Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Considering the rumours about the increase in cases in Limerick are due to a 'native population' and that them seem to be immune to criticism, I am not surprised it has spread

I can't understand why this is not relayed in the media. They have no problem reporting outbreaks in meat plants and DP but no one has the cajones to report that there is a serious outbreak amongst our cultured friends in Rathkeale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

So moving on from meeting max of 6 people to limit contacts as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

growleaves wrote: »
    I had a problem with my boiler earlier today, it had stopped emitting heat entirely, so I rang the plumber and he finally called over just about an hour ago.

"I think it might be a burst pipe, could you take a look?"

The plumber examined the boiler thoroughly. He told me he'd discovered a relatively trivial problem with a part not working. I was relieved.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's just the flue bro"

It's nice to get good news like that, and an honest plumber :) I had a similar problem a month ago. Called a plumber 'oh it's fcuked, you need a new one'. Got a second opinion and it just needed a good service!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'd say the people and some business small non essential business owners in Laois, offaly and kildare are fcuking raging. The problem in them counties were outbreaks in meat plants and direct provision centres. Then the government hammered down with a lockdown on them 3 counties. Now the numbers are climbing in Dublin and NPHET are concerned about Limerick too and they do sweet fcuk all.

Klidare is about one sixth the population of Dublin.

So 100 cases in Kildare is 600 in Dublin, we haven't got near that daily number for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    So moving on from meeting max of 6 people to limit contacts as much as possible

I really do wonder how much of the message gets through now. I felt all Covid out this morning. Reading the poster on here who was very ill with it and his children did a lot to wake me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus, if Carlsberg did absolute desperation.

Poor man pleading from his office at 8 o'clock on a Friday evening.

Now now, Ronan, you have been told we have to wait for the nonsensical document next week before we can do anything about the virus which is approaching a doubling effect.

You're scaring the bay-jaysus out of people.

I must get a book out to read about the flu pandemic 1918/19 in Dublin. (I'm a glutton for misery!).

It really must have ripped through the poorer people in areas like the tenements. Strumpet City like.

I wonder are the homeless more vulnerable or does being outdoors help? Most of us have a lot to be thankful for but we're bogged down in the smaller stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can't understand why this is not relayed in the media. They have no problem reporting outbreaks in meat plants and DP but no one has the cajones to report that there is a serious outbreak amongst our cultured friends in Rathkeale

Like the crime epidemic among them, brushed under the carpet while trying to be PC

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

dashoonage wrote: »
    how long are we looking for test results these days ? 48hrs?

i got tested 3pm on a thursday,got the call from them sunday so yeah 3 days give or take,same with the family here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

There's a crossover of symptoms between colds and covid and I suppose flu too. I know in Australia, people (students and teachers) were not allowed to go to school with cold symptoms. They have a wider covid symptom base too and they include sore throat in the covid symptoms. People had to stay off schools until 48 hours after symptoms pass or tested and received a negative result.

We are doing things differently here. Children are allowed to go to school with sniffles and colds. Colds and flus probably won't be stamped out as much here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Graphic showing that social distancing in the southern hemisphere has all but eliminated the flu season...

That would be most welcome, fingers crossed that pans out here ... what's strange is that it didn't eliminate the typical back to school sniffles.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'd say the people and some business small non essential business owners in Laois, offaly and kildare are fcuking raging. The problem in them counties were outbreaks in meat plants and direct provision centres. Then the government hammered down with a lockdown on them 3 counties. Now the numbers are climbing in Dublin and NPHET are concerned about Limerick too and they do sweet fcuk all.

Yeah see that's the big problem. If they don't put Dublin into lockdown and say couple of months later they're trying to lockdown Cork they'll be told to go fcuk.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Goldengirl wrote: »
    What are they doing in New York now that Madrid is not, do you know?

If you click on the tweet you'll find it's a thread, and a really interesting one too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Will simliar happen here this winter?

Screenshot-20200911-201533-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I haven't the foggiest to be honest.

More compliant public perhaps since the poopshow in the spring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Boggles wrote: »

Now now, Ronan, you have been told we have to wait for the nonsensical document next week before we can do anything about the virus which is approaching a doubling effect.

He looks and sounds very concerned. Some prats just aren't getting the message unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    I must get a book out to read about the flu pandemic 1918/19 in Dublin. (I'm a glutton for misery!).
    It really must have ripped through the poorer people in areas like the tenements. Strumpet City like.
    I wonder are the homeless more vulnerable or does being outdoors help? Most of us have a lot to be thankful for but we're bogged down in the smaller stuff.

This is worth a read on TB:
    https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0323/1124818-ireland-tb-epidemic-coronavirus/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

He'll be wandering the streets next wearing a fake nose and mustache, warning anyone that will talk to him that they shouldn't be talking to him and to go home alone.

Poor man

Funny the way initially RTE was dominated by church and government.

In many ways it hasn't changed. It really has become an arm of the state again. I've been tuning in to the returned Fair City. It's hand washing, Covid talking, pontificating from start to finish. The News and the likes of George Lee. It's Friday evening and some light entertainment would be nice. But no, we'll have the Late Late to keep any happy weekend thoughts at bay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

He'll be wandering the streets next wearing a fake nose and mustache, warning anyone that will talk to him that they shouldn't be talking to him and to go home alone.

Poor man

Looks like a bloke trying to do what he believes is right to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

He looks and sounds very concerned. Some prats just aren't getting the message unfortunately

I feel sorry for him, I get the feeling Fianna Fáil are basically going to refuse to do anything until hospitals are feeling the pressure so NPHET's advice at the moment isn't having any effect on the decision makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What ever happened to the a&e consultant who used to post here and do the occasional q&a?

The one saying we were all screwed and anyone catching it would be dead within 5 years from complications

I haven't the foggiest to be honest.

More compliant public perhaps since the poopshow in the spring?

It's all in the tweet.

They're testing everything that moves and opened much more cautiously

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Looks like a bloke trying to do what’s he believes is right to me.

Absolutely.

It's just that he's been reduced to pleading via social media because some FF pricks want him of the telly

Roots 2020 wrote: »

My grandfather developed Parkinsonism directly after being affected during the 1918 pandemic. Was one of the known long term effects in some individuals. Though it caused some disability it didn't shorten his life as it wasn't progressive, more likely a leftover from encephalitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Will simliar happen here this winter?

Screenshot-20200911-201533-2.png

Slight problem were already above a safe capacity, I think it was 96% capacity a few weeks ago, people already on trolleys, not covid or flu related. Maybe some of the people in the know here might have a current capacity figure

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

Might be the reason, maybe not depending on where they get their data from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

A strange take from that public message to Dublin. With all the young ones on social media nowadays its the best place to get the message across. Action is required now in Dublin instead of waiting for some published document. As ever the power is in peoples hands.

Speaking of Dublin this weekend the anti mask and restrictions loons have another protest planned. Hopefully the media give those attention seekers zero coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

If you click on the tweet you'll find it's a thread, and a really interesting one too

Completely different approaches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement