Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Tempted to use my wildcard also but I have done well enough this week I think, have 60 points but still 4 players to play this evening. Might hold off I've not played FPL properly for a few years so trying to settle back in and not be kneejerk.

I feel I need more big names, I have no City, MUFC, Chelsea or Liverpool players. Not sure that is realistic going forward for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just watched MOTD2, very impressed with JamRod. On the watchlist. With regards to "assisting the assist", Richarlison had 7 shots in the game, 5 were from JamRod's assists.

Thanks for that, I was only half watching the game. Must catch up on motd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Defo think its worth holding on to WC until the transfer window closes if you can, 5th October. Theres an international break that week too so you can make changes based on injuries/Covid after that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I am thinking of doin Ings & Son ---> DCL & Bruno.

Reason being I feel both will be long-term in my team and any price rise/falls mans I can't do it

Apart from that header, DCL did nothing all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Mourihno would suck the optimism out of anyone.

Will prob go Kane out : In either, Kun / Vardy / Martial..... with an eye on Werner tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Who would you guys get in for vinagre if ye had him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Noone, more important issues and you wouldn't have played him next week anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Noone, more important issues and you wouldn't have played him next week anyways

Could be danger of a dreaded early price drop though.

FHFC wrote: »

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So realistic options with the upcoming fixtures would be Newcastle, Villa and Leeds defenders right? Charlie Taylor always worth a shout too. James Justin if you're ok with possibly having to make another defensive transfer in a few weeks time.

• Advertisement

[PHP][/PHP]
    Noone, more important issues

Not for me

My team next week

McCarthy

Arnold
    Justin
    Mitchell or Vinagre

Salah
    Aubameyang
    Fernandes
    Saint Maximillin

Werner
    Calvert Lewin
    Adams

CSF wrote: »
    So realistic options with the upcoming fixtures would be Newcastle, Villa and Leeds defenders right? Charlie Taylor always worth a shout too. James Justin if you're ok with possibly having to make another defensive transfer in a few weeks time.

I already have Justin

[PHP][/PHP]

Not for me

My team next week

McCarthy

Arnold
    Justin
    Mitchell or Vinagre

Salah
    Aubameyang
    Fernandes
    Saint Maximillin

Werner
    Calvert Lewin
    Adams

I'm jealous, the state of my team!

Charlie Taylor?

I already have Justin
    Well, plenty of other options to choose from there, if its the route you wanna go down. If you wanna avoid making more defensive transfers in the near future, it would be Charlie Taylor for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rhetorical question for you, 2 days ago did ya think Ings & Son were long term? You could have afforded DCL on Friday too. Or is it just because DCL scored this week?

Yes but now we have the benefit of having seen these teams play. I was seriously unimpressed by Spurs. Everton bossed that game, Spurs reduced to long balls in the second half. Son was always a place holder for either KDB or Bruno except now Im considering changing a couple of weeks early.

I feel like with Evertons fixtures getting somebody in is important. DCL looked lively on the counter attack. Great header and if Richarlison had squared that ball he would have had another. There fixtures are great and they have added real quality with James & Allan.

I suppose thats my reasoning, maybe it is knee-jerk but getting Bruno in before his price goes crazy seems like a good move

FHFC wrote: »

I would be surprised, most would be benching him this week anyways and many still be bringing in Unitec etc.

Though as an owner that might be wishful thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Jamal Lewis could be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well, plenty of other options to choose from there, if its the route you wanna go down. If you wanna avoid making more defensive transfers in the near future, it would be Charlie Taylor for me.

Taylor could easily not start imo. Pieters be there. He probably will start, I just wouldn't be transferring him until we see that for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bank most likely.

Tempted by Son > James
    Or
    Mitro > Bamford

Will most likely leave it and have 2FT maybe go-4 for GW3 bringing in Utd boys

I'm here considering a Leeds defender. Is there something wrong with me after their display today? They're gonna be much tighter with Cooper back and Koch bedded in...........right? And the fullbacks play like the Liverpool ones whenever I've seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Using your wildcard now is ridiculous.

People must really have no confidence in their original picks to do that. Knee jerk new team is not likely to be the answer.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Using your wildcard now is ridiculous.

People must really have no confidence in their original picks to do that. Knee jerk new team is not likely to be the answer.
    Some people made their teams with the specific purpose of wildcarding in GW2. Given how badly I've done in GW1, I'm wishing I had done that!!! But not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Some people made their teams with the specific purpose of wildcarding in GW2. Given how badly I've done in GW1, I'm wishing I had done that!!! But not really.

At least you survived the LMS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was going to hold but I think I'll get Havertz out and James Rod in.
    Havertz looked anonyms today and has Liverpool next. James looked very involved in all the attacks. Also Everton have great fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Havertz to Bruno as planned.

Might pull the trigger tonight as have the exact funds. Don't know if I'm happy to trust the sites on gw 1 as they'll need to get the algorithm

Edit: Noticed he was at 80 odd percent to rise so I made the move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Havertz was one of the worst debuts I’ve ever seen. No doubt he’ll be a star, but it’s too soon to have him in my team. Might just cut himself and Son and get DeBruyne + some £5.5 mid

At least you survived the LMS :pac:
    Only just :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I finished on 64. If I had captained Salah I'd be on 77. So I don't see need to panic. I think I'll bank, take a chance on having no Manc players next week. Then I may take a 4 point hit and do Son, Auba for Fernandez, JamRod but then I have no arsenal asset.

Going to be some tough decisions and I may just end up straight swapping Auba and KDB this week..but the safe option is to bank and take a chance.

Team would be as follows , suggestions welcome to really mess my mind for the week. Douglas and Brewster are long term issues that will be replaced in free transfers.

McCarthy
    TAA, Tierney, doherty
    Salah, Auba(C), Bissouma, ASM, Son
    Werner, DCL

Bench, KWP, Douglas, Brewster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What would people say is the outlook for Vinagre after Marcals debut tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Think I'll have to correct my decision of going without Mo. Chelsea looked a bit of a shambles tonight and I cant afford missing out on another haul - at least if he blanks then most others will be in the same boat. Havertz and Son on the chopping block.

Advertisement