Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

You read selective articles. Tanzania is absolutely riddled with covid. All its neighbours have had to instigate mandatory testing of anyone coming from there, it's freight truck drivers have routinely been turned back for testing positive. It is illegal to talk about covid in that country. Huge surges in covid number have been detected in Tanzania corrider locations. The government has told people to not even bother going to hospital.

Of all the dumb and dangerous tripe you have posted this is absolutly breathtaking.

You want a real conspiracy? Go look at the government in Tanzania's cover up of their current situation. Again, it is illegal to talk about covid there unless you are one of the government mandated propagandists.

Seriously, if you think that place is ok you need your head examined.

I don't know what's dumb about it. The President of Tanzania said months ago that covid had been removed from Tanzania by God. It was decided that that was the end of covid in Tanzania. I don't believe that covid doesn't exist in Tanzania, but the country decided to move on from the virus and go back to normal. All I'm saying is that life is normal there, or it might be more accurate to say that life is being lived normally there. Perhaps that would've been more accurate.

I don't think Tanzania is okay. I don't know that much about the country. But while they have moved on from covid, in the West we're looking at another year at least of lockdowns.

Is it inaccurate to say that Tanzania moved on from covid months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Quiner wrote: »
    I don't know what's dumb about it. The President of Tanzania said months ago that covid had been removed from Tanzania by God. It was decided that that was the end of covid in Tanzania. I don't believe that covid doesn't exist in Tanzania, but the country decided to move on from the virus and go back to normal. All I'm saying is that life is normal there, or it might be more accurate to say that life is being lived normally there. Perhaps that would've been more accurate.

I don't think Tanzania is okay. I don't know that much about the country. But while they have moved on from covid, in the West we're looking at another year at least of lockdowns.

Is it inaccurate to say that Tanzania moved on from covid months ago?

Is it normal to tell people not to bother going to hospital? Is it normal to allow your citizens to die needlessly? Is it normal to make illegal all talk of a disease running riot throughout the world? They haven't moved on, they have silenced all talk of it. People are still dying, they don't don't talk about it.

Why do you believe these other silly conspiracy theories but not acknowledge an actual conspiracy? Like, it's right there in your face. A straight out government coverup.

You clearly have an agenda. I think you need to have a long look at yourself and ask is this wall you want to die on.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder if the opinion poll results have such positive support for lockdowns because people feel they are a short term thing in light of the vaccines. Short term pain for long term gain and all that.

I just read an article from early December from Germany which said that their ICU capacity was running critically low. I suspect that this + the fact that the peak flu month of January has yet to hit could be a major catastrophy in the making that people want to avoid at all costs. They likely also saw what was happening next door in Belgium and got scared.

I think so. People believe that normality will resume now that vaccines are on the horizon. I don't share their optimism, I'm afraid. I think permanent damage has been done to society and to people. How do you stop people snitching on their neighbours? How do you make people unafraid of their fellow man? And the damage being done to children is immense, in my opinion. Children are growing up seeing people in masks everywhere they go. I don't know how that damage can be undone.

But it would be very interesting to know if there is a country out there where the vast majority are against lockdowns and the destruction of the economy and society. I can't think of any. I would've thought there'd be certain States in the US where there would be huge opposition to what's going on, but I can't think of any. The country with the largest opposition to what's going on is Germany, I think. There is a movement there called Querdenker (Lateral Thinkers). They hold regular protests are are regularly in the news. And in England there have been regular protests, but they have not been as large as the Querdenker protests.

Fear is also a huge thing as well as non-stop propaganda. Governments have for the guts of a year pushing fear. And most people have responded to the fear. Look at the hysteria over this mutation they're talking about, for example.

Is it normal to tell people not to bother going to hospital? Is it normal to allow your citizens to die needlessly? Is it normal to make illegal all talk of a disease running riot throughout the world? They haven't moved on, they have silenced all talk of it. People are still dying, they don't don't talk about it.

Why do you believe these other silly conspiracy theories but not acknowledge an actual conspiracy? Like, it's right there in your face. A straight out government coverup.

You clearly have an agenda. I think you need to have a long look at yourself and ask is this wall you want to die on.

I'm not saying any of those things are normal. I'm not saying Tanzania is right to ignore covid. I believe they shouldn't ignore it, but they have decided to ignore it and resume life as normal. Is that an inaccurate statement? That's based on the President of Tanzania himself declaring that Tanzania was covid free. It is definitely a government coverup. That's obvious. But it doesn't change the fact that the country has decided, wrongly, we both agree, to declare covid over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I think so. People believe that normality will resume now that vaccines are on the horizon. I don't share their optimism, I'm afraid. I think permanent damage has been done to society and to people. How do you stop people snitching on their neighbours? How do you make people unafraid of their fellow man? And the damage being done to children is immense, in my opinion. Children are growing up seeing people in masks everywhere they go. I don't know how that damage can be undone.

But it would be very interesting to know if there is a country out there where the vast majority are against lockdowns and the destruction of the economy and society. I can't think of any. I would've thought there'd be certain States in the US where there would be huge opposition to what's going on, but I can't think of any. The country with the largest opposition to what's going on is Germany, I think. There is a movement there called Querdenker (Lateral Thinkers). They hold regular protests are are regularly in the news. And in England there have been regular protests, but they have not been as large as the Querdenker protests.

Fear is also a huge thing as well as non-stop propaganda. Governments have for the guts of a year pushing fear. And most people have responded to the fear. Look at the hysteria over this mutation they're talking about, for example.

I think fear can be powerful. But is there an alternative to push social change to the same extent. I dont know. You cant teach behavior as the saying goes.

Kids are pretty resilient and most dont seem too fussed about masks. They learn to accept this preventative measure like many others we have in life to protect us from numerous dangers. Kids where parents lose jobs and / or have domestic stressors because of covid with be hit harder for sure.

I was watching a TED talking recently. It sounds like there will be more pandemics like this in the future and one of the big reasons is because we are hunting for resources are far reaching corners of the planet like never before. And there is where we are encountering strains of viruses and bacteria we haven't in the past.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying any of those things are normal. I'm not saying Tanzania is right to ignore covid. I believe they shouldn't ignore it, but they have decided to ignore it and resume life as normal. Is that an inaccurate statement? That's based on the President of Tanzania himself declaring that Tanzania was covid free. It is definitely a government coverup. That's obvious. But it doesn't change the fact that the country has decided, wrongly, we both agree, to declare covid over.

Glad you agree. Tanzania isn't back to normal. Not sure why you lied in the first place when it is so easily disproven? What are you trying to achieve.

WTF are you talking about? You're honestly saying that because it has been covered up and all discussion banned after they wrongly claimed God had cleansed them of the 'rona that they've gone back to normal? And you're claiming this is a good thing and something to which we should aspire?

G'way ta fcuk outta that........here's one for ya......."World hunger is over, as is the homeless situation in Ireland"

Now we can all go back to normal. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Detritus70

This is the narrative anti vaxxers, Covid deniers and conspiracy theorists are trying their damnedest to push.
    Big, scary government trying to destroy society, because fcuk you.
    There's literally never any other reason mentioned. Because there isn't.

How about an alternative point of view.
    Far Right-wing rat catchers and extremists are latching on to feelings of discontent and are exploiting gullible people to inject the above narrative to pursue their ultimate goal. To destabilise Western democracies and install right-wing governments.
    The rise of the alt-right in Europe, like the AfD, Pegida, the governments of Poland and Hungary as well as Austria certainly lend credence to this theory.
    Covid is like manna from heaven for these people, or so they think.
    In reality the conspiracy theorists are revealing themselves for what they really are.
    Quarehawks, cranks, malcontents, idiots at best and at worst right-wingers, extremists and after recent events in Germany, bordering on terrorists.
    Even people that I know who have been sceptics and certainly no fans of masks are turning against the crazies, because their non-stop wave of idiotic propaganda is becoming too transparent.
    What these people don't realise, the more extremist you get, the narrower your target audience becomes, until you are nothing but a fringe movement of crazies and nutters.

Right-wingers in Europe and Trumps disciples and QAnon nutters in the USA certainly point towards a massive avalanche of stupidity and malice in the world right now.
    Which is why right now it is extremely important for the remaining sane people to stand against this flood of mental sewage.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

There is no "they". Life is completely unpredictable and the entire world has been winging it from day one.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    There is no "they". Life is completely unpredictable and the entire world has been winging it from day one.

You’re right in that there is no ‘they’. It is an utter nonsense to thing of some global order. But I think that right wing populist political parties around the world, whether in government or not, are dominated by such similar personalities and use such similar methods (encouraging conspiracy theories, denying the validity of news reporting etc) that they could reasonably be described as a ‘they’. Even though they are not necessarily connected. The purpose, of course, is just the pursuit of power, with as much appearance of legitimacy as possible, and the spoils that that brings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don’t believe in a reset conspiracy but there definitely will be a reset, the whole concept of the pub in Ireland might well be lost for a start, gigs will take years to get back to normal and many monster live bands will have retired so the lesser bands will be king thus changing the experience.

I’m sure the list goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ok so earlier today I made eye contact with a badger and he tapped his snout in a kinda 'I know what's going on' kinda way.....what can it mean :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

A vaccine for covid as a means to depopulate, is a waste of time because a virus without a vaccine would do that job on it's own. Note for myself...

I don’t believe in a reset conspiracy but there definitely will be a reset, the whole concept of the pub in Ireland might well be lost for a start, gigs will take years to get back to normal and many monster live bands will have retired so the lesser bands will be king thus changing the experience.

I’m sure the list goes on

You're right. Very hard to see pubs ever again being a feature of Irish life. That's the plan, in my opinion.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder if the opinion poll results have such positive support for lockdowns because people feel they are a short term thing in light of the vaccines. Short term pain for long term gain and all that.

I just read an article from early December from Germany which said that their ICU capacity was running critically low. I suspect that this + the fact that the peak flu month of January has yet to hit could be a major catastrophy in the making that people want to avoid at all costs. They likely also saw what was happening next door in Belgium and got scared.

Yes, I think that's the reason people support them in such huge numbers. I would've expected a significant drop in support for them after a year, but support for them has remained steady since March. It baffles me. This is to continue until 2022 at least, but I imagine that upwards of 90% of Irish people will continue to support them until 2022, and possibly even until 2023.

In the UK the policy since March has been to deliberately frighten people into submission.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/882722/25-options-for-increasing-adherence-to-social-distancing-measures-22032020.pdf

From the above document entitled 'Options for increasing adherence to social distancing measures':

Perceived threat: A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened; it
    could be that they are reassured by the low death rate in their demographic group (8), although levels of
    concern may be rising (9). Having a good understanding of the risk has been found to be positively
    associated with adoption of COVID-19 social distancing measures in Hong Kong (10). The perceived level
    of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

You're right. Very hard to see pubs ever again being a feature of Irish life. That's the plan, in my opinion.

In my opinion, you're wrong.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    In my opinion, you're wrong.

I can't see how they'll ever open again when they'll have been closed, or more or less closed, for almost two years.

Why do you think I'm wrong?

I can't see how they'll ever open again when they'll have been closed, or more or less closed, for almost two years.

I can't see how they'll never open again when they'll have been closed, or more or less closed, for almost two years.

I think you are wrong because there's absolutely no logical reason to keep them closed permanently.

Cinemas have been closed or more or less closed for ages. Hairdressers and barbers have been closed for ages. Are they going to be closed permanently? Why not?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

You are not only wrong, you are bad at conspiracy theories.

Alcohol helps pacify a population. Your imaginary overlords would be fools if they closed them.

Some pubs could easily shut, but others will take their place if the business opportunity is there.

Penfailed wrote: »
    I can't see how they'll never open again when they'll have been closed, or more or less closed, for almost two years.

I think you are wrong because there's absolutely no logical reason to keep them closed permanently.

Cinemas have been closed or more or less closed for ages. Hairdressers and barbers have been closed for ages. Are they going to be closed permanently? Why not?

Unless the reason is to destroy them by design. Then it's very logical.

But there are pubs in Ireland, so-called wet pubs, that have been closed since March. Won't they all be bankrupt by 2022, by which time we may have some semblance of normality, according to Hancock?

The reason I singled out pubs is because they are a feature of Irish life and culture. But I could definitely see cinemas and hairdressers never opening again.

• Advertisement

You are not only wrong, you are bad at conspiracy theories.

Alcohol helps pacify a population. Your imaginary overlords would be fools if they closed them.

Some pubs could easily shut, but others will take their place if the business opportunity is there.

Yes, that could definitely happen. But I don't understand why anyone would risk opening a pub or restaurant when the government can just shut it down without warning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It has certainly had the effect of removing a lot of cash from circulation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

sabat wrote: »
    It has certainly had the effect of removing a lot of cash from circulation...

So that's the plan then...
    Step 1: Fake virus.
    Step 2: Close down haridressers.
    Step 3: Abolish cash.
    Step 4: Make everyone into cyborgs/give them a mark of the beast.
    Step 5: profit/allow satan to return to earth.

You guys believe some wacky stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

King Mob wrote: »
    So that's the plan then...
    Step 1: Fake virus.
    Step 2: Close down haridressers.
    Step 3: Abolish cash.
    Step 4: Make everyone into cyborgs/give them a mark of the beast.
    Step 5: profit/allow satan to return to earth.

You guys believe some wacky stuff.

Has a lot of cash been removed from circulation? Yes or no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

people are certainly using less cash. that doesn't mean they will continue to do so after this is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,633 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But there are pubs in Ireland, so-called wet pubs, that have been closed since March. Won't they all be bankrupt by 2022, by which time we may have some semblance of normality, according to Hancock?

The reason I singled out pubs is because they are a feature of Irish life and culture. But I could definitely see cinemas and hairdressers never opening again.

So the "elite" are doing this to us, So the Hollywood "elite" would allow thier cash cow to die for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You tell us.
    You're welcome to show us that this is the case using actual evidence (ie not some unsupported claim on twitter or youtube.)
    And then you can explain how this fits into the conspiracy to turn everyone into cyborgs at the behest of Satan.

No, it's illogical. How will they all be bankrupt? They have outgoings such as insurance and the like. They have government payments to cover these. What's to be gained by closing hairdressers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yes.

1. Physical cash usage has been decreasing. Why? because it's usually easier and more convenient for most people to pay by chip and pin, contactless, digital and online

2. Physical coins and notes are not popular during a pandemic, why? because for obvious reasons, people don't want to be handing them to each other. Ergo physical cash usage has decreased more.

Sorry, is there some big conspiracy going on with physical/digital cash? if yes, please explain it, with details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

But I could definitely see cinemas and hairdressers never opening again.

That is a mental thing to believe.

Thats been happening slowly since the 70s. Its a good thing.

Advertisement