Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

71 points with Werner to play and KWP to come off the bench his whopper contribution of 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

PARlance wrote: »
    39 points with Havertz left to go... went for Mane in the end! Costly

I did the same switch to Mane at the last minute :(

Are you going to stick with TAA?

Same points as you with Connolly to go (hopefully he starts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

60 with Stevens, Ryan, Connolly and Jota to play this evening so pretty happy with GW1 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Vinagre bench

Podence starts, he's on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Podence starts in front 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Off to have a quick look at FPL twitter for the Vinagre fume! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Vinagre bench
    Don't know why people still had him in their teams after they signed a new left back

Neto is off some interest to me could be on set plays from some postions and could get a lot of space when Traore bombs forward.

Traore interesting to see if he stays wide mostly as seems more comfortable for he or is under lapping like Doherty did

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Jota here but not too annoyed, could be a game for a late sub (in the world of wishful thinking)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

ShaneU wrote: »
    Don't know why people still had him in their teams after they signed a new left back

The new signing is 31yrs old. Vingare is 21 and is used to Nuno's system. Was kinda clinging on to that hope. 'Tis annoying alright. Now hoping Bissouma plays.

59 with Neto, Connolly and Ryan to go. After starting with Captain Salah, that score isnt great at all.
    Very disappointed with Kane yesterday. Will be getting him out tomorrow for Aguero.

Aguero doesn't seem to be getting much love. He's in the last year of his contract (he won't sign another one) but he has a heap of records within arms reach, so I'm hoping he leaves the league with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really looking forward to Vinagres one point cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The new signing is 31yrs old. Vingare is 21 and is used to Nuno's system. Was kinda clinging on to that hope. 'Tis annoying alright. Now hoping Bissouma plays.

Oh he is a cert to come off the bench, don't worry.

I had the same thoughts, that's he'd play the first few and he a transfer out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

sheroman01 wrote: »

Also apparently the new left back is more of a centre back, and Wolves play with very pacey wing backs. I expected Vinagre to start based on that but the main Wolves journo said he expected the new lad to start so I steered clear. If I hadn't seen that I might well have had him in.

I don't know much about the new lad but will be interesting to see how they set up without a very natural winger type player on the left. With Adama bombing on the right you might see a kind of asymettrical formation a bit like Spurs where the guy on the right bombs on and the guy on the left tucks in.

Seeing a lot of teams out there already down to the bare bones in terms of GW1 starters, so happy to see all my fodder starting so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Podence is one to watch, he could potentially be the first big bargain this year. If he looks like a regular he's superb value

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Morzadec wrote: »
    Podence is one to watch, he could potentially be the first big bargain this year. If he looks like a regular he's superb value

I lashed Jota in but was a bit afraid of Podence taking his spot. I'd guess neither will be reliable starters similar to Traore last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jimi goal (Podence)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Sheff utd and their proud clean sheet record. Gone quickly this season.

Thats a super finish

• Advertisement

So that's no clean sheets out of 5 for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Saiss goal (Neto)

2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Blades 0-2 down

Saiss (neto)

Sweeeeeeeeeet

Going Egan over Saiss hurts now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ings to Jimi in GW 3 or 4 might be the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As a Saiss and Jimenez owner this is going some way to fix the hurt of not having Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This has been a horrendous gameweek, started so well with Willian and Leno.

Will need Werner to have a masterclass

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

siblers wrote: »
    This has been a horrendous gameweek, started so well with Willian and Leno.

Will need Werner to have a masterclass

Will be some craic if he's on the bench :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Jimi is Mr Consistency

Advertisement