Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 14 (Clermont Ferrand -Lyon, 194 km)

Options
  • 12-09-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

526110.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Sagan attacks the bunch to snaffle 15 points in the intermediate sprint, Sam takes 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was gas watching the sprinters fly up the small cat4 climb before the sprint dropping the peloton behind them

Higuita trying to go in the break with Kluge at the start was hilarious. Looked like Kluge had brought his kid out for a spin with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not a very inspiring parcours, roll on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not a very inspiring parcours, roll on tomorrow!

I don't think it's that bad, but there's probably a lot of tired legs looking for an easy day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

If Bora gave Sam this support over the last few years he would have walk-in wardrobe full of jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

The Green Jersey Comp is making this stage. Fascinating.

At last the team are supporting Sam. The gap won't be much at the top. Should be ok (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭griffin100

This is the first real green jersey competition in years and it brings a new dynamic to the early parts of the stage before the GC stuff starts. Makes for a much better spectacle. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

This not great for Sam.
    Bora pushing hard

• Advertisement

CMcsporty wrote: »
    This not great for Sam.
    Bora pushing hard

Yeah, a minute and a bit now....... Hmmmm.

Latour abandons. Pretty terrible 24hrs for AG2R

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just read over in the general thread that it's 50 points for the stage winner. I was thinking that it would be only 30.

I still don't think though that Sagan will be able to handle the two Cat. 4 climbs at the end good enough to stay with the likes of Alaphilippe, Yates etc.

Why TF are CC pushing this hard with 100kms to go?

If the worst happens hopefully Ewan is still in to take the win and the points.

If the worst happens hopefully Ewan is still in to take the win and the points.

Ewan is 9mins behind the Bennett group

Just read over in the general thread that it's 50 points for the stage winner. I was thinking that it would be only 30.

I still don't think though that Sagan will be able to handle the two Cat. 4 climbs at the end good enough to stay with the likes of Alaphilippe, Yates etc.

Hope so.
    It's all or nothing for Sagan today.

Itziger wrote: »

CC and Bora have made a pact.
    They want to get to the end and then scrap it out amoungst themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Hope so.
    It's all or nothing for Sagan today.

I think Bora are playing the long game here. Trying to put Sam in constant difficulty so that he won't make it to Paris over the big mountains.

Trentin is in the Sagan group. I think he has the beating of Sagan in a sprint if he is still there at the very end.

• Advertisement

Crazy shenanigans in the feed zone.
    EDIT: And Sam & DQS have sat up

I think Bora are playing the long game here. Trying to put Sam in constant difficulty so that he won't make it to Paris over the big mountains.

Could be.
    If Sagan doesnt pick up points today i wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits as early as Monday.

Green Jersey group have called it off..... Obviously got a call.

Green Jersey group have called it off..... Obviously got a call.

Or Sam has cracked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

I hope that’s not Sam throwing in the towel. He looks like he’s going to abandon! Just get home, try get the sprint points tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

NO throwing in of towel...just knocking off to fight another day

Plus DQ have Allaphillipe upthere ...he will attack befor ethe end to try and take stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

ratracer wrote: »
    I hope that’s not Sam throwing in the towel. He looks like he’s going to abandon! Just get home, try get the sprint points tomorrow.

Don't think Sam every really thought he'd be there at the end. The fact that he pushed on after the intermediate probably shows he's feeling pretty good. Could have just sat up and come in with the groupetto. Possibly trying to make Bora burn a few more matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

PLus teams like CCC,NTT and Sunweb will try something ...thy dont have a team for the high mountains and this stage is one of the few they can go for

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

happytramp wrote: »
    Don't think Sam every really thought he'd be there at the end. The fact that he pushed on after the intermediate probably shows he's feeling pretty good. Could have just sat up and come in with the groupetto. Possibly trying to make Bora burn a few more matches?

Very glass half full analysis. I'm not sure. Hopefully Sagan doesn't feature at the end of the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Very glass half full analysis. I'm not sure. Hopefully Sagan doesn't feature at the end of the stage.

If teams attack, then Bora won’t be able to chase them down. Sagan can go himself of course but they’ve used up a ton of team energy already

Loads of classic type rides left in the peloton. They’ll have targeted this stage you’d imagine

Advertisement