Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which city bike??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Is it better? yes, the nexus hub is great and it also has a dynamo hub on the front for lights. The built in lock is a bit of a gimmick and I wouldn't rely on it solely for security. Pannier rack looks decent, pick up some bags while you're in there.

Are there better bikes? sure but at that price point it's a good one.

Are you set on a dutch step through style bike? I'd have thought there would be better suited bikes but your commutes only short so if it's purely for commuting/shop run it's perfectly fine.

The only real thing going against that decathlon one is it's weight at a hefty 17kg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jillette

Thanks for the tips/points so far. Yeah I think I am set on Dutch style as I just love the vintage look. The most I ever do at once tends to be 10-12km max. I’m also open to recommendations that are not either of the linked bikes?

Advertisement