Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

Working in finance all my life and also experienced in blockchain technology, I can assure you that there is no confusion here.

if they are the same why does it take a transfer of money from the US to a european bank account several days compared to a transaction using cryptocurrencies a few minutes?

2 of the the advantages of using blockchain over the traditional system is speed and low cost

the digital currencies that all these central banks are developing will run on blockchains and will use a bridge currency to transfer between them

the old swift system which is what is primarily used now will most likely be outdated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

if they are the same why does it take a transfer of money from the US to a european bank account several days compared to a transaction using cryptocurrencies a few minutes?

2 of the the advantages of using blockchain over the traditional system is speed and low cost

the digital currencies that all these central banks are developing will run on blockchains and will use a bridge currency to transfer between them

the old swift system which is what is primarily used now will most likely be outdated

Where did I say they are all the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭2 fast

Why is this a bad thing? Or am I missed something...

2 fast wrote: »

Because the big bad government will know as much as they do right now.

its actually a good thing

• Advertisement

Where did I say they are all the same?

you said that there is no confusion that they were not the same

do you therefore think that "digital transactions that have been around much longer" are the same as a transaction using a digital wallet on a blockchain?

If you think they are different then what the poster was trying to explain stands that they are different

you said that there is no confusion that they were not the same

do you therefore think that "digital transactions that have been around much longer" are the same as a transaction using a digital wallet on a blockchain?

If you think they are different then what the poster was trying to explain stands that they are different

I know what I said, and it is not what you think I said.

Blockchain is slower and more expensive. It's also completely irrelevant in a discussion about currencies moving online. It's immutability is a massive hindrance to its adoption by central banks etc. as a replacement to technologies already in use.

If you are of the impression that international banking is slow as it currently doesn't use blockchain, you need to spend five minutes reading up on blockchain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Isn't it because there'd be zero privacy? I know cash is increasingly used less and less, but once it goes then isn't that the end of any privacy in terms of transactions? That's why many believe there is a war on cash as part of the Great Reset. Catherine Austin Fitts talks about it in 'Planet Lockdown'.

I'm not familiar with bitcoin, and I often hear people recommending gold. So cash may not be the only way to preserve privacy. I'd be interested to learn more about bitcoin, but I appreciate that this isn't the right thread for that.

Quiner wrote: »
    Isn't it because there'd be zero privacy? I know cash is increasingly used less and less, but once it goes then isn't that the end of any privacy in terms of transactions? That's why many believe there is a war on cash as part of the Great Reset. Catherine Austin Fitts talks about it in 'Planet Lockdown'.

I'm not familiar with bitcoin, and I often hear people recommending gold. So cash may not be the only way to preserve privacy. I'd be interested to learn more about bitcoin, but I appreciate that this isn't the right thread for that.

What does Klaus Schwab say about it in the Great Reset book, you know the book this conspiracy theory thread is based on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

What does Klaus Schwab say about it in the Great Reset book, you know the book this conspiracy theory thread is based on?

I hope Klaus is on Twitter so we can get updates as the conspiracy theory changes.

aido79 wrote: »
    I hope Klaus is on Twitter so we can get updates as the conspiracy theory changes.

Klaus reads Boards and has 34 new editions of his book planned for this year alone based on the threads here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Klaus reads Boards and has 34 new editions of his book planned for this year alone based on the threads here.

I think he reads boards and forums like this to get ideas for his books.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

Quiner wrote: »
    Check them out on the WEF website and then decide for yourself whether it was all rushed together as soon as a pandemic was declared, or whether it required years of planning.

I can't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

I don't have time to read back over all the pages of comments. Reading back a few pages I can see that a couple of people, Quiner in particular, seem to think that bicycle lanes and efforts to cut down the numbers of cars going to city centres is a bad thing, and also that mask wearing is a bad thing!
    I think I have an open mind, and would say I'm reasonably well informed. However I can't see where you're coming from?
    Here is my take (as a cyclist, a car driver, and a citizen hoping to avoid getting or passing on Covid).
    - In the context of global warming promoting cycling as a carbon free mode of transport seems sensible.
    - In the health context cycling also seems to be a sensible option.
    - With high traffic volumes in cities not designed for such, congestion & gridlock ensue, and promoting cycling and efficient public transport, and discouraging cars, again seems sensible (even if it inconveniences me a bit).
    - As regards mask wearing during the current Covid situation, the consensus seems to be that wearing a mask cuts down the risk of the mask wearer passing on the virus to others. In that case it too seems to make perfect sense (ideally only the people with Covid would need to wear a mask, but with some people having the virus without symptoms the only practical way to reduce the risk is to ask everyone to wear one).
    - There seemed to also be a fear that we were going to have to wear a mask indefinitely into the future! Why would that be? If the vaccinations reduce or eliminate the virus then why would a mask be needed once the majority of the population are vaccinated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PintOfView wrote: »
    - There seemed to also be a fear that we were going to have to wear a mask indefinitely into the future! Why would that be? If the vaccinations reduce or eliminate the virus then why would a mask be needed once the majority of the population are vaccinated?

There were people in 1918 saying the mask wearing was going to be permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

I see Eddie Hobbs has gone to the dark side he dont seem to think this is BS
    but all to real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

enno99 wrote: »
    I see Eddie Hobbs has gone to the dark side he dont seem to think this is BS
    but all to real

Yup, looks like he's gone over to the nutty side. Expect his twitter to fill up with nonsense. Or maybe he's just a smart guy who sees an opportunity to cash in on stupid.

https://twitter.com/realeddiehobbs/status/1341269256458149889

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yup, looks like he's gone over to the nutty side. Expect his twitter to fill up with nonsense. Or maybe he's just a smart guy who sees an opportunity to cash in on stupid.

https://twitter.com/realeddiehobbs/status/1341269256458149889

There is money to be made being a conspiracy theorist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Hope it does better than Brendan investments!

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Big-time, it's a mini-industry. Alex Jones is worth millions.

No a button to made for sceptic's.
    How many books has Shermer again. LOL.

Raking it in I presume.

No a button to made for sceptic's.
    How many books has Shermer again. LOL.

Raking it in I presume.

You're the target audience for people like Jones. Covid is a ruse, the election was rigged, Bill Gates is "evil", etc. The "Great Reset" is just another in a long line of money-makers for these pundits.

Pro-tip: Take a look at the description of any of these YouTube armchair sleuths who are out there lifting the wool off people's eyes and uncovering these 'conspiracies'.

If it contains a link where you can donate money to them, then they're charlatans and every word out of their mouth is suspect.... you're a fool for believing in these snake oil salesmen

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You're the target audience for people like Jones. Covid is a ruse, the election was rigged, Bill Gates is "evil", etc. The "Great Reset" is just another in a long line of money-makers for these pundits.

How much money did I donate. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,630 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How much money did I donate. Lol.

Depends on how many conspiracy theorist video's you clicked on, you donate just by doing that.

Depends on how many conspiracy theorist video's you clicked on, you donate just by doing that.

Lol

Youtube cracking down though, used to type 9/11 into Youtube a few years back and all these fantastic conspiracy videos would come up, but they've since changed the algorithm and now all this boring factual stuff and accurate information comes up.

Same with "Bill Gates", "Great reset" and so on. So indeed, whilst producing conspiracies is still lucrative, they are definitely starting to feel the squeeze. Which of course is portrayed as yet another vague conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@Quiner. privacy on what you spend is important. way back in history, in germany 'hesse' paid his soldiers in coin. I think money coins was just put in a vault to be minded. But Rothschild did not keep the coins private?

Nowadays, why do people expect more money from the people/banks, that are minding their money. Should it be the other way around? i.e. some stipend to the [private] bank for their minding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭CCP24

Anyone see this movie before ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etekvGN4R_g&feature=youtu.be

Maybe Klaus Schwab was technical adviser?

Advertisement