywords you heard and rocked with that .....

pathetic :pac::pac::pac:

apologies, I was a bit off with my heard immunity number.... it's actually higher for COVID due to it's transmissibility.....

so heard immunity starts at 60 to 70%

not that you give a ****e, but I like to keep things factual for people that do...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Think about it if there was a severe plague going on the health system would have been rendered useless long ago. The virus has been in the country well over a year now at this stage and has yet to overwhelm the health system.

How are things looking now, a mere two days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

arccosh wrote: »
    short answer: no
    long answer: still no...

hit me with some numbers if you're gonna quote bull****

My friends a nurse, she said the hospital she works in is completely overwhelmed with covid patients, She said some of them are on chairs and stretchers outside the hospital because they have no room for them.
    She said there 12 patients for every 1 nurse.
    She said she's having breakdowns most days in work and theyre at the stage were theyre choosing who to give help to.
    The wards are mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

My friends a nurse, she said the hospital she works in is completely overwhelmed with covid patients, She said some of them are on chairs and stretchers outside the hospital because they have no room for them.
    She said there 12 patients for every 1 nurse.
    She said she's having breakdowns most days in work and theyre at the stage were theyre choosing who to give help to.
    The wards are mayhem.

I don't see it and neither do my 3 nurse friends, one ex who's a care assistant and two others. One who is a matron and another who is a toxicoligist.

What hospitals?

I don't see it and neither do my 3 nurse friends, one ex who's a care assistant and two others. One who is a matron and another who is a toxicoligist.

What hospitals?

So what is really happening according to you?

The media and government and medical staff are all conspiring to make up scenario that isn't true?

What hospitals?

So why do you believe that airyfairy's friend is lying?
    Do you believe they are lying about what their friend said?

If either why then should we trust that the same isn't true for you and your friends?

Why aren't your friends part of the conspiracy that seems to involve all other medical professionals?
    Were they offered a part in the conspiracy and turned it down... Or...?

• Advertisement

What hospitals?

Oh well my 4 nurse friends and 2 ex's and 3 others say it's true. That's how this works, right?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So what is really happening according to you?

The media and government and medical staff are all conspiring to make up scenario that isn't true?

You tell me.
    I'm just relaying the information I received from people "on the ground".

Oh well my 4 nurse friends and 2 ex's and 3 others say it's true. That's how this works, right?

Thank you for your contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭patnor1011

So covid measures may be here for a quite some time, nevermind the vaccines...
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8884031/Dr-Fauci-warns-early-COVID-19-vaccines-prevent-symptoms-not-block-infection.html

and that is article from 2 months ago.

You tell me.
    I'm just relaying the information I received from people "on the ground".

I think you're making stuff up. Ireland currently has the highest rate of Covid in the world and our hospital system is under immense strain. You're a Covid denier, and by some remarkable coincidence you know medical professionals who happen to support your extremely silly position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I think you're making stuff up. Ireland currently has the highest rate of Covid in the world and our hospital system is under immense strain. You're a Covid denier, and by some remarkable coincidence you know medical professionals who happen to support your extremely silly position.

It's under immense strain for two reasons the number of beds has been reduced due social distancing requirements and many healthcare workers are self isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

patnor1011 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8884031/Dr-Fauci-warns-early-COVID-19-vaccines-prevent-symptoms-not-block-infection.html

You are using the Daily Mail and Dr Fauci as a source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Fieldog wrote: »
    You are using the Daily Mail and Dr Fauci as a source?

And who does not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

patnor1011 wrote: »

Does this article convince you that covid measures will be permanent? That's what this thread is about after all.

• Advertisement

It's under immense strain for two reasons the number of beds has been reduced due social distancing requirements and many healthcare workers are self isolating.

It's under immense strain because a lot of people are sick. We have increased our ICU bed numbers.

Do you, at any time, post anything that isn't a lie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement