Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two vodafone numbers - will one do?

Options
  • 10-09-2020 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have two Vodafone numbers and accounts.
    One is my phone and it's bill pay.
    The other is my for my home broadband which is Vodafone 4G (it's the best I can get unless I switch to Imagine).

As my new phone plan has unlimited downloads (speed limited to 10MB) I am starting to wonder why I am paying for the 4G home broadband which has a download limit per month (speeds better though).

Does anyone else run their home broadband from their phone? My particular issue is reception and my vodafone router works great as I can leave it at the window where signal is good. Not a great option for the phone and I don't want it plugged in all day either but to save 40 euro a month... maybe when I need to steam netflix or download a game on ps..

I assume gaming pings would be the same as it's the same network and it's not the router v phone that determines that.

So just curious about options as it seems madness to be paying for two vodafone numbers when I potentially get the similar benefit from one?

Am I missing a trick? Using the phone as a hotspot would do the same thing and is there anyway of somehow getting a duplicate sim to put in my vodafone router so that is pulls data from the same account which has unlimited downloads? Surely that's the way to go but probably not something Vodafone would allow?..... even though technically hotspots are doing the same thing!

Advertisement