Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get a hold of a builder at all

Options
  • 10-09-2020 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Been emailing and calling companies to try get quotes in strengthening joists and quotes for future work on my house (such as removing walls) but no answer by phone or email. Starting to think I’m blacklisted for an unknown reason!!!

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Thought construction industry etc was back after COVID

Parent always said August was the worst time to try get a builder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Idonotknow wrote: »
    Been emailing and calling companies to try get quotes in strengthening joists and quotes for future work on my house (such as removing walls) but no answer by phone or email. Starting to think I’m blacklisted for an unknown reason!!!

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Thought construction industry etc was back after COVID

Parent always said August was the worst time to try get a builder

Where are you looking for? We're doing a renovation in Dublin and our builder said he's booked up until next year. Judging by the number of skips and building sites around they all seem very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

I waited 6 months for a builder to start a job for me last year once we agreed pricing and spec - it's a sellers market out there

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Idonotknow

I don’t mind waiting, not even able to get a quote or booked in for the future is the problem!

Looking to get all the 1st floor joists fixed/strengthened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Idonotknow wrote: »
    I don’t mind waiting, not even able to get a quote or booked in for the future is the problem!

Looking to get all the 1st floor joists fixed/strengthened

Quiet possible its the scope of work also .
    No builder is going to make a call on structural work
    Unless you have a detailed engineering's proposal to work and quote off

Advertisement