Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Boggles wrote: »
    Because I pointed out a fact?

Cool.

Where is the fact, I see a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

https://www.euronews.com/2020/09/19/new-restrictions-issued-in-madrid-as-covid-19-cases-in-spain-increase-by-14-000

Stay at home order announced in large parts of Madrid- 850,000 told not to leave neighbourhood other than for essential purposes - work ,school and medical.

No, not true unfortunately, are you using worldometer for your source ?
    Spain have changed the way they report data ..

I find El Pais are good ...
    https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-09-22/health-ministry-reports-31000-new-coronavirus-cases-detected-this-weekend-a-third-of-them-in-madrid.html

So last weekend increase 27k cases ... this weekend 31k ... so there is steady growth.

But I wish they wouldn't use cases as a metric , pointless at this stage.

Where is the facts they changed reporting.

Nothing other than your word for that.

Deaths are under 100 hundred every day despite massive numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was in Lidl Stillorgan early this morning. Woman shopping not wearing a mask. Normally there is some sort of security on the door. Not today.
    The woman was feasting on tasties from the bread/cake section as she walked around the shop. I am sure she paid for them when she got to the checkout though......

The horror she wasn't wearing a mask. Did you shout at her Shame! Shame! Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

What do you think happened? The virus just suddenly decided to stop spreading or rapidly changed?

It's obviously a mix of reporting changes with a dash of restrictions on top?

There's nothing else it could be unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your permission. :rolleyes:

Getting abit personal. Think you like bad news me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Don’t even bother, it’s like talking to the wall.
    If they don’t like what they see = “the study is flawed” “herd immunity, cant be true”
    All we hear is but but but but. Not worth it.

You're right, I should have thrown a few fictional characters in to make my opinion more valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

To be fair that's not true about the last bit, 7 day average of deaths in Spain is 116. It is still low compared to the caseload however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Think you like bad news me thinks.

Think you are getting a bit personal with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Record case numbers worldwide last week.
    But, deaths decreased by 10% on the previous week. The Americas deaths were down by 22% and Africa by 15%.

https://www.barrons.com/amp/news/world-sees-record-weekly-number-of-covid-19-cases-deaths-down-who-01600764904#click=https://t.co/CVdPhYOHNB

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    What do you think happened? The virus just suddenly decided to stop spreading or rapidly changed?

It's obviously a mix of reporting changes with a dash of restrictions on top?

There's nothing else it could be unfortunately.

Won't be replying to you anymore. This is my last reply.

Getting abit personal. Think you like bad news me thinks.

No I like accurate news, facts they used be called.

But you keep on trucking, marvelous!

Mad you can literally guess who’s going to be offended when ya post something on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

No I like accurate news, facts they used be called.

But you keep on trucking, marvelous!

Where are the facts that show covid cases in Spain are increasing?

Where are the facts that show covid cases in Spain are increasing?

Where did I claim that as a fact?

Based on data from the CEBM many scientists believe that Spain’s numbers are in fact relatively stable or decreasing, due to the way in which they report cases being flawed.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/is-covid-really-rising-in-spain-a-look-at-the-data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Of course extra restrictions. Might not be reason. Who knows?

Data are provisional and subject to change. From Sept. 16 onward, figures for daily new cases only include cases already validated by the Ministry of Health in the daily PDF report. Since the validation process takes time to complete, additional cases are expected to be added retroactively once the weekly historical dataset revision is released by the Ministry of Health on Friday, Sept. 25. Data up to Sept. 15 reflects the latest release of the official "Historical Series of Cases by Autonomous Community" dataset released by the Ministry of Health. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

From the dashboard, I see that ICU cases are down 1 to 16 this morning (1 discharge). I'm not sure why Paul Reid was tweeting about 19 ICU cases last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If you look at the southern hemispheres incident of flu in their winter just past, it was at practically zero - probably due to hand washing and social distancing, I doubt flu will be an issue in the northern hemisphere winter.

Partially social distancing.

But most countries had travel restrictions in place end of March and April so there was less international movements, that's usually the time when the flu gets established in the southern hemisphere.

• Advertisement

From the dashboard, I see that ICU cases are down 1 to 16 this morning (1 discharge). I'm not sure why Paul Reid was tweeting about 19 ICU cases last night.

I don’t think it reached 19 at any point yesterday tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Agreed - it was 17 at 6.30 pm and 16 at 11.00 this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    A 24 year old cousin of someone I know endes up in ICU in a coma due to covid 19 earlier this year. He was apparently very fit, used to run regularly. No known underlying conditions. Granted his is a rare case, but some young people are struck very hard by this.

Notwithstanding that, anyone over 70 is at very high risk from this, and that is not an old age. My mother is in her 70s, is regularly digging up her allotment and swims and cycles. There are many like her who have a decade or two at least of life yet who could be seriously affected by covid 19. I cannot get over the absolute selfish gall of people who think congregating in pubs and the freedom to not wear a mask is more important than the lives of a significant proportion of our population.

We are not living in a police state. We can see friends as long as we are cautious to limit how many at once and how we meet. Shops, restaurants, and pubs are open, we just can't have quite the level of fun and abandonment in them as we did before this. We can get on a bus or train and head to the shopping centre or town, as long as you properly wear a mask.

If everyone used the freedoms we had responsibly there would be no need for lockdowns like Dublin.

But if people took responsibility for their own health they wouldn't get covid. You can't get covid if you stay in your home so for me it's very simple stay at home and stop whinging about large groups of people out and about without masks/social distancing.

Let people make their own decisions like adults not treat us like misbehaving school children. If people want to put themselves at risk that's entirely their own prerogative. But if you want to avoid catching it there are way. If there's a big group of people without masks/social distancing turn around and walk/drive away simple. If there's too many on a bus/train and some not wearing masks get off at the next stop. Simple really.

If people took more responsibility for themselves and stopped complaining about the actions of others there won't need to be another lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah Melbourne cops are what we should look up to.

little SS thugs going around beating teenage girls up for not wearing a mask, kicking down people's door and aresting them (one of them a pregnant woman) for daring to express an anti lockdown sentiment on social media.

But the majority of Victorians support the cops in those actions, normal people are sick to the back teeth of retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Don’t even bother, it’s like talking to the wall.
    If they don’t like what they see = “the study is flawed” “herd immunity, cant be true”
    All we hear is but but but but. Not worth it.

Not worth having a discussion on a discussion forum when people have different opinions, eh?

It didn't reach 19 at any of the reporting points, which is just a point in time, but why reject what the man in charge of the HSE is publishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

GT89 wrote: »
    But if people took responsibility for their own health they wouldn't get covid. You can't get covid if you stay in your home so for me it's very simple stay at home and stop whinging about large groups of people out and about without masks/social distancing.

Let people make their own decisions like adults not treat us like misbehaving school children. If people want to put themselves at risk that's entirely their own prerogative. But if you want to avoid catching it there are way. If there's a big group of people without masks/social distancing turn around and walk/drive away simple. If there's too many on a bus/train and some not wearing masks get off at the next stop. Simple really.

If people took more responsibility for themselves and stopped complaining about the actions of others there won't need to be another lockdown.
    The more selfish f*ckwits there are though, the more difficult it is to avoid them.

You're right, I should have thrown a few fictional characters in to make my opinion more valid.

Who makes up fictional characters Boggles? If you are going to make accusations you'd be better off just coming right out and say it rather than using snide insinuations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

I'm not saying that article is incorrect, but it makes no mention of the following - which seems important.
    You can see the same happen with our epi based cases charts

https://twitter.com/AdamJKucharski/status/1250392825201557504?s=20

Not worth having a discussion on a discussion forum when people have different opinions, eh?

It didn't reach 19 at any of the reporting points, which is just a point in time, but why reject what the man in charge of the HSE is publishing?

He posted it an hour before the report came out. It didn’t drop from 19 to 17 at 10pm at night, with 0 deaths.

• Advertisement

Who makes up fictional characters Boggles? If you are going to make accusations you'd be better off just coming right out and say it rather than using snide insinuations

If someone posts an anecdote that doesn’t fit a certain narrative, it’s a lie. Kinda how things work around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement