Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decare claim

Options
  • 11-09-2020 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys

I put in my claims for 2019 and decare want more info, including xrays, notes etc. Has anyone else seen that? My dentist has never seen that before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Fitz II

DeCare often want clarification on treatment. its mostly to make you and your dentist jump through hoops. I dont deal with DeCare that often but I have seen this a lot of times I have....like all insurance companies they are trying to make you do busy work in the hope you get lazy and give up saving them money.

Fitz II wrote: »
    ...like all insurance companies they are trying to make you do busy work in the hope you get lazy and give up saving them money.

Absolute BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Op, these requests are becoming more common.

Somewhere in the t&cs of your policy is a term that you agreed to, allowing Decare access to your confidential patient file as a condition of payment of benefit.

We have gotten requests directly from Decare for copies of patient charts and have flatly refused all requests, we will not ever forward confidential patient information to a third party. But we have forwarded copies of files to the patient themselves so that they can then send them to Decare.

Dentists do not deal directly with Decare and do not receive payments from them, it is the patient who gets reimbursed for fees paid, so I can only assume that this is a way of checking that their subscribers are not trying to make fraudulent claims, Decare mustn’t trust the people who take out their insurance policies.

Personally, I would not want my patient file sent to a private office in Claremorris, but hey, it’s up to the insured to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spring_bud

Yeah it’s all messy. I will wait and see what my wonderful dentist says. I have patience and will persist to get money. Also sent a note to portlaois to see what the great gdpr dogs have to say !

Advertisement