Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wouldn't argue if they asked us dubs to stick to our own country for a few weeks.

I'd even happily go along with a 5km radius restriction, although that may be a lot less effective than before with schools now open.

It's a warm weekend coming from the looks of things and we all have country homes to retreat to

Ye all go on about how great Dublin is yet can't wait to get out of it as soon as the sun comes out. Irony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any statement from September 10th from NPHET? Age, county breakdown, transmission methods etc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just a question about a potential Dublin lockdown - what would happen to the airport/Bus Éireann/Irish Rail? Would they reroute the flights and duspend all public transpory, does amyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Any particular reason for declaring the percentage of cases under 45 every day or is it just finger wagging?

That's a 12.5% increase!

It’s actually a 14.2% increase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Go back to school, basic maths isn't a strong point for you my friend.

Can you elaborate on what is wrong with 7+1 being 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

El Sueño wrote: »
    Any particular reason for declaring the percentage of cases under 45 every day or is it just finger wagging?

The same reason the don't (and haven't for a while) give the age of the people who are dying. It doesn't fit their narrative.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

What has asymptomatic got to do with anything, asymptomatic people aren't going for testing unless it's compulsory through work or there a close contact. OP has all the symptoms of a cold they picked up form a toddler who had a cold which was confirmed by a doctor. Now he's blocking two people with actual unexplainable symptoms from getting a test.
    The other poster above needs that test to get access to help asap. Can you not see the problem with self diagnosis and misinterpreting the HSE advice, I know there trying to do the right thing but in this case it's the wrong thing it's blocking access for people who need it.

I'm not anti mask, I'm not anti testing. Why would you think i'm totally against both in all situations. It's a very wrong assumption.

Because we've all seen your posts, and the site has a handy search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What's the average waiting time for results this weather ?

Fairly anxious here, got tested at 12 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

akelly02 wrote: »

Kinda linked - when getting texted with an appointment, do you just get the texts between 9-530 or could I still get texted tonight? Got referred at 930 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I got tested due to having a hospital appointment, they told me that no news is good news, if I don't hear back continue to hospital, I never got a result, I presume the hospital did.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bsloepro

I got tested on the 28th August. My results were sent on the 8 September and I got them on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Posters have reported 31-48 hours recently but I guess that could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

El Sueño wrote: »

There's a train of thought that's says let it fly in the under 45's as their least likely to develop severe symptoms and it will provide immunity for the rest of the population. Were taking the complete opposite approach.

You'd have to stop betting on a vaccine before you can have a sensible debate about it though.

Sweden tried it...we half tried it and panicked into lockdown, looks like they were right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

New Home wrote: »
    Just a question about a potential Dublin lockdown - what would happen to the airport/Bus Éireann/Irish Rail? Would they reroute the flights and duspend all public transpory, does amyone know?

Very unlikely. They didn't do anything like that in Kildare re: transport links or routes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

New Home wrote: »

Government have already said there not going to lockdown Dublin, there just going to restrict the amount of visitors to peoples homes anything extra which I dont think there will be goes along with the medium term roadmap announced next Tuesday.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Do you remember (Djumember) way back when it was supposedly fewer women got Covid? Ireland's figures generally seem to have the same ratio or even more women..

Way back wasn't it just the Chinese with their ' wet markets ' ?
    And all the smoking stereotypical males affected , as far as we knew then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Go back to school, basic maths isn't a strong point for you my friend.

Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Iqs4RO.jpg
    2zX4AE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I'd say the people and some business small non essential business owners in Laois, offaly and kildare are fcuking raging. The problem in them counties were outbreaks in meat plants and direct provision centres. Then the government hammered down with a lockdown on them 3 counties. Now the numbers are climbing in Dublin and NPHET are concerned about Limerick too and they do sweet fcuk all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

73% increase on the previous 7 days.

Approaching squeaky bum time.

If that rate of growth doesn't decline rapidily.

It will be 300+ cases a day next week and 500+ a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bsloepro wrote: »
    I got tested on the 28th August. My results were sent on the 8 September and I got them on the 9th.

So 48 hours from test to result is bs, we need the testing and resulting sorted as some waiting for long periods

is_that_so wrote: »
    Posters have reported 31-48 hours recently but I guess that could be longer.

Seems to be growing. The few tests I heard of last week were in the 24 to 48 hour range. This week it’s pushing over the 48 hours in many cases and getting towards 72. Every single one I have heard about has been negative

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So 48 hours from test to result is bs, we need the testing and resulting sorted as some waiting for long periods

Wife had a test yesterday at 1645.
    Said 72 hours. Results came back at 1730 today, 25 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I had a problem with my boiler earlier today, it had stopped emitting heat entirely, so I rang the plumber and he finally called over just about an hour ago.

"I think it might be a burst pipe, could you take a look?"

The plumber examined the boiler thoroughly. He told me he'd discovered a relatively trivial problem with a part not working. I was relieved.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's just the flue bro"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What ever happened to the a&e consultant who used to post here and do the occasional q&a?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

New York wont be fooled again

What are they doing in New York now that Madrid is not, do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Considering the rumours about the increase in cases in Limerick are due to a 'native population' and that them seem to be immune to criticism, I am not surprised it has spread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement