Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Apparently amazon are going to sell them :pac:

Jeff Bezos personally, not Amazon. He’ll be a busy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Still wondering why there is a thread on The Great Reset in Conspiracies as it’s an actual event documented by the WEF & many so called elites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Still wondering why there is a thread on The Great Reset in Conspiracies as it’s an actual event documented by the WEF & many so called elites

Because there's an actual event to discuss ways of making the world better by reducing poverty and pollution with a tagline called The Great Reset...and then there's people that think it's a nefarious plot to take over the world, hence, a conspiracy.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Ask admins as they would know best.

My take on it is that you and others hear something and immediately think it will definitely come to be. The rest of us hear something and think logically and come to the conclusion that there is no certainty that one persons ideas will definitely come to be and then we find ourselves having to dispel the lies and misinformation that have stemmed from conspiracy theorist. This helps guide other gullible people into a reasonable path of thought. So if the conspiracy theorist didn’t exist this thread wouldn’t be here, and it would be discussed very differently.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Because there's an actual event to discuss ways of making the world better by reducing poverty and pollution with a tagline called The Great Reset...and then there's people that think it's a nefarious plot to take over the world, hence, a conspiracy.

Reducing poverty? How many people do you know that have increased their net worth this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Reducing poverty? How many people do you know that have increased their net worth this year?

They have been reducing poverty by crushing small and medium sized businesses for almost a year with their lockdowns. And they also want to reduce world hunger, I have been told. 125 million more people are now at risk of dying of starvation because of their lockdowns. So figure that one out.

I have by a little. Maybe I am part of the elite. Where do I get my membership card and learn the secret handshake? I want to rule the world.

Quiner wrote: »
    They have been reducing poverty by crushing small and medium sized businesses for almost a year with their lockdowns. And they also want to reduce world hunger, I have been told. 125 million more people are now at risk of dying of starvation because of their lockdowns. So figure that one out.

So how does preventing people getting hair cuts feed into your theory?

I have by a little. Maybe I am part of the elite. Where do I get my membership card and learn the secret handshake? I want to rule the world.

A little is not going to be enough to see this out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah, that comes after the reset part obviously? Oh wait, you are one of the folk that deliberately misinterpret basic messages and agree with nutjobs without doing any research. But other people are sheep, not you. What would you call someone that blindly follows unsubstantiated rumours from people that are trying to flog ****e or that latch on to right wing propaganda. Not sheep, no way. Your eyes are totally open. Lol.

• Advertisement

A little is not going to be enough to see this out

My little might be a lot to you.

How much will I need, and what am I trying to see out? Do I just need enough to buy my own hair razor from Jeff so I don’t need the barbers?

My little might be a lot to you.

I doubt it

I doubt it

So how much do I need to see it out? Also, what is it I am trying to see out?

So how does denting people hair cuts feed into your theory?

You're focusing on haircuts instead of the destruction of small and medium sized businesses and the millions more at risk of starving to death as a result of lockdowns. If barber shops and hairdressers go out of business do the barbers and hairdressers who are unemployed just magically get jobs in the very few, if any, that are left. Some would be replaced because people will always need to cut their hair, but many will go bust and many will be unemployed and have to think of another career if they find they can't get work as a barber or a hairdresser.

You're focusing on haircuts instead of the destruction of small and medium sized businesses and the millions more at risk of starving to death as a result of lockdowns. If barber shops and hairdressers go out of business do the barbers and hairdressers who are unemployed just magically get jobs in the very few, if any, that are left. Some would be replaced because people will always need to cut their hair, but many will go bust and many will be unemployed and have to think of another career if they find they can't get work as a barber or a hairdresser.

You are talking to someone here who’s family lost their business in the last recession. You don’t understand what you are talking about. You don’t understand entrepreneurs. Businesses are lost every day, and people move on. New ones also open every day.

So why are the government not following nphets recommendation of a full level 5. Why are the government paying people more than the dole. Why are the government providing a wage subsidy scheme. Why are the government providing grants for businesses affected. Why are the government formulating a relief scheme.

You argument falls apart under the most basic of scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Do you think that there are currently too many hairdressers/barbers? If there's not too many and all those currently operating are making a living, then there's still going to be a need for all those hairdressers and barbers when this is all over.

EDIT - The same goes for all the other SMEs.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

You are talking to someone here who’s family lost their business in the last recession. You don’t understand what you are talking about. You don’t understand entrepreneurs. Businesses are lost every day, and people move on. New ones also open every day.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they're okay now.

I just worry that so many businesses will close, never to be replaced. And I also worry that people won't be able to get jobs when they close. Especially when Ione reads of a 'tsunami of bankruptcies'.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they're okay now.

I just worry that so many businesses will close, never to be replaced. And I also worry that people won't be able to get jobs when they close. Especially when Ione reads of a 'tsunami of bankruptcies'.

Did you sleep through the banking crisis and the other recessions before they. Look up the figures and you will see how many people ended up unemployed. People are resilient and your worry is pointless. It also makes no sense in any manner for the government to shut down businesses forever across the board because new ones always appear in their place. The live register figures prove this.

So how much do I need to see it out? Also, what is it I am trying to see out?

Probably a lot more than you have in cash reserves

• Advertisement

Or end up working for a state owned barber on minimum wage

Why?

New conspiracy- a world wide pandemic may cause job losses. This just in, water is wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

So how does preventing people getting hair cuts feed into your theory?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hair+trimmer&ref=nb_sb_noss

And this worldwide pandemic has provided the greatest opportunity to accelerate the Great Reset

And this worldwide pandemic has provided the greatest opportunity to accelerate the Great Reset

So why do I need more cash than I have stuffed under my mattress and buried in the back garden?

So why do I need more cash than I have stuffed under my mattress and buried in the back garden?

You better dig that up as physical cash won’t save you

You better dig that up as physical cash won’t save you

Jeez. You really can’t provide a straight answer to a simple question. You mentioned cash reserves. Now you are saying that cash won’t save me! Please try thinking before typing.

Do you understand that cash reserves are for the short term by definition, not long term?

Anyway. How does this fit in with the conspiracy in your head that you can’t explain to us. Maybe just be coherent about this one little bit and it might help everyone understand.

Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.

• Advertisement

Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.

Dodging again.

Advertisement