Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,633 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Quiner wrote: »
    That's based on what is being called for on greatreset.com. You don't have to believe it, but they are calling for lockdown like life until 2030.

No they're not, you are twisting whats been said to fit an idiotic agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No they're not, you are twisting whats been said to fit an idiotic agenda.

This thread and whole forum pretty much summed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Ah that's not fair, look at the thread exposing the government conspiracy to cover up covid in Tanzania. Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Somewhat narcissistic to be on every thread so

Somewhat narcissistic to be on every thread so

Is there a conspiracy about the "Great Reset" that you believe? if so, what is it? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

So they openly state that human beings have to live until 2030 as though they were living in lockdown and still it's a conspiracy theory.

Yes. It's still a conspiracy theory because that's not what they said, it's what someone thinks they mean. It's not the same people behind both things either. Oh, and human beings will not be living as though they were living in lockdown until 2030. I find it difficult to believe that you actually think this is in any way feasible.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yes. It's still a conspiracy theory because that's not what they said, it's what someone thinks they mean. It's not the same people behind both things either. Oh, and human beings will not be living as though they were living in lockdown until 2030. I find it difficult to believe that you actually think this is in any way feasible.

Then what are they saying?

Is there any evidence to suggest that the Irish would fight against lockdowns for years? All RTÉ and the government would have to say is "it's for your safety".

Is there any evidence to suggest that the Irish would fight against lockdowns for years? All RTÉ and the government would have to say is "it's for your safety".

So this conspiracy is now confined to Ireland? Do you think that the British or the Americans or Brazilians or Spanish or Italians would all lock down if told to for year after year?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

So they openly state that human beings have to live until 2030 as though they were living in lockdown and still it's a conspiracy theory.

Peter Hitchens compared people giving out about cycle lanes in England with not caring about their freedom being taken away from them and the government controlling what they can do, whom they can see, how they dress, and even what time they can stay out until.

Not sure what this entire thread is about, but regarding freedoms being taken away from them, whatever about vaccines, smartphones, have Earpieces been the silent takeover of Sales Assistants? Any previous argument with a shop, and next visit the Sales Assistants will be like toy-robots, saying exactly the words that are said into the earpieces by the shop surveillance weirdos.

So this conspiracy is now confined to Ireland? Do you think that the British or the Americans or Brazilians or Spanish or Italians would all lock down if told to for year after year?

I was using Ireland as an example. There is no evidence to suggest that the Irish would protest against lockdowns for years. Look at the hysteria case numbers has caused in the past year. They could just keep reporting case numbers for years and years.

I actually don't think America would resist. There have been hardly any protests in the US. Hardly any in Spain or Italy either. I could definitely see a large number of the British people resisting. There have been regular protests in England especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Notmything

There are protests on an almost weekly basis against the restrictions. Businesses are in the media everyday criticising government actions.
    There are cases due before the courts to have restrictions lifted.

It would appear rte/government aren't as all powerful as you allege.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

It means restrictions on our lives and on what we can do. A bit like now, only for another 10 years.

there is an interview with someone called Pat Buchanan, who says that the Chinese devalued their money by 50% about 30 yrs. ago. [kinda' just at the stroke of a pen].

Whereas, he said, the U.S. still had to pay top dollar? to China for their goods.

Notmything wrote: »
    There are protests on an almost weekly basis against the restrictions. Businesses are in the media everyday criticising government actions.
    There are cases due before the courts to have restrictions lifted.

It would appear rte/government aren't as all powerful as you allege.

But there's nothing like Querdenken in Ireland. Could you ever imagine a million people, for example, protesting against endless lockdowns? There may be small protests in the country, but the vast majority of the Irish people continue to believe everything the government and RTÉ say. But that's true of most countries. At least it is in the West. That's why I've been wondering whether there is a country in the world where the majority is against what's going on. I can't think of a single country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Notmything

But there's nothing like Querdenken in Ireland. Could you ever imagine a million people, for example, protesting against endless lockdowns? There may be small protests in the country, but the vast majority of the Irish people continue to believe everything the government and RTÉ say. But that's true of most countries. At least it is in the West. That's why I've been wondering whether there is a country in the world where the majority is against what's going on. I can't think of a single country.

Maybe the majority feel that the restrictions are worth it to see out the pandemic.

I was using Ireland as an example. There is no evidence to suggest that the Irish would protest against lockdowns for years. Look at the hysteria case numbers has caused in the past year. They could just keep reporting case numbers for years and years.

I actually don't think America would resist. There have been hardly any protests in the US. Hardly any in Spain or Italy either. I could definitely see a large number of the British people resisting. There have been regular protests in England especially.

Hardly any protests in the US? That’s only because the best part of 50% of the population have completely ignored the rules.

Notmything wrote: »
    Maybe the majority feel that the restrictions are worth it to see out the pandemic.

True, or they might be paralysed by fear. It's hard to know.

What got me thinking about protests is something Peter Hitchens said. He compared British people being extremely angry about bicycle lanes with not being at all angry about the government deciding whom they can see, where they can go, how many people they can see, what time they can stay out until, what they could buy in the pub (before they closed the pubs once again) etc. Every aspect of their lives controlled by the government and they get angry over cycle lanes.

Hardly any protests in the US? That’s only because the best part of 50% of the population have completely ignored the rules.

Is that true, though? I don't want to go off on a tangent about masks, but I posted a link to an article in the New York Times a few days ago about mask wearing in the US. According to the article, 85 - 90% of the American people wear masks every day.

Is that true, though? I don't want to go off on a tangent about masks, but I posted a link to an article in the New York Times a few days ago about mask wearing in the US. According to the article, 85 - 90% of the American people wear masks every day.

In June it was only 65% who said they wore masks.

Americans, for many factors, have been generally more resistant to the notion of wearing masks than other nations. For example, the US president, many of his inside circle and indeed many across the Republican party flouted mask-wearing (and as a result more than a few got Covid). I have several friends who live on both the East and West coast, they have complained that mask-wearing is bad over there.

Here's an article with some background
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53477121

and this shifting perceptions on masks in the US
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/08/27/more-americans-say-they-are-regularly-wearing-masks-in-stores-and-other-businesses/

There are now zero doubts that masks reduce the spread of the virus, this has been thoroughly explained (and re-explained) to you. You have no excuse to "not get it".

In June it was only 65% who said they wore masks.

Americans, for many factors, have been generally more resistant to the notion of wearing masks than other nations. For example, the US president, many of his inside circle and indeed many across the Republican party flouted mask-wearing (and as a result more than a few got Covid). I have several friends who live on both the East and West coast, they have complained that mask-wearing is bad over there.

Here's an article with some background
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53477121

and this shifting perceptions on masks in the US
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/08/27/more-americans-say-they-are-regularly-wearing-masks-in-stores-and-other-businesses/

There are now zero doubts that masks reduce the spread of the virus, this has been thoroughly explained (and re-explained) to you. You have no excuse to "not get it".

Thanks. I didn't realise it was 65% in June.

I just wondered if all the talk of masks being an issue in the US was a bit exaggerated. There's a lot more opposition to restrictions in Germany, from what I can see, (the Querdenken movement, for example) but we constantly hear about how divided the US is and how this has hindered the response there (the country is undoubtedly divided). But there have been very few protests for months now, mask wearing is as high as 90%, and the majority continues to support what's going on.

But I think we should park the mask talk. I just wanted to touch on it briefly.

I don't know if you answered yet but you claimed (based on a Youtube video from a known conspiracy theorist) that hedge funds are "ordering" world governments to sabotage their own economies using the virus as a pretext. As insane things go, that's quite high up there, but am willing to hear it out.

Please explain how hedge funds "ordered" e.g. Putin and Xi Jinping to decimate their own economies under a false pretext..

(No making stuff up, no paste-dumps, no "watch the video", no "open your eyes/make up your own mind/research it". Just details of this conspiracy which you claim is going on right now across the world, thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Thanks. I didn't realise it was 65% in June.

I just wondered if all the talk of masks being an issue in the US was a bit exaggerated. There's a lot more opposition to restrictions in Germany, from what I can see, (the Querdenken movement, for example) but we constantly hear about how divided the US is and how this has hindered the response there (the country is undoubtedly divided). But there have been very few protests for months now, mask wearing is as high as 90%, and the majority continues to support what's going on.

You've mentioned the opposition to restrictions in Germany a few times. The number of protesters is absolutely tiny compared to the population of Germany. The biggest protest seems to be around 30,000 in a country with a population of nearly 90 million.
    It's common knowledge that masks aren't popular among Trump supporters and just looking at how close the election results were might give you a clue to how sizable the opposition to mask wearing is there.

Are you completely denying that masks help prevent the spread of covid19 and if so why?

I think you should park all debate until you do some research. Get your information from Twitter or wherever you like, but just verify it and stop posting nonsense on here. It's getting boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

And you believe him? Do you believe North Korea when they say they have no covid cases?

I don't believe lots that we are told at the moment, NK, or UK, they are all at it but some places more than others. I trust countries outside of Europe more than in it

Australia has lost it

aido79 wrote: »
    You've mentioned the opposition to restrictions in Germany a few times. The number of protesters is absolutely tiny compared to the population of Germany. The biggest protest seems to be around 30,000 in a country with a population of nearly 90 million.
    It's common knowledge that masks aren't popular among Trump supporters and just looking at how close the election results were might give you a clue to how sizable the opposition to mask wearing is there.

Are you completely denying that masks help prevent the spread of covid19 and if so why?

I think you should park all debate until you do some research. Get your information from Twitter or wherever you like, but just verify it and stop posting nonsense on here. It's getting boring.

Still huge compared with other countries. The government has taken everything from people and not so much as a whimper. They control every aspect of our lives.

I'm saying it's exaggerated when 90% of Americans wear them every day. That's not a divisive issue. That's almost 100% compliance.

This isn't the mask thread, so it's not the place to discuss them.

People have different opinions. If we all agreed with each other then life would be pretty boring.

Did you miss my question above about your conspiracy?

There is quite a noticeable pattern of people claiming conspiracies here, then doing everything to avoid questions/details about these conspiracies..

Did you miss my question above about your conspiracy?

There is quite a noticeable pattern of people claiming conspiracies here, then doing everything to avoid questions/details about these conspiracies..

I explained that I found the arguments persuasive. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What does that chapter of the book specify exactly? Or did you just see a tweet and dump it here?

I explained that I found the arguments persuasive. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Thank you.

Right so you unquestioningly swallow a (far-fetched) 15 minute Youtube conspiracy, for which you miraculously require no details nor can't produce any

Yet with all the evidence and explanations in the world you can't understand what a pandemic is, why there are measures against it and what an annual global economic forum is..

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’ll assume you haven’t read any more of the book than is in that tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The Nal wrote: »
    What does that chapter of the book specify exactly? Or did you just see a tweet and dump it here?

The lad from the tweet hasn't even read the book, he says that in his tweet. Even the images he did post have nothing weird in them.

Advertisement