Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You can be trespassed from private property. You must be asked to leave and given every opportnity to leave. If and only if afterwards you return can you be trespassed.

This is wrong, its is trespass whether you are asked to leave or not. There may additionally be continuing trespass if you do not leave when asked to do so.

If the reference to World War 2 deaths was combat related then I find the BBC claim to be strange. They seem to have forgotten about the Korean War where over 3 million people were killed in 3 years (1950 - 1953) so that's an average of 1 million per year.

Other estimates put the death toll at nearly 20% of the population.

And according to the beeb themselves 800,000 people were slaughtered in just 100 days in Rwanda in 1994

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26875506

Yet covid is responsible for the highest death toll since WW2?

So what is responsible so?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

If the reference to World War 2 deaths was combat related then I find the BBC claim to be strange. They seem to have forgotten about the Korean War where over 3 million people were killed in 3 years (1950 - 1953) so that's an average of 1 million per year.

They are referring to UK deaths in the UK.

The Korean war didn't involve UK mainland causalities
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26875506

Yet covid is responsible for the highest death toll since WW2?

No, reread the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You are asking questions but not really answering any..

1. Why are countries all over the world exaggerating deaths from Covid?
    2. If the "figures are wrong" what are the real figures? and provide your calculation methods for that (with sources please)

At least the people with the "Mark of the Beast" and "Bill Gates is Satan" stuff can provide us with some details, you haven't provided any..

Do you believe the figures from some countries but not others?

Do you believe the figures from some countries but not others?

Each country is estimating the number of deaths as a result of Covid, there is no credible basis to randomly "disbelieve" those figures.

Why would every country be secretly and purposefully exaggerating the numbers of deaths? what would that achieve? what would be the point of that?

Why would Ireland as a country decide to say we have e.g. 100,000 extra deaths?

Conspiracy theorists and people with low critical thinking will always come up with nonsense like "because they want to scare us" or similar, to which the question always is, why? and then there's never an answer

Countries are estimating the deaths as a result of Covid and there's literally zero reason to believe they are all systematically "exaggerated" for some unspecified nefarious narrative

• Advertisement

There's no progress. You are claiming that is a vast conspiracy going on which you refuse to give details of or answer questions on. On top of that you are engaging in denial of death estimates without providing your own. Constantly at square one.

And you're the one engaging in hyperbole. A conspiracy can be a conspiracy without it being "vast".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And you're the one engaging in hyperbole. A conspiracy can be a conspiracy without it being "vast".

But for your or anyone else's conspiracy about covid to be true it would have to be vast.

A worldwide conspiracy to fudge the numbers world wide would involve an enormous amount of people: a consensus of medical professionals, scientists, virologists, coroners, media, government officials, etc all working seamlessly together with no leaks whatsoever to create an artificially high number of virus dead..

I've been here long enough know how conspiracy theorists think - that it would be one man with a clipboard just making up figures and everyone else saying "yup, we'll take his word on it".

All of this is underpinned by a complete lack of critical thinking. Either of reality or of any of these conspiracies. And of course not a jot of evidence for any of them. Most have actually just given up on the conspiracies altogether and settled on endless "whack-a-mole" Covid denial, totally not fueled by their irrational paranoia of authority figures, nope ;)

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Proof?... And don't start with the man who fell of the ladder nonsense again

Well if it's nonsense then why have so many of your cohorts lent their credence to the "fact" that covid caused him to fall to his death and hence that it ought to be ascribed as the cause thereof?

But I don't know what your opinion is on The Freedom Foundation but according to this report the Department Of Health have revised their figures down as a result of questionable, if not downright spurious, death and causal claims:

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/covid-19/wa-lowers-covid-19-deaths-by-200-investigation-suggests-its-still-too-high/

You're 100% right. I agree. He should have had the bollocks kicked off him until he left the hospital.

I suppose we should all have the "bollocks kicked off us", you included, if someone wants it that way.

Who should conduct this assault? This illegal assault, and what should happen to them once "bollocks have been kicked off someone"? Should they be prosecuted, tried and convicted?

Also how much taxpayer compensation ought to be paid to the recipient of the "bollocks kicking of them" episode?

So in conclusion, someone should be violently assaulted for entering a public space, according to you. Tread carefully. There's another thread close-by regarding censorship in the wake of the Capitol riots. Many have espoused that one ought to be sanctioned or banned from a platform for breaching its T&C, specifically in relation to the advocacy of violence which is tantamount to what you have just espoused.

• Advertisement

Well if it's nonsense then why have so many of your cohorts lent their credence to the "fact" that covid caused him to fall to his death and hence that it ought to be ascribed as the cause thereof?

But I don't know what your opinion is on The Freedom Foundation but according to this report the Department Of Health have revised their figures down as a result of questionable, if not downright spurious, death and causal claims:

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/covid-19/wa-lowers-covid-19-deaths-by-200-investigation-suggests-its-still-too-high/

The report laid out why it should be considered a covid death, have you read it?

The reporting criteria is constantly scrutinised, reviewed and modified if necessary. That's hardly a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

A worldwide conspiracy to fudge the numbers world wide would involve an enormous amount of people: a consensus of medical professionals, scientists, virologists, coroners, media, government officials, etc all working seamlessly together with no leaks whatsoever to create an artificially high number of virus dead..

I've been here long enough know how conspiracy theorists think - that it would be one man with a clipboard just making up figures and everyone else saying "yup, we'll take his word on it".

All of this is underpinned by a complete lack of critical thinking. Either of reality or of any of these conspiracies. And of course not a jot of evidence for any of them. Most have actually just given up on the conspiracies altogether and settled on endless "whack-a-mole" Covid denial, totally not fueled by their irrational paranoia of authority figures, nope ;)

Not necessarily. WHO has form in “doctoring” the figures, pardon the pun, and in crating fake pandemics for profit.

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/european-parliament-to-investigate-who-pandemic-scandal.html

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

“Irrational paranoia of authority figures”.

I like it.

The opposite of irrational paranoia is rational pronoia. Perhaps that is an accurate diagnosis of the lockdown fanboys.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Yes. You are allowed to go into certain parts of hospitals and police stations, it doesn't mean you can walk around wherever you like.

And they have every right to eject someone who they believe it being a nuisance

Trespass law applies to privately owned land.

Trespass law applies to privately owned land.

This is not correct.

Yes. You are allowed to go into certain parts of hospitals and police stations, it doesn't mean you can walk around wherever you like.

And they have every right to eject someone who they believe it being a nuisance

You can walk anywhere you like if it's a public space.

Are you telling me that I can let you into the Phoenix Park to walk around but if you go near the Wellington Memorial I can kick you out? My reason being that you're a "nuisance" because you have headphones on and are tunelessly singing along to Britney Spears?

You can walk anywhere you like if it's a public space.

Public spaces do not mean 100% open to the public for any reason. Many public buildings have private areas. Many have spaces that require authorisation to enter. Like, you know, parts of a hospital with sick people in them.

So what is responsible so?

You tell me. The report was that covid is responsible for the highest death toll since WW2. Perhaps you could clarify that. WW2 seems to be a fairly big benchmark regarding death.

I notice you cut out my edit as well. Nice touch.

So since World War 2 covid is the biggest contributor to excessive deaths?
    Am I right so far?

Is that deaths in the UK since the Luftwaffe were hammering the East End or is it global deaths?

They are referring to UK deaths in the UK.

The Korean war didn't involve UK mainland causalities

No, reread the piece.

I already qualified my question.

Each country is estimating the number of deaths as a result of Covid, there is no credible basis to randomly "disbelieve" those figures.

Why would every country be secretly and purposefully exaggerating the numbers of deaths? what would that achieve? what would be the point of that?

Conspiracy theorists and people with low critical thinking will always come up with nonsense like "because they want to scare us" or similar, to which the question always is, why? and then there's never an answer

Countries are estimating the deaths as a result of Covid and there's literally zero reason to believe they are all systematically "exaggerated" for some unspecified nefarious narrative

Do you think that countries could be exaggerrating their death numbers and some could be downplaying them? And if so, why?

And who would you believe, and why?

• Advertisement

You tell me. The report was that covid is responsible for the highest death toll since WW2. Perhaps you could clarify that. WW2 seems to be a fairly big benchmark regarding death.

I notice you cut out my edit as well. Nice touch.

So since World War 2 covid is the biggest contributor to excessive deaths?
    Am I right so far?

Is that deaths in the UK since the Luftwaffe were hammering the East End or is it global deaths?

I didn't quote all of your post because I thought it wasn't worthy of a response.

We have seen in many countries higher excess deaths than have been seen in decades, almost a century in some cases. These excess deaths line up generally with reported covid deaths.

Feel free to explain what you attribute these excess deaths to. Or just ignore the question as usual.

Do you think that countries could be exaggerrating their death numbers and some could be downplaying them? And if so, why?

And who would you believe, and why?

Well we had one lad saying Tanzania had "prayed covid away and there were now no cases" so yes this is possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Where's the flu gone?

sabat wrote: »
    Where's the flu gone?

And the circle begins again :rolleyes:

I didn't quote all of your post because I thought it wasn't worthy of a response.

We have seen in many countries higher excess deaths than have been seen in decades, almost a century in some cases. These excess deaths line up generally with reported covid deaths.

Feel free to explain what you attribute these excess deaths to. Or just ignore the question as usual.

Then why are you responding?

Well we had one lad saying Tanzania had "prayed covid away and there were now no cases" so yes this is possible.

So what about the numbers from Russia and China?

So what about the numbers from Russia and China?

What about them? I don't follow the numbers from every country in the world i follow the numbers in countries where it affects me.

What about them? I don't follow the numbers from every country in the world i follow the numbers in countries where it affects me.

Do the numbers in the UK or America affect you?

You were quick to bring up Tanzania. Do the figures THERE affect you?

^^ you are very transparent shatteralan. You should really consider posting in good faith.

• Advertisement

Do the numbers in the UK or America affect you?

Yes.
    You were quick to bring up Tanzania. Do the figures THERE affect you?

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement