Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dublin South still below national average. Dublin North West still topping the Dublin charts
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1308369120400941056?s=19

Not worth having a discussion on a discussion forum when people have different opinions, eh?

It didn't reach 19 at any of the reporting points, which is just a point in time, but why reject what the man in charge of the HSE is publishing?

Can't say I would trust as gospel what Paul Reid says.

He has been known during this pandemic to stretch the truth before or fudge certain statistics.

In this case I doubt he would want to but it is right to question. I don't think he has much medical background tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If someone posts an anecdote that doesn’t fit a certain narrative, it’s a lie. Kinda how things work around here.
    I presume you're not going to claim that isn't the case from both sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Ficheall wrote: »
    The more selfish f*ckwits there are though, the more difficult it is to avoid them.

Stay at home and you won't come across them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Dublin South still below national average. Dublin North West still topping the Dublin charts
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1308369120400941056?s=19

People in Dublin South are largely working from home with and will all have a personal vehicle

Similar trend in Madrid, as always the working classes take the brunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The more selfish f*ckwits there are though, the more difficult it is to avoid them.
    Really not that hard if you plan your activity to avoid them. Most people, this cohort included, are still having a go at distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

GT89 wrote: »
    That is true.

However, some people need to go to the shops (delivery is not available everywhere, and not for everything), the dentist and the doctor. Those are the three that would force me to leave the house from time to time. There are undoubtedly other examples for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

That is true.

However, some people need to go to the shops (delivery is not available everywhere, and not for everything), the dentist and the doctor. Those are the three that would force me to leave the house from time to time. There are undoubtedly other examples for other people.

Work

That is true.

Go when the shop is quiet such as in the evening. Most doctors surgeries wil allow you wait in your car until it's your turn to see them.

Work

No one forcing anyone to work

• Advertisement

Indeed some, but we need to look at the big picture here, Guardian are just jumping at anything the big bad orange bufoon says ... they need to give it a rest.

The US would be in the same position whoever was president.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

No one forcing anyone to work

Really?! So we should all just pack it in so and go on the dole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Bojo coming out saying the restrictions just announced will likely last 6 months!
    That's terrible for them but hopefully it works.

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1308376769934880769?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

UK determined to make the wrong calls wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Icu will be at capacity within 2 weeks.
    No deal forthcoming with private hospitals, are the Govt starting the poor mouth today in the lead up to the eventual bail out by private hospitals?

I found it hard to find this icu capacity information last week but in the last 24hrs it's everywhere.
    In the 20s in terms of free beds at the moment. Won't be long till level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

96fm radio in Cork just reported a care home outbreak in Montenotte and at least 1 case in Penneys, Wilton

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No deal forthcoming with private hospitals, are the Govt starting the poor mouth today in the lead up to the eventual bail out by private hospitals?

I found it hard to find this icu capacity information last week but in the last 24hrs it's everywhere.

I heard an interview on the radio about a month ago and the HSE have a deal with the private hospitals
    They will take over the hospitals again if the need capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Bojo coming out saying the restrictions just announced will likely last 6 months!

These same restrictions have been in place for almost 3 months in Leicester and have made little difference.
    The two chief expert advisers were wheeled out yesterday to scare the bejasus out of the population so that the announcement today wouldn’t seem too onerous.
    There was one sinister hint that the military could be used to “help the police”. Things are getting serious over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Now that's real leadership. Being honest with people and let them be adults is half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

96fm radio in Cork just reported a care home outbreak in Montenotte and at least 1 case in Penneys, Wilton

#Lockdown Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The “new” UK guidelines look exactly like ours, except they’re about 3 months late

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

I had forecast ICU's to be full by mid October. If it's two weeks time we really face a catastrophe situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Really, this is a ridiculous argument.

Why should ordinary people doing their best to get on with their lives be the ones to suffer because a few jinits who watched too many Youtube videos think they know better than the entire world's health professionals.

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

UK determined to make the wrong calls wherever possible.

Every country in Europe bar Sweden will be doing the same for the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I had forecast ICU's to be full by mid October. If it's two weeks time we really face a catastrophe situation :(

Exactly. People think x number in ICU seems small. But they forget that ICU has to deal with other illnesses as well.

It's a full lockdown from Oct to March coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I heard an interview on the radio about a month ago and the HSE have a deal with the private hospitals
    They will take over the hospitals again if the need capacity

They were playing hard ball at that stage, can't find and details about a definite agreement.
    Think they are in a panic now as they are going to be at a stage where its needed overnight and they dont have an arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Oranage2 wrote: »
    #Lockdown Cork

Cork is still near the bottom of the charts despite a few big days. A few more though and it might look different. I think it’s inevitable that most places will lockdown again thought tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's a full lockdown from Oct to March coming up.
    You think the whole country is going to Level 5? Or do you mean Level 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Has the HSE released information on the age profile of those currently being hospitalised/in ICU?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ixoy wrote: »
    You think the whole country is going to Level 5? Or do you mean Level 3?

Level 3.14573?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement