Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

70 with Havertz and Werner to come. Hope everyone gets sent off today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Will be watching Johnstone closely this game looking forward to him being the first goalkeeper to get an assist this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Will be watching Johnstone closely this game looking forward to him being the first goalkeeper to get an assist this season.

I mentioned on another tread, his ownership is high on boards, but in generally it's very low...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Unearthly wrote: »
    Been a few years since I played but I was certain I'd get some bonus points with Zaha. What happened there?

Because the bps system can be ridiculous at times. Zaha had a lot of the ball but gave away possession, missed a few decent chances. It's the reason Salah gets hard done by with bps all the time. Sees a lot of the ball but not always gets the end product right.
    In contrast you could have a player come on for 15 minutes, get 2 touches of the ball and score. And get the 3 bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Because the bps system can be ridiculous at times. Zaha had a lot of the ball but gave away possession, missed a few decent chances. It's the reason Salah gets hard done by with bps all the time. Sees a lot of the ball but not always gets the end product right.
    In contrast you could have a player come on for 15 minutes, get 2 touches of the ball and score. And get the 3 bps.

Thanks. Lesson learned not to count bonus points before I officially get them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

To add in 1-0 games the defenders often steal the bonus from attackers, especially when goalkeeper makes more than 3 saves and defenders keep blocking the shots/clear the ball often.

If it ended 1-1 it would be better for Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Unearthly wrote: »
    Thanks. Lesson learned not to count bonus points before I officially get them :)

If you didn’t know, it’s possible to see who is leading the points race on the official fantasy page, just scroll down and click on the game and at the bottom should be bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Could easily see that being Justin at CB in a back 3 too and Barnes or Ayoze at RWB

titan18 wrote: »
    Could easily see that being Justin at CB in a back 3 too and Barnes or Ayoze at RWB

O ya sorry ive no clue just grabbed the first 2 i saw of twitter tbh, twas more for the starting team the formation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If it is a back 4, Justin is more likely to be RB and Castange at LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've Barnes and Justin in this one. Keen to see how Pereira and Diangana fare as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

e30dec82-5e1b-4236-9d76-07801a3b78ca.png

Robinson is a long way forward

Justin booked. Damn it.

Yellow for Justin

Very impressed with Furlong in these opening twenty minutes. Getting into the box at every opportunity. Only 4.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

20 mins gone and no sign of an assist from Johnstone..... pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cartman78 wrote: »
    20 mins gone and no sign of an assist from Johnstone..... pathetic

He nearly had one

Barnes with some decent chances. Straight at Johnstone. Not enjoying this so far.

Johnstone got a save point already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thats bookings for KWP, Auba & now Justin. Keep them f***n comin lads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »

Love to see it!

Bring on the clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Very impressed with Furlong in these opening twenty minutes. Getting into the box at every opportunity. Only 4.5m.
    Came in to post same. If West Brom are gonna be defensively solid he looks a great shout.

Last time I checked he had 2 saves. He then saved one from Vardy, who was offside.
    Does this count towards a save? As it was offside anyway? I have him, so not trying to take it away from him :) just wondering about the rules.

Last time I checked he had 2 saves. He then saved one from Vardy, who was offside.
    Does this count towards a save? As it was offside anyway? I have him, so not trying to take it away from him :) just wondering about the rules.

Dunno where the 3rd save was - but was on site before the Vardy "shot".

Dunno where the 3rd save was - but was on site before the Vardy "shot".

2 from barnes and one for praet going from whoscored

If the Praet save was the one directly after the Barnes shot - that's stretching the meaning of a save - but i'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Getting Vardy may have been a mistake

Leicester looking a bit flat. Vardy with one good chance and Barnes has had some, but I think Bilic will be pretty happy as his side never looked like they were hanging on. Maddison will probably be brought on at some stage to open it up. Castagne looked good but don't like his price. Johnstone doing well for those who went with him. Furlong could be a nice budget option if they stick with this system.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clearing that up lads, I clearly counted up wrong. I've just seen the 3 now on the HT highlights. 2 were in quick succession, the 2nd of which he caught. Probably where my confusion was. As you were.

Advertisement