Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

If, if, if.

It must be stressful to live in constant fear. It will probably shorten your life so much that even if the great reset occurred, you’d probably have died of a heart attack before it.

It was explained to you that NZ haven’t vaccinated enough people yet. No country has. Chances are it will stop transmission but it is not certain yet. Is it really a concern or just another leap you are trying to make to buy yourself time up until 2030 passes without the great reset so you can change the live date to 2040??

I don't live in constant fear. I've accepted that I'm powerless to stop what I think is coming. Just have to get on with it.

If it stops transmission then that changes things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Quiner wrote: »
    As good as. They are already an extension of the (hidden) face in most countries in the world. People won't remember life before masks if they are forced to wear them for years to come.

No. It's not as good as. Mandatory mask wearing is not permanent.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's fine. Rosa Koire is talking about it being pushed and forced on people. Like the recent controversy in London: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/kensington-high-street-cycle-lane-vine-b100813.html

People protested against the crazy cycle lanes.

Did you read the article? The council REMOVED the cycle lane after local feedback. Kind of flies directly in the face of your argument doesn't it?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Grand... But it's not being forced... They are asking for it and voting people into power to deliver it. So you're wrong.

They didn't ask for it in London. It was forced on motorists.

If a majority of Londoners were to vote for cycle lanes then it'd be ok. It'd be what the majority wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They didn't ask for it in London. It was forced on motorists.

If a majority of Londoners were to vote for cycle lanes then it'd be ok. It'd be what the majority wanted.

But we are not in London. I don't vote in London. Also the article you linked to says after the protest, it was removed... So yea... You're wrong on that one. Any other examples?

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Did you read the article? The council REMOVED the cycle lane after local feedback. Kind of flies directly in the face of your argument doesn't it?

But only because people complained. They went ahead and built them without asking people whether they wanted them or not. They were forced on motorists. I'm not against bike lanes or cycling. I'm a cyclist myself. But big wide cycle lanes are crazy and cause chaos.

I meant back in the summer when cases were extremely low. There were still heavy restrictions on our lives.

Bike lanes in cities, not rural areas. It stops people driving. Now, people will say that's a good thing because of the environment, but the point Rosa Koire makes is that it's controlling what people can do and forcing them to stop using cars.

It's not forcing them to stop using cars, it's giving them a better choice. A bike is more practical for some people in some locations. Why not make it easier and safer with better bike lanes.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It only seems that way because most people on this thread agree with each other and it seems would never disagree with each other. They like each others posts and make childish jokes about cycle lanes, thereby distracting from the wider point about controlling what people can do (drive cars) and how they live.

No one debunked the article about the mainstream media being in bed with the CCP. Nor did anyone address what David Rockefeller said about world domination.

I always get both sides, but I don't trust the mainstream media. But I'll try Reuters.

Your the one who proposed that cycle lanes were proof of a conspiracy behind coronovirus and people living in box apartments because they couldn't afford to pay the property tax on the homes that they owned but now were not allowed to live in because a guy who died sever years ago had a chat with some newspaper owners who were going to make us wear masks permanently and we have been implanted with tracking chips via the vaccine which we won't know when we've been given it.

Or something along those lines. Come up with something that isn't ridiculous and you won't be ridiculed.

What?? This is a load of tripe.

What places we can go to, how many people we can see, all social activities banned, meeting friends discouraged, what we wear on our faces in certain places, can't leave the county, international travel discouraged and a nightmare.

That's fine. Rosa Koire is talking about it being pushed and forced on people. Like the recent controversy in London: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/kensington-high-street-cycle-lane-vine-b100813.html

People protested against the crazy cycle lanes.

Oh...so it was forced on people...and they protested...and it was stopped. That wasn't a very successful takeover. Should they have waited until 2030 to try it?

• Advertisement

What places we can go to, how many people we can see, all social activities banned, meeting friends discouraged, what we wear on our faces in certain places, can't leave the county, international travel discouraged and a nightmare.

There's a pandemic... 13 people died today

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not forcing them to stop using cars, it's giving them a better choice. A bike is more practical for some people in some locations. Why not make it easier and safer with better bike lanes.

That would be a good idea, but they built too many and they were too big. It caused chaos. It also makes driving a vey unpleasant experience, which puts people off driving. Rosa Koire says it's by design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If the vaccines don't prevent transmission and cases continue to be the basis for health, or rather covid, policy then there will continue to be outbreaks. So if people can still get it despite being vaccinated then it will just never end.

Don’t worry
    As vaccines roll out, cases will drop

*wink*wink*

That would be a good idea, but they built too many and they were too big. It caused chaos. It also makes driving a vey unpleasant experience, which puts people off driving. Rosa Koire says it's by design.

It's not by design... Its by election. Also as a dub, I would like less cars in Dublin and more bike lanes... Its why I voted greens in to be honest.

There's a pandemic... 13 people died today

I know, but it's true to say that the government controls all, or almost all, aspects of our lives. I'm not saying the circumstances don't warrant measures, I'm simply saying that all, or almost all, aspects of our lives are controlled by the government. It's not the case in New Zealand. I'm comparing Ireland with New Zealand because New Zealand was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

They just came to my house and took all my possessions. I managed to escape with my phone thank god, the great reset has begun.

I know, but it's true to say that the government controls all, or almost all, aspects of our lives. I'm not saying the circumstances don't warrant measures, I'm simply saying that all, or almost all, aspects of our lives are controlled by the government. It's not the case in New Zealand. I'm comparing Ireland with New Zealand because New Zealand was mentioned.

OK it was exactly the same in New Zealand but they locked their borders. So you are willing to admit that the controls are needed due to a pandemic... Brilliant... So what's the conspiracy?

robinph wrote: »
    Your the one who proposed that cycle lanes were proof of a conspiracy behind coronovirus and people living in box apartments because they couldn't afford to pay the property tax on the homes that they owned but now were not allowed to live in because a guy who died sever years ago had a chat with some newspaper owners who were going to make us wear masks permanently and we have been implanted with tracking chips via the vaccine which we won't know when we've been given it.

Or something along those lines. Come up with something that isn't ridiculous and you won't be ridiculed.

I outlined Rosa Koire's position on Agenda 21 and the Great Reset. I quoted from an interview she gave in which she described how Agenda 21 is being implemented in the US.

It didn't cause chaos at all. TfL said the bike lanes have no negative effect on the traffic, in fact it improved things as more people choose to cycle for short journeys. A tiny minority wanted to keep the exclusive access for their cars over the well-being of the wider community and you think that is positive.....bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mandatory mask wearing is not permanent.

It’s not even enforced so I wouldn’t be getting too worked up about it

Do what you like
    Go where you like

• Advertisement

Tell that to the Dutch. The cycle lanes are fantastic over there. Cyclists take priority over vehicles and pedestrians on a lot of their network. It's a great way to get around. It helps that it's mostly flat though...

Penfailed wrote: »
    Oh...so it was forced on people...and they protested...and it was stopped. That wasn't a very successful takeover. Should they have waited until 2030 to try it?

People shouldn't have to protest against crazy cycle lanes. The crazy lanes should never have been built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Nor did anyone address what David Rockefeller said about world domination.

I did in multiple posts. Do I have to do it again? 76 year old said something you didn’t like about taking over the world. He failed by the time he died at 101.

I am going to take over the world. Working in the plan at the moment but it will revealed in unverified tweets. You should be scared. I am much younger than Rockefeller was when he devised his plan.

It didn't cause chaos at all. TfL said the bike lanes have no negative effect on the traffic, in fact it improved things as more people choose to cycle for short journeys. A tiny minority wanted to keep the exclusive access for their cars over the well-being of the wider community and you think that is positive.....bizarre.

https://www.cityam.com/londons-new-cycle-lanes-are-causing-traffic-chaos-says-transport-secretary/

People shouldn't have to protest against crazy cycle lanes. The crazy lanes should never have been built.

But people are not perfect. So someone with good intentions made a mistake. Life goes on... Not a conspiracy... Not by design

You do realise there's a pandemic right? And you said the government is controlling ALL aspects of our lives. That's complete and utter nonsense and frankly lies.

You do realise there's a pandemic right? And you said the government is controlling ALL aspects of our lives. That's complete and utter nonsense and frankly lies.

He admitted there was a pandemic, and that measures are needed.

Again, they don't control almost all aspects of my life. Shock horror, I crossed a county boundary today. The sky didn't fall in.

OK it was exactly the same in New Zealand but they locked their borders. So you are willing to admit that the controls are needed due to a pandemic... Brilliant... So what's the conspiracy?

Measures that are proportionate, sure. But we're on lockdown no 3 or 4 (that level 4 and 5 nonsense is basically lockdown) here. There won't be a country soon enough.

The conspiracy is that it's being done by design. That's what those who are against the Great Reset are arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If governments were controlling all aspects of our lives then there would be no pandemic because the wouldn’t have the opportunities to spread as it is currently.

Advertisement