Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Rang doctor as have cough(I'm sure it's a cold but going by book).

I'm waiting for call to go for test. Self isolating obviously.

Ex still lives in house and she has cough also. She is refusing to call doctor, won't self isolate, total head in sand.

She went to shop yesterday while coughing and no doubt will go today as she said she didn't want anything when I said I was putting in an online order.

Lucky escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Watch the first 1/4 of this for current situation

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Where do you get current incidence in your area?

Is it just Dublin that tells you by area as apposed to county data?

It's data from the HSPC (that I robbed from breakingnews.ie)

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-19-in-ireland-latest-county-by-county-incidence-rates-1016466.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Rang doctor as have cough(I'm sure it's a cold but going by book).

I'm waiting for call to go for test. Self isolating obviously.

Ex still lives in house and she has cough also. She is refusing to call doctor, won't self isolate, total head in sand.

She went to shop yesterday while coughing and no doubt will go today as she said she didn't want anything when I said I was putting in an online order.

Oh man, did you just come through all this while living with your ex?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Blondini wrote: »
    No thanks.

If you going to make an assumption something is wrong base that decision on evidence. The deaths are explained from your previous comments.

• Advertisement

So far... And leaving 24 hours before the HSE contacts parents and children in the school from different classes could lead to huge outbreaks was my point. All good and well sending the class home, but children have friends in other classes too. A parent could be embarrassed and not say anything which would result in close contacts going to their classes for 24 hours and could lead to absolute chaos... Which is why contact tracing needs to be improved.

BTW Are close contacts given priority in terms of testing?

It hasn't lead to huge outbreaks, that's what we're seeing. It's definitely not causing a rise in hospital admissions which is the key metric the government are concerned with. Suppose we'll really know in another 2 weeks.

Not sure if they get priority, I know we're not testing close contacts of positive close contacts though. If you can read anything into that.

Blondini wrote: »
    That clip is from 24th August when there was 1 death in the UK.

There were 32 deaths the other day.

Just saying, not looking for a back and forth argument.

1 death in England that day. England is a region in the UK, not total UK.

Rolling 7 day average deaths in UK have risen from 9 on 24 of August to 11 as of today. And your point is? Dr. would say same today. We are not going to get to zero covid deaths. Nor are we getting to zero flu deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭amandstu

Can I use it as hand sanitizer ? Seems to contain Alcohol along with other ingredients

It is L'Oreal and I am worth it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

It hasn't lead to huge outbreaks, that's what we're seeing. It's definitely not causing a rise in hospital admissions which is the key metric the government are concerned with. Suppose we'll really know in another 2 weeks.

Not sure if they get priority, I know we're not testing close contacts of positive close contacts though. If you can read anything into that.

So if I test positive as a close contact, they won't test my partner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Oh man, did you just come through all this while living with your ex?

Yep, nightmare. She's saving to buy a place so will be 6 months at minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

if you set up a gofundme, we'll all chip in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Would be ironic if her name was Rhona

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

If that close contact test positive then their close contacts will also be offered a test:
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/contact-tracing.html

So if I test positive as a close contact, they won't test my partner?

As far as I'm aware, were not doing secondary contact tracing...so no they won't be tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

if you set up a gofundme, we'll all chip in

Very messy, with kids involved as well. We communicate mostly by email for almost a year now :pac: Any verbal communication ends in a row.

Just seeing how she reacts to this situation make me realise we don't have the same mentality at all. Just hope she gets enough for her deposit ASAP and we can move on

As far as I'm aware, were not doing secondary contact tracing...so no they won't be tested.

Yes they will. If they test positive then they are no longer a close contact, they are a positive case and testing moves onto their close contacts.

If that close contact test positive then their close contacts will also be offered a test:
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/contact-tracing.html

It doesn't say that, maybe I'm blind, I'm referring to close contacts of close contacts.

Living with someone who is a confirmed close contact
    You may be at risk of catching coronavirus if you are living with a close contact and they become unwell.

If they develop coronavirus, you will become a close contact. This means you will have to restrict your movements. They will have to self-isolate.

Nothing mentioned about testing...

It doesn't say that, maybe I'm blind, I'm referring to close contacts of close contacts.

Living with someone who is a confirmed close contact
    You may be at risk of catching coronavirus if you are living with a close contact and they become unwell.

If they develop coronavirus, you will become a close contact. This means you will have to restrict your movements. They will have to self-isolate.

Nothing mentioned about testing...
    From the link:
    If you are a close contact
    If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive you will receive either:

- a call from a contact tracer
    - an alert on your mobile phone, if you're using the COVID Tracker app

You will have to
    - get tested for coronavirus
    - restrict your movements for 14 days - even if your test comes back negative

From the link:
    If you are a close contact
    If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive you will receive either:

- a call from a contact tracer
    - an alert on your mobile phone, if you're using the COVID Tracker app

You will have to
    - get tested for coronavirus
    - restrict your movements for 14 days - even if your test comes back negative

Yes that's a close contact, I'm referring to a close contact of someone that has been identified as a close contact.

Yes that's a close contact, I'm referring to a close contact of someone that has been identified as a close contact.

Yes. But after that close contact tests positive they are a positive case, so contact tracing will occur for their close contacts...

• Advertisement

Yes. But after that close contact tests positive they are a positive case, so contact tracing will occur for their close contacts...

Don't think that's happening.

Don't think that's happening.

Why are you being so obtuse about this? The excerpt I posted from the HSE website literally contradicts your claims.

If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive

It doesn't matter how they got it, they're now considered a positive case so contact tracing will occur.

EDIT: Also, as much as I love your opinion on what you think, could you maybe stick to facts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Any beers

Why are you being so obtuse about this? The excerpt I posted from the HSE website literally contradicts your claims.

It doesn't matter how they got it, they're now considered a positive case so contact tracing will occur.

EDIT: Also, as much as I love your opinion on what you think, could you maybe stick to facts here.

Your correct I was going on the procedure before July, you would have had to have symptoms to be sent for a test as a close contacts close contact.
    They know now 8% of those asymptomatic close contacts will test positive according to Paul Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

US2 wrote: »
    Any beers

Not yet

So as of now my partner is my close contact and I am a close contact. He is as of now, not a contact of a positive case. If I test positive he is no longer a secondary contact, but a close contact of a positive case and will be tested. This is basically how the contact tracers explained it to me yesterday. Unless we test positive/develop symptoms he does not have to restrict movements even. Again, this is directly from contact tracing team.
    I have symptoms so he is off work

So as of now my partner is my close contact and I am a close contact. He is as of now, not a contact of a positive case. If I test positive he is no longer a secondary contact, but a close contact of a positive case and will be tested. This is basically how the contact tracers explained it to me yesterday. Unless we test positive/develop symptoms he does not have to restrict movements even. Again, this is directly from contact tracing team.
    I have symptoms so he is off work

You should be isolating form him especially if your showing symptoms, are they progressive or stating to ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

wadacrack wrote: »

Plans always sound good. But they have to be implemented. And as Mike Tyson once said 'everyone has a plan until they're punched in the mouth'.

• Advertisement

You should be isolating form him especially if your showing symptoms, are they progressive or stating to ease.

Unfortunately that is not at all possible in our house.
    Also my symptoms have eased a lot and I'm 99% sure I had a headcold as I originally thought, before being told I was a contact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement