Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If Belarus told me it was raining outside, I'd step out to check.

I would imagine in Belarus that they're "checking" who steps outside to check :)

It is funny that an ex-soviet dictatorship has become a paragon for conspiracy theorists in a COVID world, I mean, there's better examples in NZ and Aus (that may not suit the narrative), or even India's rapidly declining numbers, to start making cases for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,548 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

astrofool wrote: »
    I would imagine in Belarus that they're "checking" who steps outside to check :)

It is funny that an ex-soviet dictatorship has become a paragon for conspiracy theorists in a COVID world, I mean, there's better examples in NZ and Aus (that may not suit the narrative), or even India's rapidly declining numbers, to start making cases for.

Don't forget Tanzania! We had one lad tell us that they had managed to pray covid away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

They're not doing anything in Belarus at all really except recently they have placed some restrictions on people coming into the country.

Mostly everything is open.

Less than half the deaths we have had and they have 11 million people there.

Again, as with experts, to get a realistic picture requires digging around, and considering multiple opinions.
    Here is some more info on Belarus, to add to that of previous posters ...

https://belarusfeed.com/un-demographic-statistics-mortality-rate-belarus/ (from Sep 2020)
    This says:
    "In June 2020, the number of deaths by 3,753 cases exceeded the last year’s figures for the same month.
    The death rate in the first half of this year has broken a five-year record,
    this follows from the UN statistics for the first half of 2020"

and
    "According to the Ministry of Health as of September 5, 705 people with coronavirus have died in the country this year. . . . .

The UN data indicates that in the second quarter, which saw the peak of the spread of COVID-19, almost 35,900 people died in Belarus.
    This is 5,600 people more than a year earlier.
    From 2015 to 2017, the number of deaths at the end of the second quarter did not reach 30,000."

So they are saying that approx 5,600 people died (from all causes) in the second Qtr 2020 (Apr-Jun) compared to the 5 prev years!!!
    Whereas the official numbers are 705 people had died of covid so far to that date (Sep 2020 ).

With a population about double that of Ireland that puts their death rate a good bit higher than we had by last Sept.

Also, see
    https://ai.plainenglish.io/estimating-covid-19-excess-deaths-in-the-republic-of-belarus-316ca80481ed (also from Sep 2020)
    Extracts from their article:
    "The Belarus Ministry of Health has not yet published any mortality data for 2020 on their official website.
    However, as found by journalists of a local online news outlet “Nasha Niva”,
    the Ministry did pass such monthly data to the United Nations Organisation,
    which made them available at the UNdata portal.
    Based on that data, journalists concluded that the cumulative excess death toll during the COVID-19 outbreak in April-June 2020 made up ca. 5500 victims,
    as compared to the average mortality in April-June of previous 5 years. "

They then go on to do a rigorous analysis of the UN data and then conclude themselves

"The most likely total number of excess deaths in April — June 2020 made up 6731. . . . . .
    According to the 95% credible interval of our estimate, the true total number of excess deaths could be as low as 4189 and as high as 9335."

So does this not cast doubt on what you said in your last post quoted above?
    Can you say where you got that information on Belarus from?

Does this not show that to get to the reality of the situation you need to do a bit more than just quote from your normal sources of information?
    And does it not show how easy it is to be mislead by sites that promote a particular angle, to the exclusion of any information to the contrary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

I quite funny to hear people parroting what they hear on the news about Belarus when life is pretty much going on normal there.

The way we are living right now in Ireland is basically fascism.

Ex KGB agent Yuri Bezmenov on demoralisation

"As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell him nothing, even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents and pictures. ...he will refuse to believe it... That's the tragedy of the situation of demoralization."

It is true, that nobody is changing their opinion here no matter what facts are shown. What is my opinion? I don't know what is going on but I think there is more to what is happening than the official story. I'm open to many possibilities.

I believe that Ireland is a demoralised country in the KGB sense. People will try to normalise what is happening in our country. If you told them this time last year what would happen in the following 12 month you really would be called a conspiracy theorist. Now that it has happened, anyone that questions it is called a conspiracy theorist.

No matter what information I provide from government sites.....( not to get people to change their minds only to question things), people are so brainwashed by the daily propaganda that they cannot envisage anything but the official story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I quite funny to hear people parroting what they hear on the news about Belarus when life is pretty much going on normal there.

"As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell him nothing, even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents and pictures. ...he will refuse to believe it... That's the tragedy of the situation of demoralization."

It is true, that nobody is changing their opinion here no matter what facts are shown. What is my opinion? I don't know what is going on but I think there is more to what is happening than the official story. I'm open to many possibilities.

I believe that Ireland is a demoralised country in the KGB sense. People will try to normalise what is happening in our country. If you told them this time last year what would happen in the following 12 month you really would be called a conspiracy theorist. Now that it has happened, anyone that questions it is called a conspiracy theorist.

No matter what information I provide from government sites.....( not to get people to change their minds only to question things), people are so brainwashed by the daily propaganda that they cannot envisage anything but the official story.

For the fifth million time on here asking... What's going to be permanent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The only people who have any right to debate with Bill Gates about how he decides to spend his money is Melinda Gates, and possibly their kids.

Are you sure that in this situation you are not the one suffering from Bezmenov's demoralisation syndrome, in that you are picking what information to believe, and ignoring all other information if it doesn't fit your interpretation?

When you say "No matter what information I provide from government sites"
    you make it seem like you are providing information that people on here don't believe.
    But that is simply untrue! Unless you mean from the Belarus government?
    If you are referring to the Belarus government you can see this has been discredited by the people who took the data that same government provided to the UN but didn't publish to their own people.

It also stands to reason that one country, among hundreds, couldn't have a different experience without an explanation.

How can you just pick and choose your own facts, and ignore all other sources of information that contradicts those 'facts'?
    Surely that is a rabbit hole that can lead you into a place with a shaky hold on reality?

Imagine for a minute that a real virus did show up in Ireland last March, and that it did have a mortality rate, and a hospitalisation rate, that made it a serious issue.
    What would you expect the official story to be?
    How would it be different to what has happened this last year?

As regards your being "open to many possibilities".
    I suspect the reason for this will be due to the information sources you consume,
    and their promoting a particular view of the world, including Bill Gates conspiracy theories, and that masks are bad, etc!

The only way out of something like that is to fact check these things for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Less than half the deaths we have had and they have 11 million people there.

Sorry I missed the obvious take on this earlier.

With a population now of 9.5M, something "completely unrelated" to the pandemic happened to reduce the population by 1.5M over the last 12 months. :pac:

I regurguate the news, what happened in Belarus to cause the deaths of those 1.5 million people?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

What I find fascinating is that they were calling it 'new normal' a month after the pandemic started. Like they knew it would go on forever. Tell me that isn't suspicious. Prove me wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

BigAndy21 wrote: »
    What I find fascinating is that they were calling it 'new normal' a month after the pandemic started. Like they knew it would go on forever. Tell me that isn't suspicious. Prove me wrong!

Pandemics don’t disappear over night. So using the phrase ‘new normal’ was basically trying to on get through to people like you that it will be a while before covid is gone/barely significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Days. It was days.

Who was calling it the 'new normal'?

Unless they only meant for the duration of the virus, which would make a bit of sense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Hospitals are asking people to despose of used face masks as general waste and not as clinical/biohazard waste. If this virus is so deadly and infectious why aren't masks considered bio hazard waste?

GT89 wrote: »
    Hospitals are asking people to despose of used face masks as general waste and not as clinical/biohazard waste. If this virus is so deadly and infectious why aren't masks considered bio hazard waste?

I'd invite you to check that out for yourself (if in fact it's accurate), rather than just leaving it as a hanging question that is suggesting something else.

Please come back with what you find,
    as there will be a good explanation,
    and you just have to look or dig into it to find out!!

Do you actually know hospital waste policies?

What's "going on forever"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Because every doctor, nurse, administrator, security guard, manager and cleaning person in every hospital in every country throughout the world are part of a huge conspiracy that no other person knows about. Except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You tell us.
    You are clearly hinting at something, so why not state it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I heard there are zero cases of covid in North Korea, so the most successful country in the world at avoiding it. Like Belarus, no news is good news when it comes to reporting covid related deaths.

• Advertisement

I heard there are zero cases of covid in North Korea, so the most successful country in the world at avoiding it. Like Belarus, no news is good news when it comes to reporting covid related deaths.

Tanzania actually prayed covid away!! We should all try that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

Timberrrrrr
    "Tanzania actually prayed covid away!! We should all try that"
    Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Anyway Dave Cullen has outlined here why these state population control measures (masks, social distancing, restrictions on travel internal and external, destruction of local businesses churches and community structures, and constant requirement for new vaccines) are basically forever:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxpMddbwYQU .
    As he points out, you have been conned but now you have to just accept that and move forward. He calls then for mass disobedience but what form does that take exactly? What I would ask is that people come to Dublin for the mass protests against all this which are been organised for St Patrick's Day.

Basically you must fight for your freedom's now, they are not coming back unless you do so. Our ancestor's did so 100 ago these months, fighting against a tyrannous government, now you have to do the same.

http://www.orwellianireland.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

brianhere wrote: »
    Anyway Dave Cullen has outlined here why these state population control measures (masks, social distancing, restrictions on travel internal and external, destruction of local businesses churches and community structures, and constant requirement for new vaccines) are basically forever:

What is the benefit to governments to have their population under these restrictions permanently?

Basically you must fight for your freedom's now, they are not coming back unless you do so. Our ancestor's did so 100 ago these months, fighting against a tyrannous government, now you have to do the same.

Evidence that our freedom is at risk please.

You did the Irish version of Godwinning the thread there. Two complete,y different situations. You are comparing the British Empires control of Ireland to the way the Irish government is handling a pandemic? Does the cloud you are living on have an eircode?

Timberrrrrr

As he points out, you have been conned but now you have to just accept that and move forward. He calls then for mass disobedience but what form does that take exactly? What I would ask is that people come to Dublin for the mass protests against all this which are been organised for St Patrick's Day.

So numbers are coming down, restrictions are being eased (which is what everyone wants right?) So this gobshìte decides to hold a "mass protest"? Anyone willing to guess the % of the people attending who will be maskless?

It's as if they want the numbers to go back up so they can continue to post these conspiracies, I wonder how much they are making from the gullible?

Timberrrrrr

Dear brianhere, do you realise that Dave Cullen is using the same footage of Leo Varadkar as was in that other youtube video a few weeks ago, which we deconstructed here?

So this is not new footage, but old footage, warmed up after yesterdays announcements, and made to look like this was said yesterday. It's also cleverly edited to make it seem he's saying something different to what he actually said.
    Do you notice we are not shown the question he's responding to?

I don't have time to look at it all now, will do that tonight.

Can I ask you if you care about the truth at all?
    If you were shown that this is misleading and false, would you care?
    Do you believe telling lies is justified if it's for the cause you believe in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Timberrrrrr

You shouldn't waste your precious life believing this kind of stuff.

Timberrrrrr

I can think of much better ways to waste time, at least those activities are a little productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

We see talks of this vaccine passport being rolled out in the West which is a means to strong arm people into taking the vaccine and also a mechanism to use to futher control peoples behaviours on mass.

So whoever controls this vaccine passport controls the majority of people who will comply and believe that it's their to protect them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

NaFirinne wrote: »
    which is a means to strong arm people into taking the vaccine
    Why?
    NaFirinne wrote: »
    and also a mechanism to use to futher control peoples behaviours on mass.
    Such as?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement