If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with inputs

Options
  • 10-09-2020 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I didn't think I'd be posting here so soon after I got new LG 48CX. No output from Sky Box. See symbol on HDMI 3 - not sure what it means. Any time I switch box on, signal to working ports is killed and I need a hard power off/on.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi guys. I didn't think I'd be posting here so soon after I got new LG 48CX. No output from Sky Box. See symbol on HDMI 3 - not sure what it means. Any time I switch box on, signal to working ports is killed and I need a hard power off/on.

Hi Mountjoy Mugger,

That's the first I've heard of that one!

It sounds like it could be a settings issue with the Sky Box if it's the only thing causing the issue. Is the cable you're using directional from the Sky box to the TV?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Hi Mountjoy Mugger,

It sounds like it could be a settings issue with the Sky Box if it's the only thing causing the issue. Is the cable you're using directional from the Sky box to the TV?

Kind regards

David

I'm using 8k Ultra cables. I got them to rule out my other HDMI cables to see if they were the problem.

The symbol in the bottom right of the image is what I'm curious about. I've tried researching it, but with no luck. I'm getting nowhere with either. Doing a hard power down is a nuisance as socket is behind the wall-mounted TV.

Hi Mountjoy Mugger,

Kind regards

David

I'm using 8k Ultra cables. I got them to rule out my other HDMI cables to see if they were the problem.

The symbol in the bottom right of the image is what I'm curious about. I've tried researching it, but with no luck. I'm getting nowhere with either. Doing a hard power down is a nuisance as socket is behind the wall-mounted TV.
    Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Have you tried another source in that HDMI and the SKy box in HDMI 1 or 2 to see if it still happens?

If another source work on the HDMI then it points towards the Sky box.

What brand of cables are you using?

Kenny.

Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Have you tried another source in that HDMI and the SKy box in HDMI 1 or 2 to see if it still happens?

Kenny.

I plugged a Firestick into HDMI 3 (where Sky Box was) - not picked up. I plugged the Sky Box into HDMI 1 where the working Firestick was initially, recognized but no output to screen.

I've tried new 8k cables. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081NXV3ZR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share One of these is taking care of my Monitor Audio ASB-2 on ARC without issue. I also tried three older HDMI cables that had worked perfectly on my old Panasonic.

I'll try a TV reset sometime over the weekend.

Luckily, Freesat and Saorview channels are coming in without issue along with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Kenny.

I plugged a Firestick into HDMI 3 (where Sky Box was) - not picked up.  I plugged the Sky Box into HDMI 1 where the working Firestick was initially,  recognized but no output to screen.

I've tried new 8k cables. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081NXV3ZR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share One of these is taking care of my Monitor Audio ASB-2 on ARC without issue. I also tried three older HDMI cables that had worked perfectly on my old Panasonic.

Luckily, Freesat and Saorview channels are coming in without issue along with Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    Hey Mountjoy Mugger.

It does sound like something isn't right if the Firestick works in HDMI 1 but then not HDMI 3.

However it is strange that the Skybox does still not work in HDMI 1 where the firestick did, as the HDMI must be working if the firestick works on it.

I'll post you out a free Audioquest HDMI that we always recommend to our customers and see if this makes any difference.

If you drop me the address you purchased under I will sort that on Monday for you.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Kenny.

I plugged a Firestick into HDMI 3 (where Sky Box was) - not picked up.  I plugged the Sky Box into HDMI 1 where the working Firestick was initially,  recognized but no output to screen.

Hey Mountjoy Mugger.

It does sound like something isn't right if the Firestick works in HDMI 1 but then not HDMI 3.

However it is strange that the Skybox does still not work in HDMI 1 where the firestick did, as the HDMI must be working if the firestick works on it.

I'll post you out a free Audioquest HDMI that we always recommend to our customers and see if this makes any difference.

If you drop me the address you purchased under I will sort that on Monday for you.

Kenny.
    PM'd. Thanks lads.

Hi Mountjoy Mugger.

Kenny.

Hey Mountjoy Mugger.

Kenny.
    PM'd. Thanks lads.
    Cheers Mountjoy Mugger.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.