Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Quiner wrote: »
    Still huge compared with other countries. The government has taken everything from people and not so much as a whimper. They control every aspect of our lives.

I'm saying it's exaggerated when 90% of Americans wear them every day. That's not a divisive issue. That's almost 100% compliance.

This isn't the mask thread, so it's not the place to discuss them.

People have different opinions. If we all agreed with each other then life would be pretty boring.

The government has taken everything from people is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

What exactly is this thread about? A fictional theory on what "the great reset " might be about aimed at a very small minority of people who already believe this is the direction the world is headed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

aido79 wrote: »
    The government has taken everything from people is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

What exactly is this thread about? A fictional theory on what "the great reset " might be about aimed at a very small minority of people who already believe this is the direction the world is headed?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is the case that they are controlling where we can and can't go, whom we can see, what time we can stay out until, what we wear, what jobs are essential, what livelihoods and businesses are essential, and even what direction we walk in a shop. Isn't that total and absolute control of our lives? People are afraid to travel beyond a certain distance lest they get stopped by the guards.

Some believe the Great Reset is nothing to worry about. Others believe it will usher in a technocratic dystopian world. Then there's greatreset.com. Again there is a difference of opinion as to what 'living as if we were in lockdown' until 2030 means. I understand that to mean lockdowns until 2030, but I was told that I was misinterpreting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

they are controlling where we can and can't go, whom we can see, what time we can stay out until, what we wear, what jobs are essential, what livelihoods and businesses are essential, and even what direction we walk in a shop. Isn't that total and absolute control of our lives? People are afraid to travel beyond a certain distance lest they get stopped by the guards.

If a dog manages and directs a thousand sheep, it is not because of the genius of the dog, but because of the sheep's folly

I’ll assume you haven’t read any more of the book than is in that tweet.

The people who are claiming all of these vaccines are safe, have they read all of the trial data? Have they researched all of the ingredients contained in the vaccines? If not, then how can they know they are safe? Have they read every single book ever written about vaccines? Shouldn't they read all of the books to be absolutely certain. Otherwise they can't be certain. They are going by what doctors and scientists say, as well as articles about the vaccines etc. Similarly, those of us who believe the Great Reset is about radically changing the world as we know it are going by what Klaus Schwab has said and written. He has written of "humans with deliberately edited genomes" and "humans with artificially implanted memory". He has written about human beings being replaced by cyborgs: "Just as we humans separated from our chimpanzee cousins, cyborgs will also separate from humans. Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The people who are claiming all of these vaccines are safe, have they read all of the trial data? Have they researched all of the ingredients contained in the vaccines? If not, then how can they know they are safe? Have they read every single book ever written about vaccines? Shouldn't they read all of the books to be absolutely certain. Otherwise they can't be certain. They are going by what doctors and scientists say, as well as articles about the vaccines etc. Similarly, those of us who believe the Great Reset is about radically changing the world as we know it are going by what Klaus Schwab has said and written. He has written of "humans with deliberately edited genomes" and "humans with artificially implanted memory". He has written about human beings being replaced by cyborgs: "Just as we humans separated from our chimpanzee cousins, cyborgs will also separate from humans. Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future."

You have no idea what he has written about, because you havent read it. Less of the whataboutery, you are making these claims which you can't back up and it is clear you don't even understand the basics of the bits you have read.

• Advertisement

You have no idea what he has written about, because you havent read it. Less of the whataboutery, you are making these claims which you can't back up and it is clear you don't even understand the basics of the bits you have read.

Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is the case that they are controlling where we can and can't go, whom we can see, what time we can stay out until, what we wear, what jobs are essential, what livelihoods and businesses are essential, and even what direction we walk in a shop. Isn't that total and absolute control of our lives? People are afraid to travel beyond a certain distance lest they get stopped by the guards.

No. It's not total and absolute control over our lives. 'They' don't control where I can and can't go, who I see, what time I stay out to, what I wear and what direction I walk in a shop. I'm not afraid of getting stopped by the guards. They don't really want to be standing out in the cold and are only there for optics.
    Some believe the Great Reset is nothing to worry about. Others believe it will usher in a technocratic dystopian world. Then there's greatreset.com. Again there is a difference of opinion as to what 'living as if we were in lockdown' until 2030 means. I understand that to mean lockdowns until 2030, but I was told that I was misinterpreting it.

The Great Reset and greatreset.com are two separate things. One is a forum for world leaders and one is a website set up with an environmental agenda. You aren't misinterpreting what is on the website. The author of the line interpreted it in that way for a reason.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Have you seen Terminator? It's also a person's vision of a dystopian future. Do you believe that version? There's cyborgs in it too. Since people have been able to imagine, people have put forward visions of the future. Some have come to pass, some haven't. Change is inevitable. Nothing stays the same. Some people are change-averse. Some people embrace it. Some are ambivalent. Which category do you fall in to?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Penfailed wrote: »
    No. It's not total and absolute control over our lives. 'They' don't control where I can and can't go, who I see, what time I stay out to, what I wear and what direction I walk in a shop. I'm not afraid of getting stopped by the guards. They don't really want to be standing out in the cold and are only there for optics.

The Great Reset and greatreset.com are two separate things. One is a forum for world leaders and one is a website set up with an environmental agenda. You aren't misinterpreting what is on the website. The author of the line interpreted it in that way for a reason.

The government absolutely controls where we can go, or can't go, if you prefer. Can't go to a restaurant, to the pub, to a bar, to a café, to a stadium, to a concert hall, to a nightclub, to certain shops, to the barber, to the hairdresser. They won't even let us leave the county we live in. They control how many people we can have over in our own home, what time we stay out until, what we wear on our face. And they've been controlling us since around March, with a few scraps of restricted freedom thrown our way to keep us in line.

But the guards are still there. It might not be intimidating for you, but it is for a lot of people.

So I was right to say that the people behind greatreset.com want lockdowns until 2030.

Have you seen Terminator? It's also a person's vision of a dystopian future. Do you believe that version? There's cyborgs in it too. Since people have been able to imagine, people have put forward visions of the future. Some have come to pass, some haven't. Change is inevitable. Nothing stays the same. Some people are change-averse. Some people embrace it. Some are ambivalent. Which category do you fall in to?

Have you seen the images / diagrams on WEF's own website regarding what they are planning to 'reset'? It's everything.

Schwab is incredibly influential. Johnson, Hiden, Trudeau, Donnelly, and others, are all using WEF langauge, i.e. reset and 'build back better'.

This isn't a film. This is a reset of the planet.

• Advertisement

Have you seen the images / diagrams on WEF's own website regarding what they are planning to 'reset'? It's everything.

Schwab is incredibly influential. Johnson, Hiden, Trudeau, Donnelly, and others, are all using WEF langauge, i.e. reset and 'build back better'.

This isn't a film. This is a reset of the planet.

Bring it on. It needs reset. The place is a kip.

You and people like you see it as control. I see it as a way of preventing the spread of a disease which if left to spread naturally would cripple the health system. People like yourself don't seem to understand that it wouldn't have to kill a single person to do this. Hospitalising a section of the population whose immune systems cannot cope with the effects of this disease would be enough to make it very difficult to offer treatment to other very treatable issues and diseases which under normal circumstances are relatively to deal with.

What do you believe? Are you so incapable of forming your own opinion that you have to rely on a fictional book and ignore everything else?

The government absolutely controls where we can go, or can't go, if you prefer. Can't go to a restaurant, to the pub, to a bar, to a café, to a stadium, to a concert hall, to a nightclub, to certain shops, to the barber, to the hairdresser. They won't even let us leave the county we live in. They control how many people we can have over in our own home, what time we stay out until, what we wear on our face. And they've been controlling us since around March, with a few scraps of restricted freedom thrown our way to keep us in line.

But the guards are still there. It might not be intimidating for you, but it is for a lot of people.

Are the guards going door to door checking who is in your home? What's this about controlling what time we stay out until? Are we under curfew now? I must've missed that one. Has anyone been arrested for not wearing a mask? The guards aren't enforcing anything at the checkpoints. We aren't actually being controlled.
    So I was right to say that the people behind greatreset.com want lockdowns until 2030.

Yeah. A website that has no influence. No support from world leaders. I could set up a website called 'The Greatest Reset.com' and type up a whole lot of mad stuff about locking down until 2050. Would you believe that?

You and people like you see it as control. I see it as a way of preventing the spread of a disease which if left to spread naturally would cripple the health system. People like yourself don't seem to understand that it wouldn't have to kill a single person to do this. Hospitalising a section of the population whose immune systems cannot cope with the effects of this disease would be enough to make it very difficult to offer treatment to other very treatable issues and diseases which under normal circumstances are relatively to deal with.

What do you believe? Are you so incapable of forming your own opinion that you have to rely on a fictional book and ignore everything else?

There are restrictions and then there are restrictions. These restrictions are, to quote Lord Sumption, "the worst interference with personal liberty in our history". I consider them to be absurd, draconion and wholly disproportionate to the threat of covid. And there's no end in sight. They keep moving the goalposts.

I've stated what I believe re the Great Reset. I believe it will usher in a technocratic hell and that all of the restrictions are designed to get us used to living 'as if we were in lockdown".

Are the guards going door to door checking who is in your home? What's this about controlling what time we stay out until? Are we under curfew now? I must've missed that one. Has anyone been arrested for not wearing a mask? The guards aren't enforcing anything at the checkpoints. We aren't actually being controlled.

Yeah. A website that has no influence. No support from world leaders. I could set up a website called 'The Greatest Reset.com' and type up a whole lot of mad stuff about locking down until 2050. Would you believe that?

No sooner had WHO declared a pandemic than Schwab had declared, without a mandate, that the planet had to be reset. That should've rung alarm bells.

I've stated what I believe re the Great Reset. I believe it will usher in a technocratic hell and that all of the restrictions are designed to get us used to living 'as if we were in lockdown".

You are perfectly entitled to your beliefs. I just disagree with them.

What's the difference between living during a lockdown and living 'as if' we were in lockdown?

Even though I've pointed out that the website was started by some randomer with a cause, you still believe it? ...even though anyone could do the same and post wildly fantastic ideas about how the future is going to be? ...but you believe this one?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,792 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Round and round we go

There's a name for people who see patterns in unrelated things

No sooner had WHO declared a pandemic than Schwab had declared, without a mandate, that the planet had to be reset. That should've rung alarm bells.

Why? He's a man with a vision on a mission. That vision may or may not come to pass. He'll require the support of every nation in the world for it to work. He'll require the majority of the people living in every democratic nation in the world also. If his vision is for the betterment of society, he'll get that support. If not, he won't. No alarm bells ringing here.

There are restrictions and then there are restrictions. These restrictions are, to quote Lord Sumption, "the worst interference with personal liberty in our history". I consider them to be absurd, draconion and wholly disproportionate to the threat of covid. And there's no end in sight. They keep moving the goalposts.

So you think we should just open up everything and go back to normal based on the comments made by economists and barristers and ignore the health advice from virologists ,epidemiologists and other experts who say the restrictions are necessary and this has been proven all over the world?

What about countries where there are virtually no restrictions. How do they get used to living as if they living in lockdown?

What power do you actually believe Schwab has that he can order the reset of the planet?

• Advertisement

Why? He's a man with a vision on a mission. That vision may or may not come to pass. He'll require the support of every nation in the world for it to work. He'll require the majority of the people living in every democratic nation in the world also. If his vision is for the betterment of society, he'll get that support. If not, he won't. No alarm bells ringing here.

Because it seemed as though it was orchestrated. WHO declares a pandemic (problem), Schwab comes along with the Great Reset (solution).

The argument that has been put forward is that the the purpose of lockdowns and restrictions is to get people used to living as if they were living in lockdown.

I don't think there'll be much of a problem re getting the majority of people to agree to the reset. If it's presented as being "for your safety" or "to save the planet" then the majority will go along with it. Look what fear has done to the vast majority of people since March.

What power do you actually believe Schwab has that he can order the reset of the planet?

He has no mandate, but that hasn't stopped him. I don't know what hold he has on leaders around the world that he has got them using WEF speak, i.e. new normal and build back better.

Because it seemed as though it was orchestrated. WHO declares a pandemic (problem), Schwab comes along with the Great Reset (solution).

The argument that has been put forward is that the the purpose of lockdowns and restrictions is to get people used to living as if they were living in lockdown.

I don't think there'll be much of a problem re getting the majority of people to agree to the reset. If it's presented as being "for your safety" or "to save the planet" then the majority will go along with it. Look what fear has done to the vast majority of people since March.

Orchestrated? Don't tell me...it's actually a Plandemic?

He has no mandate, but that hasn't stopped him. I don't know what hold he has on leaders around the world that he has got them using WEF speak, i.e. new normal and build back better.

Greta Thunberg has no mandate. David Attenborough has no mandate. Are you worried about them too?

Greta Thunberg has no mandate. David Attenborough has no mandate. Are you worried about them too?

Is Greta Thunberg the head of a major and influential international organisation? Is David Attenborough?

Orchestrated? Don't tell me...it's actually a Plandemic?

Well Schwab somehow was confident enough to say that life would never return to normal 5 minutes into this thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is Greta Thunberg the head of a major and influential international organisation? Is David Attenborough?

No, but their 'activism' has financial backing from many.

Well Schwab somehow was confident enough to say that life would never return to normal 5 minutes into this thing.

Imagine having confidence in your own beliefs. Fair play to him. That confidence has people like you fearful for their futures. It's safe to say that life won't return to normal after this. Remember 9/11? Less people died from those attacks than have died from Covid. Air travel hasn't returned to normal since then. Why would you think everything should go back to the imperfect way it was before? More people will be working from home after this for sure. Some people will continue to wear masks after the pandemic has been declared over. Like I posted earlier, nothing ever stays the same.

Imagine having confidence in your own beliefs. Fair play to him. That confidence has people like you fearful for their futures. It's safe to say that life won't return to normal after this. Remember 9/11? Less people died from those attacks than have died from Covid. Air travel hasn't returned to normal since then. Why would you think everything should go back to the imperfect way it was before? More people will be working from home after this for sure. Some people will continue to wear masks after the pandemic has been declared over. Like I posted earlier, nothing ever stays the same.

It was the timing. 5 minutes into the thing he declared the idea of going back to normal was a "fiction".

My biggest fear is those hideous things being mandatory forever.

• Advertisement

It was the timing. 5 minutes into the thing he declared the idea of going back to normal was a "fiction".

My biggest fear is those hideous things being mandatory forever.

What was the actual timing? When did this thing start and when did he declare that going back to normal was a fiction?

For the record, I don't think things will go back to normal for reasons posted earlier. Everything changes.

Masks will not be mandatory forever.

Advertisement