Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    Think I'll give Ings another week, lots of teams look completely flat, going to be a tricky few weeks figuring out what players are up to speed

Agreed, and no reason why either Manchester club will be any different.

Thinking of going without both and having 2FT (and more info) for GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Benimar wrote: »
    Agreed, and no reason why either Manchester club will be any different.

Thinking of going without both and having 2FT (and more info) for GW3

Yes same boat.

Kane will be going but do I give him another week?

Probably better off to get more info as could potentially move on with Mitrovic, Ward-Prowse thus freeing up more midfield spaces and then allowing me to move to United/City attackers accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Reading Mourinho's comments about the match - he says they had little training - number of players had Covid - which he didn't name and others were in isolation and others aboard with national teams, so basically not all fully fit.

Will keep them for another few weeks - had they taken the lead may have played differently

Just excuses from José imo. Plenty of other teams in the same position. Everton had 3 guys they only signed this week and they slotted in very well and surely they weren't all fully fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There probably weren't too many players who stood out - Vardy and Salah both got 2 penalties

Salah was incredibly sharp, even at 1-0 I was saying it. He looked really good, the hat trick didn't flatter him all that much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Doherty to Digne too kneejerk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just excuses from José imo. Plenty of other teams in the same position. Everton had 3 guys they only signed this week and they slotted in very well and surely they weren't all fully fit.

Perhaps and hopefully that's the case - one lasting effect of the virus is tiredness, and yesterday probably the first real competitive match as a group they had - if some are feeling those effects - probably worth shipping them on. lack of football is one reason not to be fully fit, but if the reason is anything to do with the virus - then spurs assets are dicey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just looks like the Spurs players have skipped the brainwashed season and moved straight to the 'the Emperor is ****ing naked' season with Jose. International management beckons I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FHFC wrote: »

Spurs still have some good fixtures coming up. Doherty even had an opportunity to score yesterday, which is unusual for a Jose side.

If he is your only Spurs player, I would keep. But if you own 2 or 3, I would be thinking of transferring one of them out. I think one Spurs player will be needed over the next while, for coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I don't have any Spurs players and I'm glad I don't, once things start going wrong under Jose they tend to spiral, I think his arrogance prevents him from making the necessary changes to steady the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fitz* wrote: »
    Spurs still have some good fixtures coming up. Doherty even had an opportunity to score yesterday, which is unusual for a Jose side.

If he is your only Spurs player, I would keep. But if you own 2 or 3, I would be thinking of transferring one of them out. I think one Spurs player will be needed over the next while, for coverage.

Yeah hes my only spurs player. But as Pete said there this could be the start of the Jose spiral. Not seen the highlights yet but hear they were poor.

And Everton have equally good if not better fixtures. Digne seems like he has a much higher ceiling over the next 3 or 4.

I got more right than wrong in my team thankfully so it's either this or bank the transfer probably. Price rises for Digne might tip the balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

FHFC wrote: »

Thinking the same but I'll give Doherty a chance. Besides I need to get Mancs in

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Ings out for Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

I’ve convinced myself to wildcard. Have an ok score of 58 with Werner and Vinagre left to play.
    After seeing the games I’ve a much better idea of the good cheapies, guys who have a bit of a spring about them and starters.

Add that to the 4 teams that haven’t a game this week then it makes sense to re jig things to my liking. Really want KDB, Fernandes and maybe Kun/DCL. Don’t want Son amongst others.

What are they cons to wildcarding now before the new year. When would be a better time considering the points I’ve made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Tandey wrote: »
    I’ve convinced myself to wildcard. Have an ok score of 58 with Werner and Vinagre left to play.
    After seeing the games I’ve a much better idea of the good cheapies, guys who have a bit of a spring about them and starters.

Add that to the 4 teams that haven’t a game this week then it makes sense to re jig things to my liking. Really want KDB, Fernandes and maybe Kun/DCL. Don’t want Son amongst others.

What are they cons to wildcarding now before the new year. When would be a better time considering the points I’ve made.

So now that you have seen players play you want to WC to get in players you haven't seen play? Next week you could be saying the same things you said above but having wasted your WC. You are having a decent GW1, no need to go half-cocked into a WC which you will later regret.

You have two WCs per season, as per the rules;
    The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Mon 28 Dec 14:30. The second wildcard will be available after this date in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Early WCs can sometimes work but I would be waiting 2 or 3 GWs at least to judge things... transfer window is still open as well which is only another reason to hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    So now that you have seen players play you want to WC to get in players you haven't seen play? Next week you could be saying the same things you said above but having wasted your WC. You are having a decent GW1, no need to go half-cocked into a WC which you will later regret.

You have two WCs per season, as per the rules;

Well yes players like KDB Fernandes and Kun don’t exactly need an eye test. If you feel they do then that’s your prerogative.
    I’d rather WC. than do what some have suggested save 2 transfers till next week and take a minus 4 to make 3 changes. While missing points and taking a hit seems a bit like missing a trick, not to mention price drops.

