Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

zinfandel wrote: »
    sweden are barely reporting or testing. I have a friend in Stockholm , if they feel ill, they are just told to go home and isolate for a week, they are only being tested if they need to go to hospital.

Deaths and cases in hospital are after decreasing , surely those are the important figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hopefully once its all over David Attenborough might do a documentary of this new species that has been found during the pandemic.
    The Swede.

Yer man Stains last night on Claire Byrne said that they don't socialize. Any Swede I have encountered (through work) has always had quite a fondness for the socializing and swamping pints.

Yeah , you talking about tourists here ?
    Or Swedes living in Ireland ?
    Totally different to what we are talking about , which is how they behave in their own country .

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OwenM wrote:
    How do you propose to protect children car crashes or drowning, the two biggest killers of children.
    I don't, accidents happen and you can do nothing about them.
    This is different, this thing is a brutal virus and staying away from other people prevents it spreading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've read what you had to say and responded and your reply is that I was one of the lucky ones to have a great childhood.
    I think the majority of kids have a great childhood and the ones who are abused aren't going to be more adversely affected by not being in school for a couple of months.
    When a child dies from coronavirus picked up in school what are you going to do? Stick your fingers in your ear or accept responsibility for it like every parent who sent their kids back to school?

The benefits to a childs mental health and well being far out weigh the minimal risks of catching Covid and dying. For some children school is the only 'safe' place they have. You however are unwilling to accept risk and that's your prerogative, however I sincerely hope the government does not bow to the abject terror projected by people such as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

zinfandel wrote: »
    sweden are barely reporting or testing. I have a friend in Stockholm , if they feel ill, they are just told to go home and isolate for a week, they are only being tested if they need to go to hospital.

This. + 1.

Testing is far less in Sweden than a lot of countries .

No testing = less cases= can keep going the way they have been .

It is left totally up to the population to reduce contacts and risks of contracting the disease. And they do!

If we employed the same strategy here , fvck knows what would be the result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

My point was that one statement is as true as the other. As in it may or may not be.

That’s like me saying I have a 50:50 shot at winning the lotto because either I’m going to win or I’m not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

early-beers.gif
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

4,926 cases in the UK today. Wow.
    Considering they only made masks mandatory in most indoor places with their so-called 'new measures' today is that really surprising?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

90,454 tests in the past week. Getting towards the 100,000.

Almost 2,000 positive swabs in the past 7 days.

284 a day.

Positive rate has remained above 2, but with 17,000 odd more tests.

So today is no outlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Wow, why the personal attack?
    Your definition of personal must be very different from mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

what number are we expecting to see?

About three fiddy.... (really)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Considering they only made masks mandatory in most indoor places with their so-called 'new measures' today is that really surprising?

I'm not surprised, it's just genuinely alarming that the UK is about to shoot past the record daily increase set in April if the current trend continues over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm not surprised, it's just genuinely alarming that the UK is about to shoot past the record daily increase set in April prior to the imposition of their lockdown if the current trend continues over the next couple of days.
    It is but interesting to see at the same time how far less terrified people are now of that kind of number than March.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm not surprised, it's just genuinely alarming that the UK is about to shoot past the record daily increase set in April if the current trend continues over the next couple of days.
    Are they not testing more people now and better targeted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Blondini wrote: »
    About three fiddy.... (really)

I can handle a 350

In fact I'd say it's below expectations. Mine anyway.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It is but interesting to see at the same time how far less terrified people are now of that kind of number than March.

We could be looking at 10,000 + cases a day in the UK this time next month, assuming they don't implement strict lockdown measures. People will start to care when the impact on hospitals starts to filter through.
    ixoy wrote: »
    Are they not testing more people now and better targeted ?

Their testing and contact tracing system has been in bits for the last couple of weeks. Can't keep up with demand. A lot of people can't even get a test.

COVID testing programme 'in chaos' amid 185,000 swab backlog, leaked documents show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I can handle a 350

In fact I'd say it's below expectations. Mine anyway.

It's all about the deaths and the hospitals for me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Wow 350 is good now????

Deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

We could be looking at 10,000 + cases a day in the UK this time next month, assuming they don't implement strict lockdown measures. People will start to care when the impact on hospitals starts to filter through.

Their testing and contact tracing system has been in bits for the last couple of weeks. Can't keep up with demand. A lot of people can't even get a test.

COVID testing programme 'in chaos' amid 185,000 swab backlog, leaked documents show

Yeah, didn't they ask Paul Reid for help?

Mind boggling how they're in such a bad way test wise!

• Advertisement

Wow 350 is good now????

Deluded

It was 357 last Tuesday.

It's not good, it's just that it could easily be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wow 350 is good now????

Deluded

1 in 40 tests are coming back positive, and depending on deaths and icu admissions, 350 is fine.

Panicking over a number guess with no surrounding data is delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Longing

Wow 350 is good now????

Deluded

I know lol. And don't mention the word Alarming or you will be classed has a doom-slayer for eternity. The spin put on numbers by some is more dangerous than a person being over cautious.

hang on a second now - I'm extremely gloomy about our prospects, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Looking at circa 350 I'd say

What's with the use of circa, I find it so odd to see it being used outside the context of historical dates.

I guess it makes you sound legit though, I must use that one. Circa out.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Ignore trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

383 new cases in Scotland
    181 in Glasgow and Clyde region.

Still growing steadily despite nearly 3 weeks of local restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Boggles wrote: »
    90,454 tests in the past week. Getting towards the 100,000.

Almost 2,000 positive swabs in the past 7 days.

284 a day.

Positive rate has remained above 2, but with 17,000 odd more tests.

So today is no outlier.

300 / 400 today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement