Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

Quiner wrote: »
    To reset society and build back better. Hence the use of the slogan 'build back better' all across the world. Biden, Johnson, Trudeau, Donnelly, among others, are all saying 'build back better'. Trudeau even said the pandemic had provided the opportunity for a 'reset'.

Yeah, I think they’re talking about reshaping public transport infrastructure, electric cars, working from home supports, regional re-balancing away from single urban centres (that’s a big one), incentives for ‘green’ entrepreneurs (to fill that SME void that you keep talking about), environment and sustainability policies (which will inevitably die on a hill, despite best intentions) and the list could go on and on

What, specifically, do you think they are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah, I think they’re talking about reshaping public transport infrastructure, electric cars, working from home supports, regional re-balancing away from single urban centres (that’s a big one), incentives for ‘green’ entrepreneurs (to fill that SME void that you keep talking about), environment and sustainability policies (which will inevitably die on a hill, despite best intentions) and the list could go on and on

He thinks 'Build back better' means 'Murder old people'. That's the gist of his argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Dionaibh wrote: »
    SI have heard people argue that countries are deliberately destroying their economies so that they can be rebuilt according to the vision WEF has for the world.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Politicians want to be re-elected.

They want the economy to be doing well.

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Yeah, that’s about technology, and is the direction we’ve been heading for a decade already. Its been an inevitability for a long time. The article is from 2016 and the only part that COVID has hastened is the end of the traditional commute (which was starting to see its demise anyway).

I don’t see anything here relevant to some ‘great reset’ that some are banging on about and doesn’t answer my question about what, specifically, it will entail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Based on the talk of huge changes and of there being bc (before corona) and ac (after corona) one could speculate as to the following being consequences of the Great Reset:

Heavy restrictions on travel (justified by 'climate change'), health passports, the abolition of cash, the abolition of private property, digital currency.

I'm just speculating. That's what many believe will be the consequences of the Great Reset.

And then there's the 4th Industrial Revolution to worry about. That's also part of the Great Reset.

Schwab has described the idea of returning to normal as a 'fiction'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Is this Schwab guy like the new George Soros or Bill Gates for the conspiracy theorists??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKekh8YsG7U

Schwab in January 2020: "It's relatively difficult to get such a sense of urgency when the stock markets are doing so well"

Schwab in January 2020: "It's relatively difficult to get such a sense of urgency when the stock markets are doing so well"

What is your point with the random quotes?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What is your point with the random quotes?

He lamented that there wasn't the sense of urgency he wanted and a couple of months later he gets that sense of urgency.

• Advertisement

Based on the talk of huge changes and of there being bc (before corona) and ac (after corona) one could speculate as to the following being consequences of the Great Reset:

Heavy restrictions on travel (justified by 'climate change'), health passports, the abolition of cash, the abolition of private property, digital currency.

I'm just speculating. That's what many believe will be the consequences of the Great Reset.

And then there's the 4th Industrial Revolution to worry about. That's also part of the Great Reset.

Schwab has described the idea of returning to normal as a 'fiction'.

With all due respect, that is absolutely all over the place. You’re mixing up technological trends are unarguable and that have been underway for years (and hardly therefore a ‘reset’), with conspiracy theory nonsense about abolition of private property (how exactly, and to what end?) and policies on travel that, in the context of climate change, many would argue have a lot of sense (the world is getting ruined by cheap tourism)

Anyway, it’s too late to get sucked into some conspiracy theory hole. Goodnight

He lamented that there wasn't the sense of urgency he wanted and a couple of months later he gets that sense of urgency.

Once again, do you actually realise that the stock markets are now at record highs?

Jeez. You really can’t provide a straight answer to a simple question. You mentioned cash reserves. Now you are saying that cash won’t save me! Please try thinking before typing.

Do you understand that cash reserves are for the short term by definition, not long term?

Anyway. How does this fit in with the conspiracy in your head that you can’t explain to us. Maybe just be coherent about this one little bit and it might help everyone understand.

At some point you wont be able to use that cash you are holding as the banks will be asking everyone to bring it in when the ECB launches the CBDC

Every single transaction of yours will be monitored, say goodbye to your privacy
    You wont be able to tip the taxi driver, the waitress with your cash, everything will be taxed

Its a tiny part of the reset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

At some point you wont be able to use that cash you are holding as the banks will be asking everyone to bring it in when the ECB launches the CBDC

Every single transaction of yours will be monitored, say goodbye to your privacy
    You wont be able to tip the taxi driver, the waitress with your cash, everything will be taxed

Its a tiny part of the reset

Do you not think that every electronic transaction is already monitored?

Without tax we couldn’t pay people to live in their bedroom to go down rabbit hole conspiracy theories.

Yeah, that’s about technology, and is the direction we’ve been heading for a decade already. Its been an inevitability for a long time. The article is from 2016 and the only part that COVID has hastened is the end of the traditional commute (which was starting to see its demise anyway).

I don’t see anything here relevant to some ‘great reset’ that some are banging on about and doesn’t answer my question about what, specifically, it will entail

Its not all about technology

Hence his long term anomosity with Trump

The pandemic proved a great opportunity to kill that economy temporarily to take the opportunity to accelerate the GR

So what happens when you realise that the great reset is not as you anticipated? What’s next?

Do you not think that every electronic transaction is already monitored?

Not every transaction is monitored, you are missing the point

So what happens when you realise that the great reset is not as you anticipated? What’s next?

Its not my Great Reset, they have already indicated what is coming

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Is this Schwab guy like the new George Soros or Bill Gates for the conspiracy theorists??

Dont get too distracted by Schwab, Soros & Gates.
    Yes, they are important and somewhere at the top of the pyramid, but there are much higher people in power
    British Royals
    Various families within the vatican
    Li (Chinese/Jewish descent)
    and of course the Rothschilds

• Advertisement

Its not all about technology

By 2030 I predict that aliens will invade and kill off all conspiracy theorists using a new technology that hasn’t been invented yet. Apples will be blue, oranges will be black. Grass will grow in the sky, and clouds will be kept in jam jars. I will call it Enforced Life Changes 2030. I could go on forever with my predictions. Can you please start a thread on ELC 2030 for me please?

Its not my Great Reset, they have already indicated what is coming

I never said it your great reset, but the conspiracy theory in your head is all yours. So what will happen if the WEF imaginations don’t come to pass?

By 2030 I predict that aliens will invade and kill off all conspiracy theorists using a new technology that hasn’t been invented yet. Apples will be blue, oranges will be black. Grass will grow in the sky, and clouds will be kept in jam jars. I will call it Enforced Life Changes 2030. I could go on forever with my predictions. Can you please start a thread on ELC 2030 for me please?

Aliens are already here, the rest is very plausible though

Yes, they are important and somewhere at the top of the pyramid, but there are much higher people in power
    British Royals

Vatican families? Please provide family trees. This new element has me intrigued.

Sorry, but the fact that you believe that it is plausible is a sign that you need to get yourself off the internet. Your mind has gone beyond reason and into fantasy. It is seriously effed up. I can’t believe it would be sarcasm either due to all your previous posts.

Hence his long term anomosity with Trump

The pandemic proved a great opportunity to kill that economy temporarily to take the opportunity to accelerate the GR

Correct. And get rid of Trump and install Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,258 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

British Royals
    And these aliens, are they perhaps behind some of this "bloodlines"?

And are they perhaps lizard-like?

It's getting very David Ickey in here.

I know a way I will boost my Cash reserves. I’ll create a website and a YouTube Chanel and push my ELC 2030 agenda while begging for money. Sounds like a quick way to make a few bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

That old chestnut? It's been discussed before. Most people came to the conclusion that it was one fellas vision of what the future could be like. Another fella (Robert Zemekis) did the same thing one time and then turned it into an entertaining film.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Advertisement

Not one of the Great Reset believers has been able to answer this simple question. If the Great Reset is going to see private property abolished, who is going to confiscate stuff from people and what are they going to do with it?

Advertisement