I’m just asking when is a better time to use the wildcard than now?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Trey13

Everyone views it differently but I plan on keeping my wildcard as long as possible. I’ve used it early on the last few seasons and never really got the kick I thought I would. Going to wait 8 weeks at the very least to get a good picture of which players and teams are on the ball. Going to bank this transfer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Two Spurs players in my team. 46 points all out for the gameweek. No Utd, City or Chelsea players. Three of my squad didn't even play.

Wildcard might be my best option too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Throw up your potential wildcard team and you'll see pretty quickly that it's probably not a good idea.

"good cheapies" sounds like cheap lads that scored this week (won't happen every week), or 4m players starting who could be replaced by the end of the transfer window. If you're talking Justin, Hendrick, Klich, that's not a good move. In some ways picking a team now is worse than picking it before GW1, as you've now been clouded by one gameweek, and the list of players on the transfers screen now has GW1 scores (1 weeks evidence) rather than last years score (38 weeks evidence)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Wouldn't wildcard to bring in cheap players until after the transfer window closes in October. Clubs could still bring in players to make that cheapie a bench warmer. Plus the way FPL have been pricing new signings there are likely to be none less than 5mil (no matter how bad they are) so you may need the wildcard to do serious changes throughout the team to get a starting 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

De Bruyne and Possibly Fernandes are going up in price fairly soon by the looks of it and they haven't even played a game yet. Very annoying.

Too many premium midfielders in the game this year making it awkward to know who to go with. I mean if the above mentioned have a great game next week and Salah and Auba continue where they left off your head is gonna be wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Like the look of Jamrod but I fear he may be an assist the assister type. DCL and Ricky may benefit more from him though Ricky's finishing can be mediocre at times. Digne is my favourite way into that Everton team at the moment. Will see how price rises go but if he looks like rising this week I'll bite the bullet and sell Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just looks like the Spurs players have skipped the brainwashed season and moved straight to the 'the Emperor is ****ing naked' season with Jose. International management beckons I reckon.

Spurs didn't look great at all. And Jose's interviews after were definitely him in last season on the way out mode. I have Alli and Doc. Alli out for Willian this week. Doc out for someone from Manchester next week is currently the plan.

(On reading your international management beckons comment it just struck me that this time next year he could well be Ireland Manager)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If you're gonna bail on Liverpool double defence after one game, the tactic isn't for you

Maybe its not for me but thinking I will probably bow out of it until the Chelsea and Arsenal games are over and maybe go back to it on the early wild card which I think I'll play in week 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

To contribute to the wildcard debate, I wildcarded last night (not that it matters :))

But in previous years, I've done both in terms of using my 1st WC early and also by keeping it towards November and honestly I don't ever remember getting a massive boost out of it (in terms of immediate points return) but I was always happy to use it once I got the players I wanted and where it saved me at least 12 points in transfer hits.

As one of the few who doesn't have Salah :mad:, and in attempt to recoup those points, I'm reverting to my team post announcement of the GW1 blanks (bar the inclusion of Havertz & Wilson and some of the bench fodder):

McCarthy,
    TAA, LaPorte, Vinegar,
    Mahrez, Fernandes, KBD, Havertz,
    Mitro, Wilson, Werner.

Peacock-Farrell, Strujik, Stephens, Mitchell

Well yes players like KDB Fernandes and Kun don’t exactly need an eye test. If you feel they do then that’s your prerogative.
    I’d rather WC. than do what some have suggested save 2 transfers till next week and take a minus 4 to make 3 changes. While missing points and taking a hit seems a bit like missing a trick, not to mention price drops.

I’m just asking when is a better time to use the wildcard than now?

There are a number of reason why you should wait, but i feel like your mind is made up - so maybe you can be the boards experiment - WC after 1 GW and see how it turns out.

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Two Spurs players in my team. 46 points all out for the gameweek. No Utd, City or Chelsea players. Three of my squad didn't even play.

Wildcard might be my best option too!

If you had Salah, and had him captained - and got 80 points, would you feel the same that you need to WC.

How many players who had Salah captained are talking about using the WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I am thinking of doin Ings & Son ---> DCL & Bruno.

Reason being I feel both will be long-term in my team and any price rise/falls mans I can't do it

I am thinking of doin Ings & Son ---> DCL & Bruno.

Reason being I feel both will be long-term in my team and any price rise/falls mans I can't do it

Rhetorical question for you, 2 days ago did ya think Ings & Son were long term? You could have afforded DCL on Friday too. Or is it just because DCL scored this week?

• Advertisement

Like the look of Jamrod but I fear he may be an assist the assister type. DCL and Ricky may benefit more from him though Ricky's finishing can be mediocre at times. Digne is my favourite way into that Everton team at the moment. Will see how price rises go but if he looks like rising this week I'll bite the bullet and sell Doherty.
    Just watched MOTD2, very impressed with JamRod. On the watchlist. With regards to "assisting the assist", Richarlison had 7 shots in the game, 5 were from JamRod's assists.

Advertisement