Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 13 (Châtel-Guyon - Puy Mary, 191.5 km)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

Sam well inside the cutoff but looked in bits coming up to the line. Not going to lie, nervous about the alps.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭PatM65

happytramp wrote: »
    Sam well inside the cutoff but looked in bits coming up to the line. Not going to lie, nervous about the alps.

It actually hurt to watch him struggle to the finish. Hopefully he can recover well and hang in there through the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Sunday could be painful. I know it's not as lumpy early on but Jeez, those 3 climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The first video of him at the finish I saw someone post was so slow I thought it was in slow motion! Definitely nervous about the alps.

Hopefully Sunday is more straight forward and a big gruppetto is formed on the first big climb

Came in dead last with the rest of the team. Only 3min behind Sagan though... I wonder if he was really struggling more than the other sprinters or just taking it easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I wonder if he was really struggling more than the other sprinters or just taking it easy.

Serious?

Bennett was zig-zagging all over the place on that final climb. The 15% gradient doesn't lend itself to a man of his size, but he looked to me to be extra fatigued by the fight for the green jersey. We hope that he can make it over the Alps and inside the cut off times next week.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Serious?

Bennett was zig-zagging all over the place on that final climb. The 15% gradient doesn't lend itself to a man of his size, but he looked to me to be extra fatigued by the fight for the green jersey. We hope that he can make it over the Alps and inside the cut off times next week.

Possibly extra wrecked from fighting to stay with the peloton for so long too. Strange that ewan was 5min down on him at one point but finished 3min ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Really good stage today. That last climb looked like an absolute bomb. Everyone's legs bar Roglic and Pogacar were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

When Roglic crossed the line today, I could swear, I heard a soprano burst into song.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    When Roglic crossed the line today, I could swear, I heard a soprano burst into song.

He was probably just breaking wind from the effort :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He was probably just breaking wind from the effort :D

No, it was a large boned woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Eamonnator wrote: »

Pogacar won the Slovenian time-trial championship at the end of June. He beat Roglic and it was an uphill course, so I wouldn't say the race is over just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Possibly extra wrecked from fighting to stay with the peloton for so long too. Strange that ewan was 5min down on him at one point but finished 3min ahead.

I wouldn't discount the emotional energy the week has drained from him.

If you read any of the rider's diary over the years the intensity of the tour, on and off the bike is what marks it out from the other Tours and races.

The attention of winning your first stage, getting the green jersey, the pressire of being the main man in a big team,competing with Sagan etc will have taken its toll.

Hopefully he can keep it together and survive the Alps.

It really shows how great a champion Sagan is the way he carried that pressure over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The top six consists of only 2 nationalities- Slovenia and Colombia

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is Poke a Car an unofficial member of TJV?

Roglic & himself work well and seem to have a pact made at this stage, interesting to see how it develops over the next stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Personally I think Sunday will reduce the potential winners to 2/3 probably Roglic and Pogacar, the finish is brutal and I believe bar the ITT the only true summit finish this tour.

adb3d

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

dahat wrote: »
    Is Poke a Car an unofficial member of TJV?

Roglic & himself work well and seem to have a pact made at this stage, interesting to see how it develops over the next stages.

I think one of the commentators on Eurosport said the other day that Rog & Pog are very good friends and their families spend a good bit of time together

Bardet out of the tour with concussion, zero surprise there should never have been left back up on his bike after the crash. Not as bad Toms Skujins that time at the tour of California but he was obviously concussed there.

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1304400746272755712

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Bardet out of the tour with concussion, zero surprise there should never have been left back up on his bike after the crash. Not as bad Toms Skujins that time at the tour of California but he was obviously concussed there.

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1304400746272755712

Hadn't seen that; looks really bad and I hope they get some flack for it. Time to join the 21st century with regards concussion and riders' health.

Advertisement