Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

jelem wrote: »
    i lived whilst DDR (east germany) had neighbours and government with lockdown and telltales.
    the "democratic" west condemned all what they stated was seen.
    the "democratic" west is now far worse than the DDR and used the same con and lie of Security
    as the reason. The fake national security and russia and china spy threat whilst USA is the
    actual spy and perveyor of lies as news of threats etc. to help excuse their behaviour.
    The reset is just a further power grab to enslave the citizens at an even lower level of human existance.
    the western powers are bankrupt and have no means to pay the debt .
    the likes of covid helps banks funds and balances as citizens spend is restricted by shops\entertainment shut
    and yet at same time you are enticed to pay more for on-line entertainment to the "chosen" and which is
    politically censored to further the enslavement.
    Fact on-line spending is up as closed shops push citizens to cashless regime but brick and mortar shop
    spending is down with overall less spend by citizens whom figures show now have a little more in the bank.
    yes the bank has the balance (whilst charging you for holding your earnings) this helps them look good.
    remember you had "limited" access to YOUR money when the crash happened, the politicians supported the
    restriction of your rights to your earnings to protect the profit and wages of incompetants (except for theft of
    large wage packet from your earnings).
    the revolution "industrial" was meant to enrich humans with less slavery\hard labour and more quality time.
    the politicians have succeeded in enslaving you more and with less means of gaining an income.
    tech is taking over and human effort is becoming minimal, with no jobs and low pay given to the wrong
    end of actual worth index. (bank manager can be done without but nurse and sewer worker are citizens
    survival needs). a reset and ensure majority are at bottom with no rights and protests banned or dealt
    harshly with by gestapo militarised police and corrupt judges whom fail to hold politicians to accounr
    because they gain large pay from them.
    A major world war or virus to reduce population is what the politicians and thieves whom have abused
    citizens to get rich (termed Elite) Need to continue in their incompetance and theft along with murder.
    you can say it just happened in time-- that nature threw up a virus to aid the game of evading liability
    by those responsible for the plight of humans on this planet.
    the citizens have awoken somewhat as when you look across the planet the once dictatorial political
    parties are failing to gain a majority in elections and are forming alliances with like minded crooks to
    keep a large wage and power and authority using the taxpayers money.
    ireland the GREENS are just like the labour party were - supported corruption and theft just for a large
    tax payer wage. the Greens are willing to see large footprint to get broadband\internet "private profit"
    by installing kilometres of cable instead of 5G towers with better coverage and reliability along with
    smaller footprint.

Great post. You covered it all.

It's extremely alarming when a man (James Delingpole's father) who experienced the horrors of life during the Second World War says that what is going on now is worse than that. It'd be interesting to hear what other people who experienced life back then think. I wonder whether they'd agree with Mr Delingpole or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Quiner wrote: »

It's extremely alarming when a man (James Delingpole's father) who experienced the horrors of life during the Second World War says that what is going on now is worse than that. It'd be interesting to hear what other people who experienced life back then think. I wonder whether they'd agree with Mr Delingpole or not.

I think Mr Delingpole is full of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's extremely alarming when a man (James Delingpole's father) who experienced the horrors of life during the Second World War says that what is going on now is worse than that.

This is just complete nonsense. There's a pandemic, everyone has to wear masks, social distance, etc - it's not remotely the same as being in a war or living under occupation.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This is just complete nonsense. There's a pandemic, everyone has to wear masks, social distance, etc - it's not remotely the same as being in a war or living under occupation.

Well, for those people I mentioned who experienced both it is either comparable or worse. Now, obviously other people who experienced what they experienced would disagree with them, but it still is disturbing for people who lived in Communist Poland to feel that the present reality is comparable or worse. They're not conspiracy theorists. They are people who are desperately worried about the direction humanity is headed in.

disturbing for people who lived in Communist Poland to feel that the present reality is comparable or worse.

It's one person. With a bunch of internet commentators who suddenly appeared after the opinion piece was shared on conspiracy sites. If someone is going to compare living under Communist martial law with having to wear a mask during a pandemic, that person is not rational, because those scenarios are two completely different things.

But that's not the real underlying issue here.

Simple scenario: You are the president of some small democratic island country, population 1 million. A highly infectious virus appears. You need to reduce the spread of that virus in order to stop your country's health system from being overwhelmed, and at the same time you need to keep the economy going as best as you can. What do you do?

Masks, wash hands, social distancing, might have to close bars/restaurants, might even have to have a lockdown. Are you doing those things for political reasons like in Poland in the 60's? No. You are doing them to reduce the spread of the virus, that's it.

• Advertisement

It's one person. With a bunch of internet commentators who suddenly appeared after the opinion piece was shared on conspiracy sites. If someone is going to compare living under Communist martial law with having to wear a mask during a pandemic, that person is not rational, because those scenarios are two completely different things.

But that's not the real underlying issue here.

Simple scenario: You are the president of some small democratic island country, population 1 million. A highly infectious virus appears. You need to reduce the spread of that virus in order to stop your country's health system from being overwhelmed, and at the same time you need to keep the economy going as best as you can. What do you do?

Masks, wash hands, social distancing, might have to close bars/restaurants, might even have to have a lockdown. Are you doing those things for political reasons like in Poland in the 60's? No. You are doing them to reduce the spread of the virus, that's it.

But if you wanted to know whether there were similarities between Communist Poland and Covid Victoria, you'd ask people who experienced life in Communist Poland. Their opinion would hold weight. I know comments on an article aren't representative, but virtually all of the Polish people who commented on the article said Victoria was either worse than, or comparable to, Communist Poland.

And it wasn't a conspiracy website.

And the treatment of the people of Victoria was diabolical. People locked up like caged animals, tyrannical power mad police everywhere, people afraid to go out, neighbours turning on each other thanks to Andrews. It was one of the worst assaults on freedom and human rights I have ever seen.

But if you wanted to know whether there were similarities between Communist Poland and Covid Victoria, you'd ask people who experienced life in Communist Poland.

It's an opinion by one person.

virtually all of the Polish people who commented on the article said Victoria was either worse than, or comparable to, Communist Poland.

I suspect those aren't Polish people living in Victoria who lived in Communist Poland, but if you want to believe that.
    And it wasn't a conspiracy website.

But the link spread like wildfire on conspiracy sites because of the content.
    And the treatment of the people of Victoria was diabolical. People locked up like caged animals, tyrannical power mad police everywhere, people afraid to go out, neighbours turning on each other thanks to Andrews. It was one of the worst assaults on freedom and human rights I have ever seen.

Lol.

It's an opinion by one person.

I suspect those aren't Polish people living in Victoria who lived in Communist Poland, but if you want to believe that.

But the link spread like wildfire on conspiracy sites because of the content.

Lol.

The people who commented on the article all either fled Communist Poland, or heard stories of what life was like in Poland and so were able to compare it with Victoria.

Locking people up for 23 hours a day isn't an assault on freedom and human rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If only time travel, or even historical evidence was a reality, I think you’d change your mind about it being worse than communist Poland, unless part of the ruling elite of communist Poland.

(Sarcasm detectors don’t work well around here, so I’ll give you a hint...part of the above is sarcasm).

If only time travel, or even historical evidence was a reality, I think you’d change your mind about it being worse than communist Poland, unless part of the ruling elite of communist Poland.

(Sarcasm detectors don’t work well around here, so I’ll give you a hint...part of the above is sarcasm).

But I'm not claiming it was worse than, or comparable with, Communist Poland. It's people who experienced both, or who have or had family members that told them about life in Communist Poland.

For what it's worth, I believe that Communist Poland was worse than Victoria 2020. Absolutely. But I still think it was shameful what happened in Victoria earlier this year. I was horrified to see photos of a young pregnant lady being arrested.

• Advertisement

But I'm not claiming it was worse than, or comparable with, Communist Poland. It's people who experienced both, or who have or had family members that told them about life in Communist Poland.

For what it's worth, I believe that Communist Poland was worse than Victoria 2020. Absolutely. But I still think it was shameful what happened in Victoria earlier this year. I was horrified to see photos of a young pregnant lady being arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Detritus70

jelem wrote: »
    i lived whilst DDR (east germany) had neighbours and government with lockdown and telltales.
    the "democratic" west condemned all what they stated was seen.
    the "democratic" west is now far worse than the DDR and used the same con and lie of Security
    as the reason

This is as far as I got with that post. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
    Schwachsinn. Geistiger Dünnpfiff.
    You are enjoying the freedom to spread mental diarrhea like this without fear of retribution from the state.
    There won't be a knock on the door, you won't be taken away, nothing will happen to you, other than someone on the Internet might call you a twerp.
    This is something a lot of people forget whilst they sit in their nicely heated flat, with TV, games consoles, laptops, smart phones with their car outside and their nights out and foreign holidays.
    And then they grab their Reichsflagge and AfD shirt and protest how sh*t everything is.

Germany is democratic. It just means that being loud, obnoxious and shouting a lot doesn't make you right.
    Democracy works like this.
    A democratically elected government enacts legislation and if people don't like it they can petition, protest or vote.
    And if things don't change, it is because the majority is not convinced by their arguments.
    And if I see the Corona denier demos, they're mostly idiots, sheep, cranks and crackpots who don't even realise they have been manipulated by right wing, even Neonazi rat catchers who's goal is to undermine democracy.
    THAT is the real conspiracy.
    Democracy doesn't mean you always get what you want.
    If someone can't live with this system, they should try Russia. I'm sure it's much better.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Detritus70 wrote: »
    This is as far as I got with that post. Jesus tapdancing Christ.
    Schwachsinn. Geistiger Dünnpfiff.
    You are enjoying the freedom to spread mental diarrhea like this without fear of retribution from the state.
    There won't be a knock on the door, you won't be taken away, nothing will happen to you, other than someone on the Internet might call you a twerp.
    This is something a lot of people forget whilst they sit in their nicely heated flat, with TV, games consoles, laptops, smart phones with their car outside and their nights out and foreign holidays.
    And then they grab their Reichsflagge and AfD shirt and protest how sh*t everything is.

Germany is democratic. It just means that being loud, obnoxious and shouting a lot doesn't make you right.
    Democracy works like this.
    A democratically elected government enacts legislation and if people don't like it they can petition, protest or vote.
    And if things don't change, it is because the majority is not convinced by their arguments.
    And if I see the Corona denier demos, they're mostly idiots, sheep, cranks and crackpots who don't even realise they have been manipulated by right wing, even Neonazi rat catchers who's goal is to undermine democracy.
    THAT is the real conspiracy.
    Democracy doesn't mean you always get what you want.
    If someone can't live with this system, they should try Russia. I'm sure it's much better.

They've banned the right to protest in Germany. It's a dangerous road they're going down.

In Victoria, a pregnant lady was arrested for a Facebook post. They're not that free these countries. They're increasingly becoming tyrannical and unfree.

They've banned the right to protest in Germany. It's a dangerous road they're going down.

They haven't and it's not.
    In Victoria, a pregnant lady was arrested for a Facebook post. They're not that free these countries. They're increasingly becoming tyrannical and unfree.

She was arrested because she had been at a public gathering during lockdown, it was a pretty isolated incident.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

People like this woman will not or cannot understand there is a pandemic with a highly infectious virus, so they flout the rules and put others at risk. We have laws because of people who are literally this stupid.

They haven't and it's not.

She was arrested because she had been at a public gathering during lockdown, it was a pretty isolated incident.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-54007824

People like this woman will not or cannot understand there is a pandemic with a highly infectious virus, so they flout the rules and put others at risk. We have laws because of people who are literally this stupid.

Recent anti-lockdown protests in Germany were banned. Okay, they haven't banned protesting outright, but they've shown that they can, and they will, ban protests.

I read that it was because she either liked a post on an anti-lockdown group's page, or posted something about attending a protest. I'll check. I'm always very wary of the likes of the BBC, CNN and RTÉ. They're very untrustworthy and biased, in my opinion. I know you didn't link to a CNN or RTÉ article, but I just find all three to be extremely biased. That's why I'll check about that lady in Victoria.

Recent anti-lockdown protests in Germany were banned. Okay, they haven't banned protesting outright, but they've shown that they can, and they will, ban protests.

They are stopping gatherings of people due to the virus. The virus spreads in groups.
    I'm always very wary of the likes of the BBC, CNN and RTÉ. They're very untrustworthy and biased, in my opinion. I know you didn't link to a CNN or RTÉ article, but I just find all three to be extremely biased.

All credible news media is "biased" when you are into disinformation and conspiracy stuff (which you should stay away from)

If you are so paranoid, then check Reuters, AP, the Guardian (completely independent), Scandinavian media (rating among the most free in the world), you'll find that information is corroborated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

All credible news media is "biased" when you are into disinformation and conspiracy stuff (which you should stay away from)

If you are so paranoid, then check Reuters, AP, the Guardian (completely independent), Scandinavian media (rating among the most free in the world), you'll find that information is corroborated
    Meanwhile:
    "Here's an article from Russia Today or some hyper Christian cult..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How many thousand people would this plan/conspiracy need to work, I'd guess 5000 people at an absolute minumum, would there not be widespread leaks of this with someone on the pints or falling out with the main crew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

How many thousand people would this plan/conspiracy need to work, I'd guess 5000 people at an absolute minumum, would there not be widespread leaks of this with someone on the pints or falling out with the main crew?
    This is why conspiracy theorist like to keep the theory vague. If they state a specific number that means they're locked into certain things.
    For example if the claimed number of conspirators is low, then you can't claim that all news organisations and scientists are in on it. But if you keep it vague it's easy to just claim than any statement or evidence against is from someone invovled in the conspiracy.

And of course if the claimed number is high enough to invovle all media, governments and scientists well then it just becomes silly on the face of it.

So in short, the answer is there is as many people invovled in the conspiracy as the theory requires at any given time.

I'd love to know how Vietnam, where I live, fits into this Great Reset. Why would they go along with this Western-led reset of global society? Because they're doing a lot more to combat Covid-19 with borders still closed. Why would they do this? Why would China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They've banned the right to protest in Germany.
    Okay, they haven't banned protesting outright

47Qi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Germany haven't banned the right to protest. You're just making stuff up.

She wasn't arrested for a Facebook post. She was arrested for organising an event that set out to break covid19 restrictions in a country that has been very successful at containing covid19 outbreaks. To say Australia isn't a free country and that's it's tyrannical just shows your ignorance and bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

The vast majority of Australians supported the police in doing this, I remember on social media you got the odd leftard who probably never worked a day in their life comment on it. They were soon shot down by the majority tax payers who thought it was resources well spent.

I too wondered the same thing. How could it be possible, I asked myself. How could there be no links? No one letting the cat out of the bag. But then I watched the following video on ComputingForever's channel and it explains it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGzfA3Ij7aw

It's not a conspiracy video. It's part of an interview with Ernst Wolff of the University of Pretoria. He explains everything.

aido79 wrote: »
    Germany haven't banned the right to protest. You're just making stuff up.

She wasn't arrested for a Facebook post. She was arrested for organising an event that set out to break covid19 restrictions in a country that has been very successful at containing covid19 outbreaks. To say Australia isn't a free country and that's it's tyrannical just shows your ignorance and bias.

I was wrong to say that they'd banned the right to protest. What I should've said is that they're going down the road of banning protest. Anti-lockdown protests have been banned, and it's a slippery slope is what I'm saying.

You wouldn't call the behaviour of the police in Victoria tyrannical? It was so bad that Jack Mordes wrote the following article:
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/victoria-is-reminding-me-of-poland-in-1981/news-story/5300d2c901efe3fc3a74022973b5f214

From the article:

"You know that freedom can never be taken for granted because governments can remove it summarily.

But never did I think our basic freedoms would be removed in Australia. Never did I think a pregnant woman would be handcuffed for merely saying she would protest against the government. This is not the Australia in which my family sought refuge.

The Polish people’s fight to regain the freedoms they lost under martial law took a further eight years and ended with the ultimate collapse of the socialist regime in 1989. Many people died, families were broken, dreams lost and generations wasted.

Andrews’s rhetoric is worryingly reminiscent of the former Eastern bloc’s socialist leaders. He blames Victorians for the actions he has had to take to protect us while removing civil liberties that no democratic government should ever touch. He is relying on unelected and unseen “experts” to justify removing our freedoms, much like Jaruzelski did with his Military Council of National Salvation.

My mother cannot believe that at 78 she again finds herself under effective house arrest in a democratic Australia.

A crisis can lay bare the instincts of leaders. Once a government takes away civil liberties, it doesn’t always find it easy to give them back without a fight."

You'd call locking people up for 23 hours a day at one stage in Victoria freedom?

I'd love to know how Vietnam, where I live, fits into this Great Reset. Why would they go along with this Western-led reset of global society? Because they're doing a lot more to combat Covid-19 with borders still closed. Why would they do this? Why would China?

I'm hoping it's just the West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I was wrong to say that they'd banned the right to protest. What I should've said is that they're going down the road of banning protest. Anti-lockdown protests have been banned, and it's a slippery slope is what I'm saying.

You wouldn't call the behaviour of the police in Victoria tyrannical? It was so bad that Jack Mordes wrote the following article:
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/victoria-is-reminding-me-of-poland-in-1981/news-story/5300d2c901efe3fc3a74022973b5f214

From the article:

"You know that freedom can never be taken for granted because governments can remove it summarily.

But never did I think our basic freedoms would be removed in Australia. Never did I think a pregnant woman would be handcuffed for merely saying she would protest against the government. This is not the Australia in which my family sought refuge.

The Polish people’s fight to regain the freedoms they lost under martial law took a further eight years and ended with the ultimate collapse of the socialist regime in 1989. Many people died, families were broken, dreams lost and generations wasted.

Andrews’s rhetoric is worryingly reminiscent of the former Eastern bloc’s socialist leaders. He blames Victorians for the actions he has had to take to protect us while removing civil liberties that no democratic government should ever touch. He is relying on unelected and unseen “experts” to justify removing our freedoms, much like Jaruzelski did with his Military Council of National Salvation.

My mother cannot believe that at 78 she again finds herself under effective house arrest in a democratic Australia.

A crisis can lay bare the instincts of leaders. Once a government takes away civil liberties, it doesn’t always find it easy to give them back without a fight."

You'd call locking people up for 23 hours a day at one stage in Victoria freedom?

Have you ever been to Australia? To call their police force tyrannical is almost comical and definitely would not the view of the vast majority of Victorians or any other person living in Australia.
    Australia has been very successful in their management of covid19 and they are very grateful for the sacrifices people have made for a relatively short time. You're making it sound like they were repressed. In reality the vast majority of Australians are happy that their government and its people have dealt with covid19.

You have chosen to take the view of one person who probably has a very skewed view of the what happened in Poland and are somehow linking it to some notion of a great reset.
    It honestly sounds like another case of the media says it's black so it must be white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

From the article:

At the time the PM said you are either part of the solution or part of the problem there was no in-between, most Victorians had a whinge about the situation but deep down they knew if they got on with it the end justifies the means. Like even to the most ridiculous imbecile this makes perfect sense the functioning, freedom and economy of the rest of the country was at stake.

Victorians are now living a normal life and will have normal xmas compared to a lot of countries of the world that's locked down and will be for some time so yes a bump in the road but real freedom in the end. (Similar to the what's going on in the Northern Beaches in NSW at the moment.)

yes you get some people with little education or English skills and they don't understand what's going on but really that's their own problem they should just shut their mouths and do what they are told, if its good enough for the rest of us its good enough for them.

aido79 wrote: »
    Have you ever been to Australia? To call their police force tyrannical is almost comical and definitely would not the view of the vast majority of Victorians or any other person living in Australia.
    Australia has been very successful in their management of covid19 and they are very grateful for the sacrifices people have made for a relatively short time. You're making it sound like they were repressed. In reality the vast majority of Australians are happy that their government and its people have dealt with covid19.

You have chosen to take the view of one person who probably has a very skewed view of the what happened in Poland and are somehow linking it to some notion of a great reset.
    It honestly sounds like another case of the media says it's black so it must be white.

But I didn't say that the Australian police force was tyrannical. I said that the police in Victoria were behaving like tyrants and tyrannically. Putting muzzles on protesters, assaulting protesters (granted, it takes two to tango), terrorising people about masks, marching down the streets every day intimidating people.

That man and the people from Poland who commented on the article said it was worse than, or comparable to, Communist Poland. They experienced both, so their opinion has to carry weight. He describes in the article why he felt the way he did. He gave specific examples.

• Advertisement

mandrake04 wrote: »
    At the time the PM said you are either part of the solution or part of the problem there was no in-between, most Victorians had a whinge about the situation but deep down they knew if they got on with it the end justifies the means. Like even to the most ridiculous imbecile this makes perfect sense the functioning, freedom and economy of the rest of the country was at stake.

Victorians are now living a normal life and will have normal xmas compared to a lot of countries of the world that's locked down and will be for some time so yes a bump in the road but real freedom in the end. (Similar to the what's going on in the Northern Beaches in NSW at the moment.)

yes you get some people with little education or English skills and they don't understand what's going on but really that's their own problem they should just shut their mouths and do what they are told, if its good enough for the rest of us its good enough for them.

They're not living a normal life. They still have to wear the face rags in lots of places. They're more free than people are in Europe, but that's not hard when people in Europe have practically zero freedom. Or, any tiny bit of freedom they have, comes with a mask, gloves, face shields, QR codes, or any of the other nonsense people are being forced to accept.

Advertisement