Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Penfailed wrote: »
    In my opinion, you're wrong.

I have the exact same opinion as you.

Quiner wrote: »
    Yes, that could definitely happen. But I don't understand why anyone would risk opening a pub or restaurant when the government can just shut it down without warning.

It is obvious that business is another thing you don’t know about or understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

No, it's illogical. How will they all be bankrupt? They have outgoings such as insurance and the like. They have government payments to cover these. What's to be gained by closing hairdressers?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/irish-pub-restaurant-chiefs-warn-22988566

Then why do we hear talk of a tsunami of business closures?

And not just in Ireland:

https://www.law.com/dailybusinessreview/2020/07/23/next-up-a-tsunami-of-bankruptcy-filings-due-to-covid-closures/?slreturn=20201126131052

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-09-19/hotels-out-of-business-covid-pandemic

It is obvious that business is another thing you don’t know about or understand.

Didn't you confuse a freedom pass the other day?

You know I already posted in reply to you a few days ago about loads of businesses opening too. So stop with the nonsense. The nature of business is some will close but they will be replaced by others.

• Advertisement

Didn't you confuse a freedom pass the other day?

Again. Stop with the bs. You called it a freedom pass when it isn’t. Freedom pass already exists for travel in London.

Also the topic here is business and you don’t understand the basics.

You know I already posted in reply to you a few days ago about loads of businesses opening too. So stop with the nonsense. The nature of business is some will close but they will be replaced by others.

And loads will close. That's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And how does this benefit the global conspiracy?

Again. Stop with the bs. You called it a freedom pass when it isn’t. Freedom pass already exists for travel in London.

Also the topic here is business and you don’t understand the basics.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/coronavirus-freedom-passes-breach-of-civil-liberties-vaccine/

Then they shouldn't the coming freedom passes 'freedom passes'.

King Mob wrote: »

The new businesses to replace the old are being run by the elite. Didn’t you hear on brietbart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Are you surprised that businesses that can't trade are having to close? I'm not. It's unfortunate but it's somewhat inevitable. Once all this is over, they'll reopen.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

As usual, change the topic because you are being pulled up on your nonsense.

The new businesses to replace the old are being run by the elite. Didn’t you hear on brietbart?
    Cyborg hairdressers?

Destroy small and medium sized businesses so that the likes of Amazon get even richer. It's being happening since March.

Are you surprised that businesses that can't trade are having to close? I'm not. It's unfortunate but it's somewhat inevitable. Once all this is over, they'll reopen.

I'm not surprised, but I believe it's being done by design.

Destroy small and medium sized businesses so that the likes of Amazon get even richer. It's being happening since March.

It's been happening for years. The high street haven't adapted to the internet age of shopping. But, sure, it's all Jeff Bezos' fault.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You're not an economist I can tell.....

I'm not surprised, but I believe it's being done by design.

You think that they won't reopen?

For the record, I don't think it's being done by design.

How will amazon benefit from hairdressers closing?

Also Amazon are now part of the global conspiracy.
    Cool. That makes your position even more ridiculous and funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,633 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Since when did amazon offer haircuts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You clearly have difficulty understanding what is going on (a very clear trend here among conspiracy theorists), so will try to explain in a simple way..

Using the example of the hairdressers:

There is a big pandemic happening. It's threatening to clog our healthcare systems with patients, which is extremely serious, so we've had to take drastic measures: lockdown. Lockdown means we may flatten the curve and stop people dying on the steps of hospitals, but one side effect of that is that businesses, e.g. hairdressers, may go out of business

Solution? borrow money to give to hairdressers while they are forced to close as part of the lockdown.

Unfortunately there has been a second wave of the virus. Why? measures against it worked, but we relaxed, reduced those measures and unfortunately the virus came back.

But why didn't we just keep the lockdown in place for much longer? because there is extraordinary pressure to re-open the economy, people's livelihoods are on the line, we don't have unlimited funds and resources to cover all of this

This second lockdown (which was essential) has put additional pressures on supporting small (and medium sized and large) businesses everywhere that rely on people having to work in proximity with others.

There is a constant fluid knife-edge balancing act between keeping the economy open enough to function, and closed enough to reduce the spread of the virus to a manageable level.

Is there any part of that you don't understand? if not, then why are you making up these absurd claims about conspiracies.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Is there any part of that you don't understand? if not, then why are you making up these absurd claims about conspiracies.
    I think that's why the conspiracies are being clamped onto.
    They don't understand that as it's a bit too complex and it's a bit too scary.
    So when cranks on youtube and twitter come along offering an easy explanation that also has the side benefit of letting someone pretend to be a rebel researcher with secret knowledge, they swallow it hook line and sinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

sabat wrote: »
    Has a lot of cash been removed from circulation? Yes or no.
    You tell us.
    You're welcome to show us that this is the case using actual evidence (ie not some unsupported claim on twitter or youtube.)
    And then you can explain how this fits into the conspiracy to turn everyone into cyborgs at the behest of Satan.

Mod
    Again, not all conspiracy theorists have the same ideas.
    It wasn't Sabat who raised the cyborgs topic.

Don't drag him/her into that concept.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You clearly have difficulty understanding what is going on (a very clear trend here among conspiracy theorists), so will try to explain in a simple way..

Using the example of the hairdressers:

There is a big pandemic happening. It's threatening to clog our healthcare systems with patients, which is extremely serious, so we've had to take drastic measures: lockdown. Lockdown means we may flatten the curve and stop people dying on the steps of hospitals, but one side effect of that is that businesses, e.g. hairdressers, may go out of business

Solution? borrow money to give to hairdressers while they are forced to close as part of the lockdown.

Unfortunately there has been a second wave of the virus. Why? measures against it worked, but we relaxed, reduced those measures and unfortunately the virus came back.

But why didn't we just keep the lockdown in place for much longer? because there is extraordinary pressure to re-open the economy, people's livelihoods are on the line, we don't have unlimited funds and resources to cover all of this

This second lockdown (which was essential) has put additional pressures on supporting small (and medium sized and large) businesses everywhere that rely on people having to work in proximity with others.

There is a constant fluid knife-edge balancing act between keeping the economy open enough to function, and closed enough to reduce the spread of the virus to a manageable level.

Locking down over and over again shows zero regard for small and medium sized businesses. There's no balancing act going on, in my opinion. They're being destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Locking down over and over again shows zero regard for small and medium sized businesses. There's no balancing act going on, in my opinion. They're being destroyed.

Unsurprisingly, wrong again. We have multiple lockdowns purely because they opened up again to allow businesses to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Over and over and over again the same bullsh*t argument.
    "Big, nasty government is destroying society, because fcuk you".
    Why?!
    Tell me one good reason!

All conspiracy theories have this argument at heart. Some shadowy cabal trying to destroy the economy/the planet/depopulate the planet, because "reasons".

Of course a good conspiracy theory is vague, nonsensical and unprovable, it's all about spinning a yarn.
    It used to be fun in the 90's, X Files style.
    But idiots started believing that crap.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Detritus70 wrote: »
    Over and over and over again the same bullsh*t argument.
    "Big, nasty government is destroying society, because fcuk you".
    Why?!
    Tell me one good reason!

To reset society and build back better. Hence the use of the slogan 'build back better' all across the world. Biden, Johnson, Trudeau, Donnelly, among others, are all saying 'build back better'. Trudeau even said the pandemic had provided the opportunity for a 'reset'.

To reset society and build back better. Hence the use of the slogan 'build back better' all across the world. Biden, Johnson, Trudeau, Donnelly, among others, are all saying 'build back better'. Trudeau even said the pandemic had provided the opportunity for a 'reset'.

So how does shutting down small businesses achieve this. Someone else mentioned hairdressers. How does denying people haircuts feed into this plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,633 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So how does shutting down small businesses achieve this. Someone else mentioned hairdressers. How does denying people haircuts feed into this plan?

Apparently amazon are going to sell them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Detritus70

It doesn't work that way.
    Most conspiracy nutters just have a hard-on for a post apocalyptic Mad Max world.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Advertisement