Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I find what brianhere wrote to be persuasive.
    He gives and outlines the various reasons he believes the government is placing restrictions on the Irish people.
    Ok, so you have indeed flip floped again and now do believe there is a conspiracy.
    When you previously said there was no conspiracy, were you just not convinced until you read the first post in this thread?
    There's no gaping hole in his hypothesis, as far as I can see. Ask brianhere what he thinks the government has to gain by forcing people to wear masks.
    Why not just tell me what you believe the government has to gain by forcing people to wear masks?

Again, you must have an answer for this if you don't believe there's a gaping plot hole in his bizarre conspiracy.

So what's the answer you came up with?
    If you don't have an answer, please just say so.

Also, you have again avoided commenting on the other examples of conspiracy theories we've been pointing to that are completely without foundation or logic.
    In particular this example that crops up early in the thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114713560&postcount=42
    Do you also find this conspiracy theory convincing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well, the idea of permanent masks horrifies me, but to each their own.

That's a good question. Why is it that the government is completely relaxed about the banjaxed economy? I don't know why. Why do you think they are very relaxed about the dire economic situation of the country?

It is not the masks which is scary, its the reason for why we'd need to still be wearing them. Do you think that a pandemic would be a good reason to have mask wearing requirements?
    Or do you think there is another reason for continuing with mask wearing? Do you think there will be mask wearing requirements if there is no pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I find what brianhere wrote to be persuasive. He gives and outlines the various reasons he believes the government is placing restrictions on the Irish people. There's no gaping hole in his hypothesis, as far as I can see. Ask brianhere what he thinks the government has to gain by forcing people to wear masks.

That poster believes Covid is a secret ruse to implant Communists in power all over the world, including Ireland.

He has never addressed any questions properly about it nor has provided any coherent answer. As mentioned, no conspiracy theorists in this thread have ever explained why we would be wearing masks forever, they just allude to it but always dodge the questions.

Why would you entertain this extraordinary Communist plot conspiracy that makes utterly no sense and has no evidence?

1. People all around the world are wearing masks to reduce the spread of a virus. Once the virus goes then widespread masks will no longer be needed. This is backed by facts and science.

2. It's all a secret plot to install Communists in power

"Number 2 sounds plausible to me"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And if restaurants, bars etc were open they people would have to wear them in them as well.

Voluntary wearing of masks would be okay with me.

Except this has only been stated by yourself, there is no evidence for this claim other than your own irrational "fear" of it happening.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    It is not the masks which is scary, its the reason for why we'd need to still be wearing them. Do you think that a pandemic would be a good reason to have mask wearing requirements?
    Or do you think there is another reason for continuing with mask wearing? Do you think there will be mask wearing requirements if there is no pandemic?

I hope there won't be, but I fear there will be. That's based on the shift from 'back to normal' to 'back to some semblance of normality'. Masks anywhere is not 'back to normal' for me.

Except this has only been stated by yourself, there is no evidence for this claim other than your own irrational "fear" of it happening.

So masks would be required in shops, the post office, banks, and on all forms of public transport, but not in restaurants or bars?

I hope there won't be, but I fear there will be. That's based on the shift from 'back to normal' to 'back to some semblance of normality'. Masks anywhere is not 'back to normal' for me.
    You keep dodging questions man.
    Why?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you fear that the virus will be the reason for continuing restrictions, or is there some other non pandemic related reasons for the restrictions?

Is there a conspiracy or not?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    1. People all around the world are wearing masks to reduce the spread of a virus. Once the virus goes then widespread masks will no longer be needed. This is backed by facts and science.

2. It's all a secret plot to install Communists in power

"Number 2 sounds plausible to me"

Perhaps the OP read this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/lc1kp1/flatten_the_curve_part_82_peter_theil_klaus/

"Alexander King, the then-leader of the Club of Rome, evaluated the program's results to also mean that nation-states will lose their sovereignty, forecasting a New World Order with corporations managing everything."

The poster on reddit provides sources.

Is he talking out of his hat?

• Advertisement

Do you fear that the virus will be the reason for continuing restrictions, or is there some other non pandemic related reasons for the restrictions?

Is there a conspiracy or not?

I don't know. But when I read things like this on reddit it doesn't put my mind at ease: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/lc1kp1/flatten_the_curve_part_82_peter_theil_klaus/

I don't like talk of a 'semblance of normality'.

Perhaps the OP read this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/lc1kp1/flatten_the_curve_part_82_peter_theil_klaus/

"Alexander King, the then-leader of the Club of Rome, evaluated the program's results to also mean that nation-states will lose their sovereignty, forecasting a New World Order with corporations managing everything."

You are now trying to deflect and change the topic because you've painted yourself into a corner with your previous posts.

You are now once again contradicting your previous posts where you claimed there was no conspiracy. You are now saying there is a conspiracy.

This is dishonest.

Please stop ignoring the questions put to you.
    If you cannot do this then at least explain your dishonest behaviour.

So masks would be required in shops, the post office, banks, and on all forms of public transport, but not in restaurants or bars?

Says who? You are the only one claiming this, care to show evidence for the claim?

He's talking complete drivel. "Providing sources" doesn't mean anything when the sources are nonsense.

Can you seriously not tell the difference?

When you read about reptilians in control, the illuminati, etc, do you also automatically believe that stuff?

Here's a simple challenge for you. Let's say the pandemic ends fully in e.g. 3 months, but local TD's want their constituents to wear masks "forever", explain what their plan is and why we have to wear masks "forever" according to them?

If you can't, in your wildest imagination, explain that scenario, then why do you believe it's a possibility?

I don't know. But when I read things like this on reddit it doesn't put my mind at ease: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/lc1kp1/flatten_the_curve_part_82_peter_theil_klaus/

What on earth has any of that nonsense got to do with if you personally think if the virus is still going to be around in another year or so and might be a reason for some continued mask wearing or social distancing?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    He's talking complete drivel. "Providing sources" doesn't mean anything when the sources are nonsense.

Can you seriously not tell the difference?

When you read about reptilians in control, the illuminati, etc, do you also automatically believe that stuff?

Here's a simple challenge for you. Let's say the pandemic ends fully in e.g. 3 months, but local TD's want their constituents to wear masks "forever", explain what their plan is and why we have to wear masks "forever" according to them?

If you can't, in your wildest imagination, explain that scenario, then why do you believe it's a possibility?

What's wrong with his sources?

And what about what Alexander King said about corporations managing everything? Doesn't this article describe just that: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/9/great-reset-corporate-communism-and-its-coming-ame/

Because once you start talking about potential variants then all measures become de facto permanent. Because there could be a potential variant 10 years down the road, 20 years down the road.

What on earth has any of that nonsense got to do with if you personally think if the virus is still going to be around in another year or so and might be a reason for some continued mask wearing or social distancing?

I don't know why it's nonsense, but my fear is that the measures will be de facto permanent because of talk of potential variants. Potential could mean 10 years down the road.

Says who? You are the only one claiming this, care to show evidence for the claim?

I think you're misunderstanding me. Masks are currently mandatory in all indoor spaces that are open. I imagine that if cafés, cinemas, bars, clubs and restaurants ever open again then they will be required in those places as well. it wouldn't make much sense for them to be mandatory in some indoor spaces, but not in others.

I think you're misunderstanding me. Masks are currently mandatory in all indoor spaces that are open. I imagine that if cafés, cinemas, bars, clubs and restaurants ever open again then they will be required in those places as well. it wouldn't make much sense for them to be mandatory in some indoor spaces, but not in others.

Currently being the operative word here.

Also not mandatory In ALL indoor spaces, I'm currently sitting at home mask free.

Also not mandatory In ALL indoor spaces, I'm currently sitting at home mask free.

Yes, but as I explained in other posts talk of potential variants means they could become de facto permanent.

In all indoor spaces apart from the home so.

• Advertisement

Yes, but as I explained in other posts talk of potential variants means they could become de facto permanent.

No, it really doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

Nphet are now pushing for school kids as young as 4 to wear masks all day in class.
    Across the pond Microsoft just released an advert for Daily Pass Certificates for schools. The child wont be allowed enter school without vaccines up to date and regular tests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Don't waste your time poster; note how every single genuine person like yourself gets subjected to the same sh1t from the same 2 or 3 people and just abandons the thread in frustration. It's against the forum charter and against the spirit of the site in general-I even complained to a c-mod about it but nothing happened.
    The goal here is open-minded, open-ended conversation, not derision and ridicule of contributors

This a good site covering topics I think you're interested in:

https://www.technocracy.news/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

And ohh look at that. 0 child deaths. Sounds completely normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

I find what brianhere wrote to be persuasive. He gives and outlines the various reasons he believes the government is placing restrictions on the Irish people. There's no gaping hole in his hypothesis, as far as I can see.

But his hypothesis is nothing but gaping holes!!

The biggest gaping hole is that it is written from the point of view of someone who didn't know there was a nasty virus in circulation, or didn't believe it, and who then tries to come up with alternative explanations for the measures put in place to reduce Covid transmission, and ignores the blindingly obvious.

Because schools and other places have spent some money in facilitating hand sanitisation and social distancing means we can't revert to normal!
    This is nonsense!

His refers to "the hype about TB " and how the TB eradication scheme is used by the government to control agriculture.
    Again nonsense, TB is a contagious disease in cattle, and it's only thanks to a well organised scheme down the years that it's been kept under control, though not yet fully eradicated.

Extra security restrictions introduced after 9/11 are not necessary now that the scare has died down!
    So he thinks that the types of people who did Locherbie, and downed other planes, and flew planes into the world trade centre, and those who were less successful and were caught, these have all gone away!
    Clearly nonsense.

Re covid he says "These measures are being rolled out precisely because they have huge social and population control advantages for the state, hence they are only piggy backing on the virus to do what they have all along planned to do, and hence have no intention of ever releasing you in the future from their newly introduced grip."
    Sorry, but that is delusional (or designed to manipulate the gullible)!

When the virus becomes less of a problem, for eg., when most people have been vaccinated, why would all these measures not stop?

And who are 'they'? Ireland it governed by our own government, who we elect. If we don't like what the government does we can put in a new government, and you can even run for the dail yourself!

You possibly sincerely believe the nonsense that the op wrote, and if you do I can only say that you're worrying yourself unnecessarily.
    There are other more mundane real things to be concerned about, but not what the op was saying.

So if there are variants which vaccines have zero effect on is that a conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Speculation. And not very likely speculation. So far you have posted one guy, who you misquoted, who said occasional mask wearing may be here until 2022.

Apart from vague feelings do you have anything concrete to post?

BigAndy21 wrote: »
    Nphet are now pushing for school kids as young as 4 to wear masks all day in class.
    Across the pond Microsoft just released an advert for Daily Pass Certificates for schools. The child wont be allowed enter school without vaccines up to date and regular tests.

I thank God every day that my school days are long behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

If you think that masks provide no benefit in reducing the spread of covid,
    then you could infer there was an ulterior motive for wanting people to wear them.

However the fact is that even the low tech cloth masks do contribute to cutting down transmission,
    so you would be mistaken.

It's the virus that is controlling us, not the government. The government is reacting to it, on our behalf.
    If we get control of the virus, for eg. through vaccination, and it's no longer a danger to a large number of people, then of course restrictions can be eased.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement