Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon v Cube

Options
  • 10-09-2020 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi

i'm currently window shopping for a new bike and have kind of whittled it down to two bikes : not sure if purchase will be this year or next.

- Canyon Endurance cf sl disc 8.0 Di2 - e3299 approx

- Cube Agree C:62 SL disc Di2 - e3200 approx

comparison -

https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=cube-agree-c62-sl-2021;*z.56cm|w.700,canyon-endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0-di2-2020

in the comparison the cube is priced in euro and canyon is dollars - canyon is more pricey but seems to have a much better wheelset.

any thoughts on these two - i like the look of the cube FWIW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You seem to be comparing the wrong bikes. When I look on the site I see the Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 for 3299€. There is an Aero version for 4299€ which seems to have upgraded carbon wheels and integrated aero handlebars.

There doesn't seem to be a big difference in the Cube and Canyon at 3299€. The huge advantage of the Cube is you can buy it from a bike shop

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi

i'm currently window shopping for a new bike and have kind of whittled it down to two bikes : not sure if purchase will be this year or next.

- Canyon Endurance cf sl disc 8.0 Di2 - e4299 approx

- Cube Agree C:62 SL disc Di2 - e3200 approx

comparison -

https://99spokes.com/compare?bikes=cube-agree-c62-sl-2021;*z.56cm|w.700,canyon-endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0-di2-2020

in the comparison the cube is priced in euro and canyon is dollars - canyon is more pricey but seems to have a much better wheelset.

any thoughts on these two - i like the look of the cube FWIW.

Im not going to help you decide but add to your list vitus just released the new vitesse evo and looks absolutely savage for the price.
    https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2021-vitus-vitesse-evo/

Superlight for the price and take into account they usally sell for 10% less than their rrp

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

I've just purchased the canyon cf sl endurace Di2 8.0 ,shes a beaut .Theres really good spec for what you pay .it took me a while to assemble mind you (I'm not that mechanically minded and was afraid of botching it up )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

1100 euro is a massive difference. If you'd be happy with either then take the Cube and pocket the saving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

fat bloke wrote: »
    1100 euro is a massive difference. If you'd be happy with either then take the Cube and pocket the saving!!
    looks like i got the price for the canyon incorrect, it's more like e3300.

so close enough between both bikes in terms of price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

who_ru wrote: »
    looks like i got the price for the canyon incorrect, it's more like e3300.

so close enough between both bikes in terms of price.
    You are correct ,the aero version is 4300

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

In that case canyon all the way based on the weight. Imo they're both too heavy for that kind of money but that's the way of the aero disk bike unfortunately. But the Canyon is significantly lighter at 0.4 of a kilogram. Canyon also has that pro-peloton kudos.

Is the Canyon available in any other colour schemes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

In that case canyon all the way based on the weight. Imo they're both too heavy for that kind of money but that's the way of the aero disk bike unfortunately. But the Canyon is significantly lighter at 0.4 of a kilogram. Canyon also has that pro-peloton kudos.

How comparable are the weights ? Same size frame ? Fully loaded?

Mine is blue, which is what made me choose it over the equivalent Cube. Very little to choose between the two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭youtheman

The comparison website shows the Cube as rim brakes, even though the photos shows disk brakes. Need to double check this.

Regarding geometry, the Canyon has a bigger 'stack' and smaller 'reach', so it is less aggressive than the Cube (i.e. you'll be sitting more upright in the saddle).

• Advertisement

With the cycling ireland discount, the Cube is less than €2,800 at cycle superstore. Last years model though.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=139745

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

All of my bikes have been last years' models, that is where you get the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

youtheman wrote: »
    The comparison website shows the Cube as rim brakes, even though the photos shows disk brakes. Need to double check this.

Regarding geometry, the Canyon has a bigger 'stack' and smaller 'reach', so it is less aggressive than the Cube (i.e. you'll be sitting more upright in the saddle).
    i saw that alright, good spot. the bike is probably available with both rim or disc brakes, personally id rather disc. the cube agree, while endurance, is more race orientated than the canyon in terms of geometry. the auld back needs protecting these days, i'm late forties, so endurance set ups in general appeal more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Being very general here, but I've owned both a new Cube & a new Canyon in the last year or so. The Canyon is/was by far the better bike of the two.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Aegir wrote: »
    With the cycling ireland discount, the Cube is less than €2,800 at cycle superstore. Last years model though.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=139745

You'd be wise to not give this shower a cent. I had a hellish time with them with a E bike, where they misdiagnosed the problem on at least 5 occasions, and billed me for work I never asked for. I got a second opinion from Bikeology and they seen the issue within seconds, and they were right. I also bought a second hand bike from them last summer, where they stated that all parts that needed replacing were replaced before sale, yet when I brought it to another mechanic there was over 200 in repairs needed.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Advertisement