Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ings will be expected to pay his returns in the 2 games after spurs.

Baldcock out, Gabriel in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Tempting to use my wildcard also, but as others have said things are up in the air at the moment. Plus Pool Chelsea and Wolves City this weekend so feel I can hold off. May just take the free transfer and remove Aaron Connolly. Was tempted to put in Bamford although he's already up in price and I don't rate him that much. Leeds Fulham this weekend. Fulham look a poor outfit. Mitrovic tempting.

I don't know much about Rodrigo at Leeds, his goalscoring record isn't that impressive although with his transfer fee I assume he will start most games. What do people think of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Tempting to use my wildcard also, but as others have said things are up in the air at the moment. Plus Pool Chelsea and Wolves City this weekend so feel I can hold off. May just take the free transfer and remove Aaron Connolly. Was tempted to put in Bamford although he's already up in price and I don't rate him that much. Leeds Fulham this weekend. Fulham look a poor outfit. Mitrovic tempting.

I don't know much about Rodrigo at Leeds, his goalscoring record isn't that impressive although with his transfer fee I assume he will start most games. What do people think of him?

He's the starting striker for Spain and cost nearly £30m so he will be their no 1 striker in time. He's undoubtedly better than Banford but I'd hold off until he's starting (will be given time some time to adjust). He did give away the foul for the last penalty against Liverpool so that wouldn't have done his starting chances much good and Bamford scored too so I reckon he'll be on the bench again this wkend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Invincible

siblers wrote: »
    Did Son to Bruno to avoid the price rise. Have 1.5 in the bank and KDB raring to come off the bench so feeling a bit better.

If TAA looks off the boil in the next few game weeks he will have to go, 7.5 is very expensive if he doesn't get decent returns, would look to downgrade him to maybe Chilwell and could then strongly improve my midfield

Hard to justify holding Taa, considering price rise since last year. Got Gabriel for him last night, had outstanding debut and arteta seems to have tightened up defensive strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭bodking

I really hate using a transfer in gw1 but I couldn't see Adams scoring against Tottenham but I can see Bamford scoring against Fulham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any see the Wolves game ?

How did Marcal do at LWB ? Heat map isn’t very impressive re attacking potential.

Probably still a better option (attacking returns) than Saiss though.

Shocked Jota didn’t get any gametime. I really hate that Jota, Podence and Neto will share minutes for 2 places. I think one of them will be a great option but who knows which one ?
    Yeah I'd love to take Podence at 5.5 but there's a lot of 20 minute cameos in his (brief) time at Wolves. You'd have to think with their long season last year they'll do their best to manage minutes. They've a record striker Fabio Silva waiting to get minutes too.

Invincible wrote: »
    Hard to justify holding Taa, considering price rise since last year. Got Gabriel for him last night, had outstanding debut and arteta seems to have tightened up defensive strategy.
    He was 7.7m at the end of last season, up from 7m starting price, 7.5 isn't much of an increase really.

Dice75 wrote: »
    Sideways move from Antonio to CWilson....7.5m in the bank for next weeks moves to start brininging in Manchester players once we get a feel for lay of the land.
    7.5 in the bank :confused:

Get spending lad, a -4 to bring in a Premium mid/forward for a 5m player is definetly worth a shot

Reversing my "trying too clever approach" of going without Salah and picking Havertz and Pulisic (awful decision in hindsight).

So it'll be Havertz/Pulisic out and Salah and AN other up to 6m.

I'm looking at Klich and Harrison from Leeds. their stats are very similar in terms of last season. Any Leeds fans know who was on pens last season? Who would you pick out of those 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Took a -8 point hit for a slight reshuffe bringing in Fernandes and KDB. I'm regretting it now but hopefully that's my team in good condition for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Shedite27 wrote: »
    7.5 in the bank :confused:

Get spending lad, a -4 to bring in a Premium mid/forward for a 5m player is definetly worth a shot

Disagree but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dsmythy wrote: »
    That seems like madness to me. Includes getting two players who might not be first choice in the short term.

As soon as I typed it out and clicked post on boards.ie, I promptly turned off my laptop and went to bed.

Madness is right ted

So it'll be Havertz/Pulisic out and Salah and AN other up to 6m.

I'm looking at Klich and Harrison from Leeds. their stats are very similar in terms of last season. Any Leeds fans know who was on pens last season? Who would you pick out of those 2?
    I'm in a similar boat, Son and Havertz out allows me KDB and a 6m (or a 4.5m and another premium defender).

FPL site has Klick as the penalty taker. Also Scummy Man highlighted:
    ScummyMan wrote: »
    no love for Klich?

A 5.5m on pens is an attractive asset imo

16 goals and 14 assists in the last two seasons

Others on my radar are:
    Podence (Wolves) - prone to rotation
    Pereira (West Brom) - unproven at PL
    Doucoure (Everton) - seemed to be playing fairly advanced in a team that will socre goals, but will he really keep Siggy/Bernard/Iwobi out full-time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Serious over-reaction here. KWP and Ayling have reasonable fixtures over the next few weeks and they rotate nicely with each other, filter them out of your team over the next while. Getting rid of Fraser and Antonio would be enough imo, lots of options available depending on how you want to split the 12.5.

James has Liverpool next so will be better handled and a Chelsea clean sheet looks unlikely, get him the week after on a FT. Saiss wont be scoring regularly and is playing City next so a big score is unlikely, again wait. Justin and Mitchell will likely lose their places as the incumbents return. Getting Bamford at 5.6 will see you with 0.4 itb and being 0.1 short of players you want for weeks.

Good advice.thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I went straight to Martial and captained him. Palace at home is almost as good as it gets.

(Us) United fans weren't saying that after last year's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I can get away with benching Vingare for a week or two but he'll need to go eventually. Annoying, I had Lewis in ahead of him until last hour. He may be my replacement.

I'm in a similar boat, Son and Havertz out allows me KDB and a 6m (or a 4.5m and another premium defender).

Others on my radar are:
    Doucoure (Everton) - seemed to be playing fairly advanced in a team that will socre goals, but will he really keep Siggy/Bernard/Iwobi out full-time

I'll go with Klich so, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What are Ings owners doing?

Southampton were poor by all accounts. I'd expect Spurs to park the bus and grind out a draw/narrow win next weekend

I'd planned to bank but have the funds to bring Martial in (???)

Sticking with him. He looked lively on the 30 mins or so i saw and should have scored a header at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I can get away with benching Vingare for a week or two but he'll need to go eventually. Annoying, I had Lewis in ahead of him until last hour. He may be my replacement.
    At current pace he may price drop by the end of this GW though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Grim.

Not doing too bad if Vinagre is your main concern.

Although he’s a problem for me too.

I’m looking at a way to get Digne or Saiss in for him. If I can’t find then I’ll go with Lamptey, KWP, Taylor or Lewis at Newcastle.

yeah I can leave Vinagre in another week and then get him out in GW3. Digne would be the one that stands out to me. Ended up with 64 points with 40 of those coming from Salah which is a bit of a worry but I've got Bruno on the bench to come in v Palace. Didnt see the Chelsea game last night but posters here seem to be saying Werner was lively but the midfield were not finding him in good positions, hopefully Lampard sorts that out.

Few people seem to be dumping TAA. Im going to stick with him long term as I think he is likely to score a few direct free kicks this season, I think he has overtaken Salah in the pecking order for taking them or at least it seemed that way at the tail end of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Others on my radar are:

Doucoure will 100%play every single game for me. Everton had no midfield last season and siggy, Bernard and iwobi would all be sold if anyone came in for them

He was 7.7m at the end of last season, up from 7m starting price, 7.5 isn't much of an increase really.

Ah yes, but the majority had him from the start and .5m is substantial when you can get Robinson for 7m, granted he hasn't frees in his locker but gets his share of assists or VVD for 6.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It was one game - why did you bother getting him in the first place if you were going to sell ? He's not going to return every game - mind boggles. it will be 3 times harder to get him back in if you want him as the money will be spread all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Hard to justify holding Taa

3 assists and 1 goal in a single game against Leicester last season is burnt into my FPL memory; he is a season keeper!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

He's the starting striker for Spain and cost nearly £30m so he will be their no 1 striker in time. He's undoubtedly better than Banford but I'd hold off until he's starting (will be given time some time to adjust). He did give away the foul for the last penalty against Liverpool so that wouldn't have done his starting chances much good and Bamford scored too so I reckon he'll be on the bench again this wkend.

Sound, yes I agree looks like Rodrigo could be one to keep an eye on with Leeds playing attacking football, but bedding in time required.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It was one game - why did you bother getting him in the first place if you were going to sell ? He's not going to return every game - mind boggles. it will be 3 times harder to get him back in if you want him as the money will be spread all over the place.

Already have Robertson, so will go without double pool defense for now.

3 assists and 1 goal in a single game against Leicester last season is burnt into my FPL memory; he is a season keeper!

Had him for that, but form isn't permanent, remember Haines was a must have, his price too rose to 7.5m.
    If and when he gets up and running, I'll probably take a -4 to get him back but happy with just 1 pool defender for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

CSF wrote: »
    Some people made their teams with the specific purpose of wildcarding in GW2. Given how badly I've done in GW1, I'm wishing I had done that!!! But not really.

Anyone who picked a team planning to wildcard in week 2 is mental in my opinion. We do not have nearly enough data to be doing so.

Personally I won’t even be making a trasnsfer this week. Had Greenwood on the bench and I will risk going Cityless this week until I see what happens. They have a very tough game anyway so a haul is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ace2007 wrote: »

Exactly, some of the stuff being posted is madness.

What other 7.5m player has the potential to get similar returns to his last season over 38 weeks. Not too many!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Had him for that, but form isn't permanent, remember Haines was a must have, his price too rose to 7.5m.
    If and when he gets up and running, I'll probably take a -4 to get him back but happy with just 1 pool defender for now.

The killer with TAA is his high ownership; possibly doin a -4 after he scores a big points haul has the potential to hurt you more in standings!

Advertisement