Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Power ripoff?

Options
  • 10-09-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I recently moved into a house share with two others. The electricity provider is Prepay Power. I have rented a few places before and the electricity bills seemed to be reasonable. But now I'm paying €10 per week for electricity. I'm just there Mon-Thur evenings as I work during the day and go home at weekends so I'm not using very much electricity really anyway. So the 3 of us pay €10 per week. So in total the electricity bill is €120 per month then. Is this not very excessive? That's nearly €5 per day on electricity. I was in a house share last year and my share for electricity/Sky+broadband was €35 and I was sharing with 3 others. Can you get landlord to change provider or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Joey321

Pre pay is the most expensive way of paying, the reason why they say you can save money is if you don't have you electricity turned on, total rip off, landlords seem to prefer this method as some have been left with large bills before.

Advertisement