Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread.

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

74 with Salah C. From 58k in the World Sat night to 577k at the end of the game week. My 3 Spuds players on Sunday killed me....what possessed me to get 3 in!
    Blinded by the fixtures and big reputations

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

77 without captaining Salah.

First HEWT of the season right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

73 with captain Salah. Not happy with my team for this week but will try hold off on a transfer until GW3 although Son is most likely to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

72 with Salah (c). Only Justin, Auba and Werner generating returns outside of that.

I have no Manchester players, but current aim is to hold my FT this week (bar injuries/Covid) as 8 games is too small a sample size to be making rash decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

71. It's grand, captaining Salah makes it a good week. Only Auba, Wilson and Werner's 5 netting me any other points. In hindsight Justin on the bench was a poor call too, but I'm happy enough!

A few issues to address, but might give it another GW. Would annoy me to see Mitro drop, but have to trust he'll play next week at least!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

76 and then a swift wc activated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

64 so far no Salah either. It was going well until yesterday when 4 players brought me a total of 4 points and 2 players were dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

A few issues to address, but might give it another GW. Would annoy me to see Mitro drop, but have to trust he'll play next week at least!

I would assume mitrovic will start next week, i didnt understand why he didnt start this week even, he is head and shoulders better than Kamara, so that stumped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

80 which is a good score, but also very happy that my team is largely in good shape and should hopefully avoid any price drops this week, with the exception of Kane who I'll likely transfer out anyway.

Mitchell, Bissouma, Reed as my fodder all played. Mitchell looks like an option and even Bissouma is getting into advanced areas.

Of my attacking blanks Adams and Soucek looked dangerous and were unlucky not to score points so happy to go forward with them. I think Soucek could be a season keeper at 5.0.

There's some who scored higher but are already down to the bare bones, so I'm hopeful that I'm set up not to have to force an early WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    Checked the xG and xA just to see if there was stuff I hadn't picked up on with my own eyes. 0.42 xG and 0.02 xA, which is actually worse expected goal involvement than Kane's. There will need to be better days ahead IMO for a lad at 9.5 who isn't on pens when Jorginho plays.

Chap clearly has ability but to justify his price we will need to hope that he can find many more meaningful touches inside the box when Pulisic and Ziyech come in, and Havertz looks a bit more like a Premier League footballer.

Have to take into account though that he won a penalty which isn't reflected on in expected assists. If they counted won penalties (which we should really as FF does) then we'd be talking about an XG of 0.42 and an XA of about 0.80 - which is very nice indeed.

I thought he looked sharp in terms of his physical condition - good pace and good confidence to take a shot on when he could. Chelsea didn't work the balls into good areas for him so he wasn't very involved. I'm sure that will come with the likes of Pulisic coming back. Chelsea's strikers had really high xG last season. I'm pretty sure that Werner's chances will come as long as he continues in that centre forward role and that he'll be much more efficient than Abraham at putting them away.

Met the eye test for me, certainly far more than Kane who was very deep and non-existant in the 2nd half.

I own both Werner and Kane, for full disclaimer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

36pts
    Ugh, only way is up from here......I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ElTel wrote: »
    36pts

35 here, feel your pain. Let's not panic though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

36 here too. Let's start a support group!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ElTel wrote: »
    36pts
    35 here, feel your pain. Let's not panic though :)
    elefant wrote: »
    36 here too. Let's start a support group!

At least we don't have the false sense of security that others have - captain Salah has probably led others to believe they have no issues,

Advertisement