Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Suburbs

Options
  • 12-09-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I will be shortly moving to Ireland and would be working in one of the offices located in 1 North wall Quay. Assuming that my family will join me in 6 months time, can you please help on the the below.
    1. Is it worth taking a rental place around my office place and if so, any options. Also, is there a Christian Church around? OR
    2. Closer suburbs to my office place or the best place to stay (Economical) Based on which i can get my family or move around to a bigger place

Thanks
    Linda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Really depends on where you want your family to live and what type of property, apartment or house with garden. Also, consider how you will travel to and from work. Christian places of worship are not in short supply here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

In the current market you should find a selection of apartments within walking distance of 1NWQ. I'm sure there will also be apartments to suit a family although I personally would be looking further afield for a family home.

Probably the biggest consideration will be your budget and how far you're willing to commute.

On the plus side, you will get fed reasonably well at 1NWQ which should make life a little easier in the 6 months before your family join.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dav010 wrote: »
    Christian places of worship are not in short supply here.

That may depend on your definition of "Christian". :D

I don't know about Dublin. But in other towns / cities in Ireland, the churches that identify as "Christian" (ie the non-denominational ones) tend to operate industrial estates, where the rent is cheaper.

OP, Ireland is officially 85% Roman Catholic. You can barely go anywhere without seeing a Catholic church (though post-Covid you often need to make a booking to go inside). To find other types, you need to be more specific about what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP; have a look at the Church of Ireland web sites as well as Catholic? They are well represented in all areas. And very welcoming.

They are Anglican, the equivalent of the Church of England.

Also a strong Methodist presence over here.

pm if you seek more information for any area? I have many contacts. And hoping all goes well for you.

Advertisement